7 minute Preview of X-Men 3 aired on Fox tonight

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gears, May 12, 2006.

1. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Did anyone else see this 7 minute preview of the new movie? It aired tonight on Fox right after "That 70's show." Some pretty cool stuff was shown. It started with Logan and Cyclops arguing about Jean's death. Then it showed Beast meeting Wolverine and talking to Professor X and Storm about the mutant gene controversy. Pretty good dialoge here. Then it showed the mutants at a gathering and Magneto was there recruiting new troops for his group. A huge guy was trying to find a seat then he turned skinny, I think it was the Blob. Had a girl who could run really fast and a guy with spikes that pop out of his skin. Lots of mutants in the crowd. I think one of them was Psylocke.:thumb  Then the scene where Angel escapes from the treatment center was shown...=very cool. Then they showed a collage of new battle scenes including Phoenix getting "Dark" and Kitty Pride fighting Juggernaut and phasing him into the floor. :thumb  Also Colossus was shown turning into metal to shield Rogue. Can't wait for the movie, Yee haw!

2. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Ok. Really enjoyed that preview. The movie doesn't look like such a departure from the previous 2 as I thought it was. Two problems I had, they might be explained away though.

1)It looked like while Colossus was shielding a young girl, his metal covered over her too. Hopefully, it was Rogue absorbing his powers or be, I totally didn't see what I thought I saw. ha!

2)The Juggernaut being Fused into soild steel and not dying? I really, really hope that's not exactly how it happens. If he was fused into the steel; he'd be screaming for a long time before his steel-fused organs completely stopped working.

[endnitpic]

3. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

Just caught a commercial for it earlier in the evening, had to interupt my TNA wrestling viewing for it, but it was certainly worth it. That movie looks great.

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I was out and I missed it :cry  I hope like hell someone out there tivo'd it and puts it up on the 'net... damn I've been waiting for today to come so I could watch it too :( 

5. JD

JD Well-Known Member

This thread is useless without pics...and vids....pic and vids! :D 

6. j3

j3 Kiefer is my Big Boss TFW2005 Supporter

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  7. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Got to see it. Seemed decent enough. Enjoyed the scene with Warren and his escape along with the scene involving Beast. Still going with my cautious optimism towards it.

8. REDLINE

News Credits:
    thanks J3!

9. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thanks j3 for posting that. I am also going to reserve judgment until I see the whole thing, but so far it's looking decent.

10. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    #2 actually happened in the Xmen comics in the 80s.

If I'm not mistaken, the reason given for him not dying was because he's actually a whole lot more dense than steel. even moreso than adamantium. His matter would be so dense it would dislocate the steel's matter in space. He also had that mystic field he got from Loki (that protected him from many things including mortal wounds I believe) during that time.

Not sure how they'll do it in the movie though. Considering there's no way they'd show where Juggy gets defeated in a preview. He definately isn't dead.

11. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Ben Foster's performance as Angel was the highlight of it, at least from my point of view.

The last 2 minutes or so were EXACTLY THE SAME as the first full-length trailer. Wasted time.

12. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Juggernauts looking cooler and cooler the more I see him bust through that building and throw whoever that was.

13. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Looking fantastic. I cannot WAIT to see this movie..

14. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

It doesn't look like a huge step back from x2, I think I will enjoy it.

15. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

To steal a phrase, "cautious optimism" is my stance now too. These previews have been getting better and better. Angel still looks like a younger, more metrosexual Owen Wilson, but I can get over that. Everything else just looks bigger and better, which is my main complaint from the first two movies, even as much as I loved X2. I was going to "Opening Week Boycott" the movie, based on the execs' dumb decisions re: Bryan Singer, but this is looking good enough to see and throw some of my money at on opening weekend. I may just use my free movie passes for AMC though. :D 

16. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Looks great. I've never read the X-Men comics so I have no holy standards to which I have to hold this film! Yay! I can just enjoy it like most moviegoers.

Yes, I liked the other two movies. No, I don't think they did anything blasphemous, because they kinda made the movie series its own continuity.

17. REDLINE

News Credits:
    I believe that he threw Wolverine.

18. TSFC

TSFC Banned

Um...yeah. I'm on this like white on rice. Or a cheap leisure suit on a pimp.

19. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Really looks good! Thanks again for posting the link.

20. butz

butz slippery when wet

Looks neat, but I'm still concerned that they're trying to juggle too many characters.