6inch Titanium Collection?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LadyStarscream, Feb 28, 2007.

1. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

For those that collect them, all of them, how do you display them? I have only opened Starscream so far, but only because I bought three. I havent opened any others yet because I love the way they look in the boxes. Are they worth opening or should I keep them MISB? I'm torn! I know the quality is questionable on some of the earlier ones like Prime and Megs.

2. Doctor Ingenious

Doctor Ingenious Doctorate in Ingeniology

Open them all.

3. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have them all MIB, but I take them out from time to time.

4. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

i have mine sealed away. the articulation sucks on most all of them so might as well keep them MISB.

And is anyone having trouble finding them? I haven't seen a new one in my area since December.

5. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    i have all mine misb and primus holds out his hands abouve them like he just created them i like em in box i loke to look at em and i take em down and look at the but i dont open it

6. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

All mine are MISB. Will probably display them that way when I have the room.

7. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I have the War Within characters on their own display shelf.

I have the current two G1 movie characters (Scourge & Rodimus Prime) mixed in with the Classics, but that'll be changing as soon as G1 Magnus is released since it wouldn't make sense having him with the Classics when Albino Prime (aka UM) is already in there. My hope is that enough G1 movie characters will be released to warrant their own shelf. Give me Cyclonus, Galvatron, Kup, Blurr and/or Springer and then they get it.

I won't buy G1 Soundwave or Soundblaster or any of the other lines of Titaniums, so I thankfully only have 2 series to worry about keeping up with. And no, I don't think they should stay MISB. Masterpieces & Alternators, sure, but not Titaniums that are of questionable quality, articulation & popularity. Take them out and enjoy them.

8. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    I have all of mine OOP. THe only one I wash i would've left in package was GIMegs. The others I have no problem with posing and about every couple of days I TF them or put them in new poses. They're all together and now have thier own shelf.

FYI: Primes floppy legs can be fixed with paper in the balljoints. Just a little and they're stiff as a board.

9. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    I display them loose without the base.

10. defstar

defstar Autobot...

Don't have any yet...but plan on getting the upcoming UM and possibly Jetfire & Megs...with complaints on their quality...(falling apart and such)...I'm keeping mine MISB...they look great displayed this way anyway...

11. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I have all so far, and I keep them MISB, mostly out of the running problems. but I have opened a few that I have doubles of. Soundwave is just awful. I ended up selling my doubles, besides Scourge

I just love the display boxes, and I display them on my shelves. IMO, they are the best series to display MISB.

12. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I only currently have Megs and Prime (thank you target pricing error). I have opened both, however megs would probably been better sealed. I am actively searching for Starscream. I have no real intrest in any others.

13. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Me too, the non War Within bots are in assorted areas throughout my collection.

14. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have them all at my office now out of the boxes and onto my desk. Despite what a lot of people say, I think they are pretty poseable with the exception of GI Joe Megs, but he still looks nice standing there clenching his fist in front of himself. WW Prime may have some looseness, but since his legs are so bottom heavy you can do a lot with his upper body and he stands firm. I do like the packaging but they really do look nice out of the box. Great collection of characters so far in my opinion.

15. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

GI joe megs is on my shelf O Trons.

Prime similarly is on my prime shelf.

Rodimus Prime is in my collection of Rodimi. The rest I'm undecided on so they sit next to my PC where I can play with them.

16. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have all but Cheetor. They all be opened, TFed, displayed loose for a bit, then boxes back up and stacked on top of Alternator wall. Except Rodimus who's on the shelf with his family. They do look great boxed, but it does take up some space. Great way to avoid paint chips though.

17. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I display mine loose on the base. I fit them in where I can fit them on the shelves. (Best spots)

18. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    think their best modes are the bot modes. mines all in a bowl. stupid trapezoidal boxes make for lame stacking.

man i sound like omega supreme.

19. BadJeff

BadJeff Bite my shiny metal ass!

I bust em' out of the package on the drive home then display them without the stand. Allways in bot mode.

20. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Have them all open except Screamer. All in bot mode except that POS Megatron, who flops to death if I try to stand him. I have those lame stands thrown together in a pile. Will probably save the name parts and glue together the stands to make like a wall for a secret base or something.