7-01-07

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Heat Guy, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Everyone rembers the fiasco with Star Wars Epsiode III, so I ask, what if this were to happen to the movie? Would it flop at the box office, would it be cut due to low revenue? What could or would happen is what I'm asking, knowing that there is always this chance.

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I have no idea what you're talking about. What fiasco?

3. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Episode 3 was on nearly every torrent site a couple days before it was even in theaters. Tons of illegal copies were being sold all over.

4. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Wow, I didn't know that.

5. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

That didn't really have any effect on Theater ticket sales though.... SO I don't see how the question has any validity.

6. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Doesn't look like Ep3 had any trouble making lots of money.

7. Trypitcon

Trypitcon No, I can't spell.

I thought EP3 had done well in the box office. or at least compared to EP1 and EP2 :D 

8. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

I thought of this many times myself. This movie is another movie remade about something and it hasn't been good years for remades lately. Look what happened to the Dukes of Hazzard , best example to describe our worries with this movie. It was a great TV show in it's day and when the movie was announced fans were excited at first , but when what they saw wasn't what they hoped for , the movie flunk at box office. It's " the Curse of Remades ". We all want this movie to be a Big hit , but then again we all got this very same worries. I guess we will have to know how it goes for this movie next year. ...........................................................................................................................P.S. : The date of the debut is 7-04-07 not 7-01-07.

9. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Episode III was a fiasco? I don't remember that. Sure it was available in the net a couple of days early but it was still a big hit in theaters. Good times.

10. paskal

paskal SHWOOOO!!

The Dukes made double its modest budget - hardly a flop. If TF made double its budget, they'd start working on 2 sequels the next day.

11. OmegaVPrimus

OmegaVPrimus Well-Known Member

So...your worried about illegal copies getting out to the public before it air's in thater's???

Well if so, I don think their will be some1 with that much of a death wish. Cause If I had found out who it was....I might just make their life a living hell!!!

12. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't think its the movie getting posted to the Internet early that we need to be worried about, its all these fans with the ability to time travel. All the horrible things they've been saying about how bad the movie is going to be means they must have seen it in its final form like two or three times right? How do we keep them from screwing up the space-time continum?

13. OmegaVPrimus

OmegaVPrimus Well-Known Member

Good thing I own a nerd blocker otherwise the movie would have been spoiled but seriously, you have a point! Yeah I get sick and tired of people saying it's not worth their bottom dollar, etc. I say this movie just might be a long lasting treasure to the movie industry.

Hell like I said, you think people would be more appreciative of all the good producer's in this film. I mean micheal choose's some bad writer's but the eye candy is emense and fullfilling! I would have never thought it possible to recreate anything as horrifying as Pearl Harbour. Or him and speilberg joining on something of this magnitude

But I will stop ranting on....your right!