'86 movie question

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by seeker311, Nov 27, 2007.

1. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    In the animated movie, we see the Bots rounding up the Dinobots in the ships when Galvatron and the sweeps make the second attack on Autobot city. We know that Devestator was unable to destroy the Dinobots during the first raid. So my question is, Do you guys think that the Dinobots would have been killed had they been left behind during the second raid instead of boarding the ships or would they had taken care of themselves against the Sweeps and Galvatron?

2. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I think it wouldn't be an issue because Galvatron and his crew weren't after the Dinobots, they were following Unicron's orders to destroy the Matrix, they would have followed Magnus regardless.

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    ^^^Agreed.

Though even if Galavtron had left some Sweeps behind with orders to take out the Dinobots, there still wouldn't have been much of a problem. The Dinos always held their own against every Decepticon minus Devastator (and presumably the other Combiners), so I'm sure they wouldn't have been destroyed anyway.

4. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I was watching SOS Dinobots on YouTube last night, I think the DBs could've handled themselves

5. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Also technically according to a storyboard on the sony special edition dvd the dinobots don't actually defeat devestator. ultra magnus and 2 other autobots with the missle launcher gimmick break him down.

But I don't think swoop would fare very well against sweeps anyway. His wings were always considered a lightweight and weaker metal that was his greatest vulnerability but otherwise your up to grimlock breathing fire and slag shooting tri horned laser beams sledge has tail missles and a ability to store sunlight as energy.
    so we have a lasers, flamthrower, missles, and if they get close enough brute force.

As a counter argument if any autobot team had the ability to beat the sweeps because they seemed to have enough energon to survive the battle it would be the dinobots.

6. Don_East

Don_East Wants TFA Seeker Toys

I dunno, this is the part of the movie when the Dinobots became retarded robots that stay in dino mode and can get easily amused by Kup's war stories.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Didn't Grimlock toast a Cyclonus clone during the beginning of Galvatron's raid? I always thought that is what happened to the second one, melted into slag by Grimlock.
    In any event, joke characters or not, the Dinobots can handle themselves. Galvatron and his generals would give them trouble, but they could handle the Sweeps.

8. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Oh yeah, well maybe the DBs would still know when and when not to listen to Kup's stories

9. Fortress_Maximus

Fortress_Maximus fortuna audaces iuvat

IMO the Dinobuddies would've held their own against Galvatron, Cyclonus and the Sweeps. The thing is there are most effective when they work as a team, but in TFTM we don't see them doing it that often. Pity b/c I really wanted to see them tear apart Devastator.

10. Zarscream

Zarscream Well-Known Member

Possibly , i think grimlock would die last though :) 

11. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I believe it was a sweep that Grimlock cooked as blurr was trying to push him into the shuttle.

12. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IMO as dumb as the Dinobots were in the movie, they could have handled Galvatron and company.

13. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I find it highly doubtful that even the combined might of the Dinobots could have handled Galvatron. I mean, think about it; he draws his power directly from Unicron.

14. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i think the dinobots woulda taken some numbers intially but in the end galvy would slay em.

15. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Correct. Slow down the action and you'll see it. Anyway, back on topic, Blaster didn't get on the Shuttles and survived so the Dinobots (as dumb as they suddenlty got) would have faired well too as Galvatron, Cyclonus and the Sweeps were only out to destroy the Matrix. I have issues with how the Dinobots were treated in Season 3. Hot/Rodimus didn't respect them, "Big Bozo" and it always seemed that Optimus Prime and Wheeljack could bring out the best in the Dinobots.

Phew. I need to watch "Rude Awakening" again! :lol 

16. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i think the all time low point of the s3 dinos was when grimmy bawled when they thought rodimus died. ugh.

17. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

The Dinobots may seem to be stupid, but they're big bots... they can take care of themselves. They don't need the other Autobots.