#84 Team Bumblebee in The Fireball Run

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by firehawc_69, Sep 3, 2011.

1. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I couldn't think of a better place to post this, so hopefully this gets the kind of exposure I'm expecting...

Chevrolet FIREBALL RUN Adventurally

[​IMG]

The Fireball Run Adventurally is one of America's most popular motoring events, also known as "The Race to Recover America's Missing Children". This event is the largest awareness campaign in the country which has aided in the recovery of 43 missing children. In 2009 the Fireball Run became an inspiring documentary movie and now all Fireball Run events are filmed for all to enjoy. The competition is intense, the characters are real, and their message will inspire you. "This isn't reality TV, This IS REALITY!"

Now Fireball Run begins expanding beyond its adventure roots and into several motor themed events tailored to the participant. We hope one day you will join our cast either as a participant or fan. So without further adieu, please enjoy what we refer to as Fireball Run: The Web Experience. http://www.fireballrun.com/welcome/FIREBALLRUN_LIVE

The Fireball Run Adventurally is based on the The Fireball Run Transcontinental Rally, which was a surreal, if not an out and out wacky automobile road rally. Unable to find a word that could accurately describe this city-interactive, character driven rally, we decided to create our own word, and in 2010 "Transcontinental" was replaced with "Adventurally".

Team Bumblebee Chevrolet FIREBALL RUN Adventurally
    This year’s Fireball Run Adventurally - Southern Excursion already has already exceeded a record in participating teams in the Movie Car Category. Team Bumblebee will be a fierce competitor to become the winner in this category.

About Jon
    [​IMG]
    Jon is a U.S. Air Force Veteran. He’s currently working on finishing his Bachelors of Science in Management Studies through the University of Maryland University College online along with face-to-face classes at California State University – Channel Islands. He plans on pursuing his MBA and eventually open a Rock/Metal Club in Las Vegas. He has worked with numerous volunteer organizations including Ability First, Autism Speaks, Down Syndrome Association of Los Angeles, The Arc Foundation of Ventura County, Gamers United, Habitat for Humanity, LAPD Toys for Tots, etc.

About Trista
    [​IMG]
    Trista is a wonderful mom to two beautiful teenagers. She has recently received a “Parent of the Year” award from the city of Oak View! Trista helps feed the homeless every year at Thanksgiving by serving at a shelter as well as selecting and serving 2 full meals to families in need. She runs and organizes local Miss Oak View beauty pagents (sometimes single-handedly), manages and runs Easter Egg hunts, attends Grid Iron Football meetings, and chaperones Cheer Camp squads. Additionally, she donates and collects toys for Toys for Tots. - All while working for five separate employers!

About Bumblebee
    [​IMG]
    Bumblebee is a customized 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT. The modern Camaro that appeared in the film Transformers (2007) was a concept car, not brought to production until 3 years later with only minor changes for safety reasons. The subsequent movies featured modified and stylized versions of the 2010 production model.

Bumblebee has appeared at numerous events with Star Car Central, drawing a new, younger demographic and often steals the show. This car has instant recognition and turns heads everywhere it goes!

Team Bumblebee – Team #84
    The #84 is in homage to the year (1984) that the Transformers brand was created in a joint effort between the U.S. brand Hasbro and the Japanese brand Takara. Transformers toys have been released in some form or another every single year since and there is no sign of it slowing down.

Our missing child
    [​IMG]

Gianni, along with his brother and parents are missing. Their vehicle was found abandoned at the California/Mexico border. Their home and bank accounts have gone untouched since Feb '10. This is an extremely difficult case that has left detectives stumped.

You can help us participate in the rally, live through Twitter and facebook. Help us out with solving clues and providing logistical support!

Please Like us on facebook: #84 Team Bumblebee http://www.facebook.com/pages/84-Team-Bumblebee/274360709241087
    Please follow us on Twitter: TeamBumblebee84 http://twitter.com/#!/teambumblebee84
    Our email is: [email protected]

Donations are accepted through paypal at the above email address. This is strictly non-profit and intended to cover expenses incurred during the rally. Please select Personal>gift. ANY amount is accepted and appreciated!

We really need your help TFW2005! Even if the McStay family are not recovered, your support will help with the recovery of other children through increased awareness with this event. If even one child is recovered, it makes it worthwhile.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
  2. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

I'm glad you did post, I didn't know of this. In my area too. Good luck and have fun.

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    They got number 84? That's a nice coincidence.

4. firehawc_69

News Credits:
    It wasn't a coincidence. They asked what number I wanted and gave me 5 options in case my first choices were taken. #84 was my first choice, for the exact reason you'd expect from a TF fan ;) 

5. firehawc_69

News Credits:
    Going to fabricate inverted camera mounts today. The Kodak Zi10 mounts I have are suction cupped to the windshield, but the tripod mounts are on the bottom. I think the hardest part will be finding the hardware that matches the tripod mounting screw...

6. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    You could jury-rig a wire basket around the rear-view, but that might shake a bit.

7. firehawc_69

News Credits:
    I'm making brackets out of plumbers tape and lining them with neoprene. I found compatible nuts for the mounts, but finding the screw to fit the tripod hole in the camera was a bust. I had to order some new camera-specific mounts to take them off.

It's not the prettiest thing, but it should do the job. I wrapped it in electrical tape to make it a little better looking.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  8. firehawc_69

News Credits:
    Made $5.45 in donations today. Mall security booted me in the first 5 mins :p 

9. firehawc_69

News Credits:
    Team Bumblebee will be at the 9/11 Memorial today along with about a dozen other Star Cars!

Where: Route 66 Classic Grill
    18730 Soledad Canyon Road
    Canyon Country, CA. 91351

Event Time: 5:00pm to 9:00pm

10. firehawc_69

News Credits:
    The live track feature is up now: Fireball Run Live Score System (click LiveTRACK at the top)

You can track us starting Sep 24 and check out our position in the race. You can also chat with us (not sure how that's working yet), or help us solve clues directly through facebook: #84 Team Bumblebee | Facebook and on Twitter: Twitter