$80 Nemesis Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Matrix Soul, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    BBTS has raised the price for Nemesis Prime to $79.99, has it became that rare?

2. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Its selling for around that price on ebay (even from Hong Kong now).

3. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They provided an explanation in their most recent newsletter (this afternoon):

4. Vader

Vader Well-Known Member

Not sure how limited these are but glad I got mine already. If u'r a completist, u better get one of these quick.

5. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    I still see the lowest at $61.00 with shipping

6. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Jeez, that's nuts! Glad I picked up mine for $35. ^_^

7. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    Whew! Glad I got Nemesis Prime and I don't have to go through another "overpriced Alternator" shelling of cash again like I did with Swerve.

8. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    Hasbro is f*cked up.... making everyone else in the rest of the world pay a premium for a toy thats available almost everywhere in asia.

9. CdnShockwave

Pretty much. It just seems to have such a skewed perspective on how to make money! You'd think toys like Nemmy Prime (which are obviously going to be huge hits and everyone is going to want one) would be made widely available to cash in as much as possible on a popular toy. They make it an exclusive and thereby shoot themselves in the foot. It's like "Hey, we've got this really good toy that everyone's going to want... let's limit it"

I know Nemmy is available in Asia, but the above rant applies more to Hasbro distribution policy in general. Makes about as much sense as omega knight on a good day.

10. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

This makes me wish I hadn't canceled my HTS order and waited to get two more in November... damn

11. CdnShockwave

Man, you really poop the bed when it comes to Alts.

12. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

This and the rare Swerves just really piss me off. I'm never going to get these because I'm never going to pay that kind of money for them.

They could have made an exclusive out of anything else, but making one with an Alternator just really irritates me.

13. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I stayed on the backorder list myself, but I'm not exactly viewing it as a guarantee. I'll find out in November.

14. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    sorry bout that my rant does apply more to Hasbros distribution policy

15. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Wow, am I glad I'm waiting till November for my HTS order... No way I'm paying that big of a markup, even if it is that rare.

16. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    I wish I had a chance to get Nemesis Prime from HTS for $25 but like most everyone else no luck. I refuse to pay more than $35 before shipping so as far as I'm concerned numbered or not he isn't part of the Alternators line as a whole, just another exclusive. I was luck to get Swerve from someone on e-Bay last year who had three, got him for $27 before shipping, a steal at the prices he goes for today. The only thing Hasbro can do worse than Nemesis is a Classic exclusive like say Thundercracker. If they did that figure like Nemesis then many would drop the line altogether, maybe even stop collecting. But what are the odds of that?

17. Mixmaster

Mixmaster logh ghot SIS yoD TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    But part of the appeal for some people was that it was an exclusive of sorts. So it's plausable that less Nemesis Primes would've been sold if it had seen a wide release, as people would've passed on it for being "lazy repaint".

Ebay was saturated with Nemesis Prime auctions at one point, some were not that costly. There's also been an odd cheap Swerve from northern continental Europe occasionally.

Having said that, cost is a matter of perspective, alts. in the UK cost £20-30 which is about $37-55, so I didn't really think twice about buying Swerve for $70 which is maybe around £40. The US to me is like cheap alternator heaven.

Camshaft seems to be becoming a little bit like Swerve, there've been less Camshafts on eBay than Nemesis Primes.

18. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whoa! I'm amazed because the major retailers in my country still have an ample supply of NP and with discounts, he's going for like US$25-30?! Hasbro really dropped the ball on this alt. for the US TF fans.

19. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the exclusiveness was why its became populer , the amount of people who moaned about the mould and then moaned about the black repaint suggested nobody wanted it, and then suddnely it became an exclusive and the fickle fandom decided it was a brilliant toy that everyone should own

In the uk nemesis primes are 10 a penny i can list several uk sites where you can buy nemesis prime for just over uk retail price, it seems to be only america where the price is so high

20. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    :horse:  :horse:  :horse:  :horse:  :horse:  :horse: