7-7-7: Transforming Lives in Lakeland Florida

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Omegatron, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    On 7-7-7, Cobb Theatres Lakeside 18 will be hosting an even called, 'Transforming Lives.' Centered around Paramount Pictures 'Transformers,' this event will feature coloring contests, trivia contests, toy displays, vehicles from the movie, video game demonstrations from FYE, and more. This event is being coordinated by me, and I'd love for lots of people from the boards to come! Prizes are being donated (so far) by Burger King, Cold Stone Creamery, and My Girlfriend's Kitchen. We'll also be collecting money for charitible organizations that help people obtain prosthetic limbs. The Lakeland Bloodnet Bloodmobile will also be on hand for your blood donations. Polk Museum of Art will be in the theatre lobby with some hands on activities ('What if we really did find an alien relic buried in ice?'). Other participants, with actual details still being determined, include Toys 'R' Us, Books-A-Million, The Official Transformers Collectors Club, and Paramount Pictures. FYE and Cobb Theatres may also be providing additional prizes. It's also my hope to get a few unique items, including movie posters, signed by Peter Cullen to help raise money for the charities- this is in addition to any other 'big ticket' items I can secure. This will be a fun event to bring the kids to, and it's for a great cause

If you live in the central Florida area, and are interested in volunteering for this event, please PM me or post here, and we can discuss. I'm fairly sure I can at least swing some free movie passes your way, and maybe some popcorn and soda as well.

Directions to Cobb Lakeside 18 Theatres: Take I-4 to exit #27 (The Polk Parkway). Take the Polk Parkway to exit 5, Hardin Blvd (a 50 cent toll applies). The theatre is located near the northwest corner of Hardin Blvd and the Polk Parkway, in the Lakeside Village Shopping Center.

Let me know if you're planning on coming. I'll be the guy who looks way too busy to talk to people. :) 

-Tony!

2. Omegatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Update: We'll also be putting up a 6 month season pass as one of the prizes, so you can see the movie as many times as you'd like til it's gone.

-Tony!

3. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll totally be showing up Tony!

Too bad it can't be on the premiere, but now I won't have to worry about spoilers!

4. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

I would LOVE to volunteer...I just need to do some rearranging of my plans for that weekend. In fact, the small group I lead at church is looking for opportunities to serve the Lakeland community, and I can almost guarantee without even talking to them that some of them would like to volunteer as well. Then they can be a part of the madness called Transformers that they tease me about all the time. I'll be in touch through PM or something, and give you my number so we can talk.

I am so excited! Two of my passions--Transformers and community service--in one event!!!!!

Kevin

5. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh, btw, what time will this all be taking place?

6. Omegatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    11-5 on 7-7-7. Autobot X- I'll PM you soon w/ more details.

-Tony!

7. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome-sauce!

Could we still win prizes and enter trivia while volunteering?

8. Omegatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Update: Prizes now include 6 Transformers video games (2 each of PS2, PS3, and X-Box 360) from Paramount Rictures, and two Transformers Classics figures from Toys R Us. Also, we will have about 150 mini-posters, movie buttons, Transformers balloons, and other items for attendees.

-Tony!

9. Omegatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bump, because it's this Saturday. Botcon was so last weekend.

update: Gotta few more prizes: Keychains, Bumper stickers, and bee-yotch air freshners, plus Tony Bacala tunes and some comics signed by Cullen.

-Tony!

10. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good stuff man!

Get one of those Target Gift Cards. That's a good prize.

Btw, bring your BotCon exclusives.

11. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    CURSES! I'm still going to be in Canada, eh.

I'll be there in spirit, though. Great effort, Tony - I hope it is a huge success!

12. Omegatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I plan on displaying the Botcon exclusives, and some other stuff.

-Tony!

13. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Take them out the case.

I plan on transforming Thundercracker.

Btw, did you get a bagged set? If you're interested in selling it, PM me.

14. Omegatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Starting to get toy displays ready. Stupid furniture store decided they didn't want to advertise to the 3-4000 people who will come to the theatre tomorrow afternoon, so now everything will be on plain white tables. Oh well, one less hassle. Onesock- sure, volunteers can win raffle prizes, as you're not an employee. I wrote the rules. BTW, check you PMs.

And to everyone else- look for me if you come. I'll be in a suit, with a nametag that says 'Anthony Davis.'

-Tony!

15. goldent

goldent goldenprime

Ebay:
    Dang. I really wish I could trek down there tomorrow. I have to knock out some home and work projects while I'm wife free for the next 24-30 hours and I haven't had a chance to do nada since she's been gone. That is awesome on how you've set this up and the amount of "Dangling Carrots" you've gathered for casual and hardcore fans. I really wish I could participate. Much success on the event dude!!!

16. Junior

Junior Wise Beyond My Years TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tony,

Good luck tomorrow. I have a previous engagement that was already scheduled for the 7th, so it looks like I am going to miss the fun.

By the way, those classics figures were from my personnel collection. I just sent them from TRU. I figured you could use the extra prizes to pull in money for the charity portion of your event. :thumb 

- Barry

17. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks again, Tony!

Had a good time with the BC exclusives!

P.S. The new TF song

18. Omegatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The event was...so-so for me. It gave me a place to build from when we do something at the theatre like this again. I would have liked to have seen a lot more foot traffic, and since I promoted it at nearly all of our sold-out July 3rd and 4th shows, I expected a better turnout. I'll try to pick a more boring weekend next time as well, as it seems a lot of people had stuff going on, or may have just been burnt out from Botcon. Thanks again to onescok for coming, and anyone else I missed.

-Tony!

19. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Did I win the Hard TF Trivia?

20. Omegatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup...one guy managed to get a few medium questions right, though. Onesock gets a 'Hard Hero' Jazz bust from Fantasy Factory!