$75 BBTS Store credit.....now what?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by JazzEd, Nov 16, 2011.

1. JazzEd

JazzEd Truckasaurus!

Hey gang,

I recently traded in some stuff to BBTS and I know what I want for the majority of the money but for $75(that would include shipping cost)of it, I'm not sure what to get.

So my question is, has anyone gotten any Tf recently in that price range that thought where exceptionally cool?

2. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    if yer into classics, Id say spend the few extra bucks and pick up perfeft effect reflector. Its small, but one of the coolest figures made, imo. Awesome gimmics

3. JazzEd

JazzEd Truckasaurus!

I really want that set but I can't go over the $75 mark. :( 

4. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    What lines are you into? I'll have to take a look and think on it a bit. I would probably wait for Cyber Monday though no matter what in hopes that there are some good things on sale. I have my eye on a few things that I am hoping go on sale that day.

5. JazzEd

JazzEd Truckasaurus!

Im into anything besides Movie stuff. I have all the movie stuff I want already. :) 

6. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Wait for prime figures.

7. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Well, outside of movie, I would consider:
    Animated Wingblade Optimus Prime (One of my most recent purchases, and I like the armor, but it is a pricey piece when you prettymuch just buy it for the armor, since it is a clear Prime).

3rd Party:
    Any of the FP insecticons (though you will probably want them all). They are pretty damn good, just choose the one you want most.
    Hardhead upgrade if you have Hardhead (I prefer the regular one over the BBTS version, but they are both nice).

United:
    Windcharger and Wipeout (if you don't have Windcharger, and don't mind spending $50 on two scouts)
    Megatron (I think the United is the best version of the mold)

G1:
    Some nice vintage stuff
    Encores if you have missed any, or the upcoming Soundblaster/Twincast

Could always jump on the Alternity bandwagon (I havent yet).

Again, I would wait for Cyber Monday, and if you can save up a little more, there are a lot more options out there. As someone mentioned, the PE Reflector is nice. All the PE stuff is nice, but it is a little pricey for little figures.

8. JazzEd

JazzEd Truckasaurus!

Thanks barrelks! Those are all great suggestions. I'm giving FP Backfiery a serious looking. He looks awesome!

Good idea about waiting for Cyber Monday:) 

9. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    Their Alternities are pretty cheap right now. I'd suggest one of those. If that's not to your liking, I'd go for some of the Japanese Beast Wars stuff they had a huge restock of several months ago.

10. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

You can always preorder stuff. Or wait for christmas. Not only does BBTS have discounts but there seem to be more used figures on the site as well. I got some TFTM leaders for cheap last year.

11. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    looks like they're sold out of dark skyfire, that would have been my #1 pick. awesome toy if you can get it for 50-60.

so I'd suggest getting united megatron (he's on pre-order again) or the wfc black prime and megs 2 pack that they recently cut down to 63 bucks

12. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    Except only Prime is worth a damn. That line is only 1 for 4 on its molds. Megs, 'Bee and 'Screamer all blow horrible chunks.

13. alternator77

alternator77 Well-Known Member

id use it to fill in hole you have as opposed to starting a new line. while alternities are great theyre pricy especially considering the harder to get ones are sold out at most places. and skip the prime stuff as youll find that stuff at most b&m stores. i typically use online retailers for stuff that isnt in storesc(mp,alternity,3rdparty reissue etc.) if its coming to stores just wait youll save more.

14. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I dunno, they are certainly a different style and feel, but I'd say the Destrons are fair enough. The Suzukis, yeah, much more of an acquired taste with the bulky chests and weird legs.

15. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    This might be unimportant, but when I had store credit I did ask BBTS if it was allow to use whatever payment (I used money order) and combine with the credit to use to buy things and they said yes. So I was happy to use that for whatever I wanted. Sorry if that makes no sense.

16. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    fansproject g3 trailer (though with shipping it may excede 75 if its shipped by itself