7 Primes

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by mattjy, Jun 30, 2009.

1. mattjy

mattjy Homobot

I've just been watching TF1 again, and aside from noticeing that time moves extremely quickly from morning to night between Bumblebee returning to Sam's house and then following him out, to the fight with Barricade, I was also reminded of Sector 7 and the First 7.

And the Primes are... the First 7 Cybertonians!

Wonder if this was deliberate and why there aren't 13 original Cybertronians.

2. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    We've knowing two of The Seven Prime,Sentinel and The Fallen.

3. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    vector prime and maximo or hiw his name was

4. mattjy

mattjy Homobot

Ok, I should have been a bit clearer. I was asking a rhetorical questions when I said 'who are the Primes?'.

I was making the point that the Primes are the First 7 Cybertronians, which is a nice parallel to the First 7 of Sector 7.

5. ConeheadConvoyX

ConeheadConvoyX Banned

1. The Fallen
    2. Sentinal Prime
    3. Nova Prime
    4. Nexus Maximus (Primne?)
    5. Vector Prime
    6. Prima (Prime?)
    7. The Last AutoBot (Prime?)

But thats just what I think

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    There might well be a connection there - or someone just really, really likes the number 7.

Also I wonder if there might have been more Primes to begin with in the Movieverse, and 7 were all that were left post betrayal of The Fallen. The other six, and Fallen himself.

After all, they had to find out about the whole "only a Prime can kill a Prime" thing somehow. I'm thinking there were more to begin with and the six who defeated Fallen and sealed the Matrix were the survivors - although the Movie contradicts that theory, I think somehow they had to know about the whole "Prime killing a Prime" from experience.

Additionally, as the Movie universe is not like the previous universes, it's not a certain thing that the Primes are related to the original 13 of other continuities. I would think. Hasbro and Fun Publication's talk of "multiversal singulatrities" aside, there's not a lot to connect these guys with the other continuities.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  7. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

im surprised they didnt say there was 13 primes, that way they could have advertised 70 bots in this movie instead of 60

8. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In that case, who is Optimus Prime a decendant to? Something to think about.

jD001

9. blueandwhite

blueandwhite Well-Known Member

I'm still confused about the whole "Only a Prime can kill a Prime" deal. Why is that the case, and if it's true than why did Optimus go down so easily to Megs in the Forest?

I mean, I understand it made resurrecting Optimus more significant, but given that he is also a Prime shouldn't he now be invincible now that The Fallen is toast?

10. janeDoe001

News Credits:
    It's not 'only a Prime can kill a Prime' it's 'only a Prime can kill the Fallen' No one in the movie said anything about Primes killing Primes.

jD001

11. red4

red4 Banned

The Fallen is a Prime, on the same level of power as the other 6. Therefore, only a Prime can kill a Prime. Although I don't think it's meant to be taken literally.

12. sideswipe89

sideswipe89 Beachcomber

News Credits:
    Do you think someone could put up a small timeline from the when the primes visited earth, to the the start of the civil war. to the end of the second movie. I'm kinda confused on the history of the movie verse. Like where was the allspark when the primes were on earth, was it on cybertron? and when did the autobot/decepticon war start? and where was the fallen the whole time?

13. Beefy_Octane

Beefy_Octane Banned

Coolness

14. red4

red4 Banned

I could make a timeline if someone could check what year Banacheck mentioned when he said "Carbon dating puts the Cube around -----BC".

15. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

hmmmm....megatron is the fallens apprentice....therefor prime has to be the fallens son....

prime does have lightsabers....

maybe that transformer and starwars cross over thing wasnt really a cross over afterall

i think it was 10,000 bc

16. janeDoe001

News Credits:
    yep, or was that for Megatron?

But the cube was found in 1917 or 1936 when the first 7 found it. hehe first 7 and 7 Primes Earths got more in common with Cybertron than first thought.

jD001

17. red4

red4 Banned

Okay, I just popped in the DVD and got the numbers. I also did some quick research about human evolution...............

TIME LINE:
    -Primes build the Harvester on Earth approximately between 192,991 and 10,000 BC (the span from which modern humans appeared, to the last years of basic hunter-gatherer lifestyle). I think that's the kind of humans the Primes interacted with.

-Carbon dating puts the Cube around 10,000 BC <---As quoted by Banachek

-Megatron lands on Earth "a few thousand years ago"

18. sideswipe89

sideswipe89 Beachcomber

News Credits:
    yeah, it was 10,000 Bc. But im not askin for a date-accurate timeline, more just like this happened first, then this happened, and then that happened,etc....

Thanks!

19. sideswipe89

sideswipe89 Beachcomber

News Credits:
    and the begining of the 2nd movie says the harvester was being built around 17000 Bc I think.

20. red4

red4 Banned

Well that's got to be a load of crap. The Decepticon War was already well underway during that time.

Ok.. Banachek says "Carbon dating puts the Cube HERE (on Earth) around 10,000 BC" Therefore the Cube was sent into space before that, meaning the Decepticon War was going on before that. That means the Primes built the Harvester AFTER the Decepticon War started? Can't be right.