6" titanium WW prime & megs

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by KA, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

But it's a poorly put together version of Gi Joe Megs....

2. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

Ti Megatron fell right apart as I was taking him out of the package. Everywhere there was a joint it just disconnected. I have to say I've never seen this sort of poor quality in a TF before. It looks great in both modes, great paint, but I think this may be my last Titanium figure for TFs. It's just so bad. I don't see how they can make something as awesome as the battlestar Titaniums and Star Wars ones then make this. I guess it's the lack of transforming experience.

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    well, megs has NOTHING on Prime, so don't be hasty and let Megs decide the line's fate in your eyes! you might wish you hadn't...

4. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

Well I'll certainly take the reviews of this line more seriously now on before I buy.

5. kronos

kronos PSN = METROPLEX_84

News Credits:
    I am very pleased with the purchase of both of thease! They are both great and they may fall apart at first but i kno mine are ok now! And I transform them a few times a day! I have them at work on my desk!

6. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I have to chime in and note that Megatron is ridiculously sad. I can't, for the life of me, get him to stand up and STAY standing up. Limbs fall off like crazy. I've given up caring about the paint chips on him and figure, "fuck, I want to see him in tank mode, so I don't give a crap how bad it busts him up."

Crapola toy.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Just opened my Prime, I'm impressed by the weight. He feels like a heavy duty warrior in robot mode. Other than the hips when I transform him, no problems with parts coming off, but at the same time he's what I'd call a "collectors figure" - something to display in a case rather than play with. I'm impressed at how well done he is, though. As long as the line is more guys like this, I'm game.

8. ANDROID PRIME

ANDROID PRIME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I liked these figures. perfect for display. not to big not to small. prime is far better than megs. I hope this line goes on for a ling time. I would like to see some more beast wars titaniums. I love how this line draws from every transformers universe. give the titaniums a chance.

9. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    I just got him today, and all I can say is that he's definitely not worth $16. The hinge that attaches to the shoulder just flops on mine, the crotch area just fallsp apart, and his legs are so stuff. Slag, I think even some G1 toys (and the SWTFs) have more articulation than he does. So, being frustrated, I'm also going to keep him in tank mode. Most likely, permanently.

And I gave the stand to my LOC Megatron.

I'll still pick up the rest of the line, but I sure hope they fix such weaknesses in future waves.

10. JKahn913

JKahn913 Bunch of Mooncalves

Yep. Just picked up Prime at the Times Square TRU. It's joints are extremely loose, and his appendages keep falling off.

It should have been a statue because it does look neat.

11. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Oddly enough, my Prime was pretty much perfect. After reading all the bad things about him, I expected the worst and found him to be quite tight and cool. Megatron, on the other hand.....*ugh* All the things that have been said were and are true. I boxed him back up immediately and he fell apart into 5 pieces while in the box. He's going straight back to Target today. Also, my Megs. was missing that "M" logo. Anyone else have that problem? Did mine just fall off somehow? I never saw it.....

12. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Got my Prime from BBTS a few days ago. Overall he's much better than Megatron, but that's not to hard. His shoulders and legs are way to floppy, but at least you can pose him and he stays. Hopefully the next wave is tighter.

13. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    I got both yesterday and they're nowhere as bad as people were claiming them to be. The Prime transforms fine and poses well. Megatron is a bit of a brick but is alright in both modes. And boy they're heavy! I wasn't expecting that much die-cast. So no wonder they're selling for $20CAN apiece. Can't wait for the others! :D 

14. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Either most of you guys are grossly overexaggerating how easily Megatron falls apart, or I got lucky and grabbed an unusually good one. I FINALLY found 6" Megs for the first time today (though WWI Prime was AWOL), and yes, his elbow joints (but only his elbow joints) are floppy, but that's mostly it. If you move him from side to side quickly, his waist piece can come undone on mine, but since I really don't do that often.. Otherwise, mine is fine. No fall-apart joints or pieces, and he can stand up on a table even after a fair amount of wiggling. I'm pleased with mine-- is he the best Megs ever? No, of course not, but I wasn't expecting him to be. I'm satisfied-- I give him a borderline B/B-.

15. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    I wonder if Titanium figures will all be that simplistic to transform?

16. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

Finally I found Prime today. He seems much harder to find than megatron.

He has plenty of painted detail like Megatron but I think megs slightly beats him out in that department. Still he looks awsome. At least appearance wise both figures stand out. Prime's shoulders are floppy but that's his only real problem, that and a lack of shoulder articulation. Really the shoulder area in general seems to be his problem.

Though my megs didn't have that fall apart problem Prime is still sturdier outside of the shoulders. Prime's legs are more posable than megatrons but his arms less so, so they're about even on that point. I supose prime could get into more dynamic poses than megatron though.

In vehicle mode I'd say Prime loses to Megatron. His fists don't recede entirely, and his canopy doesn't seem to completely close. Megatron deffinately holds a tigheter alt mode than Prime, but who really is going to be displaying these things in vehicle mode to begin with?

All in all I'd say Prime is a good figure, great for display and posing but don't let your kids near him.

On a side note I'd like to mention that it seems Megatron has signifficantly moremetal in his design than Prime. I'm hoping this doesn't represent a drop off in the amount of metal used in Titaniums. (what would be the point in that?)

17. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    I found both Optimus and Megatron today at Wal-Mart. Only had money for one, so I got Prime. I doubt I'd have sprung for Megatron anyway... never have been impressed by the pics, and he's not much better in person.

I haven't opened Optimus up yet, but he looks awesome. It's very nice to have a WW design as an actual Transforming figure. All of the Optimus variants in the last few years are starting to get boring, but WW Prime has some nice associations so it's a bit different.

Edit: Ok, opened up now. Yikes. How many twist ties and levels of plastic are there?

I have some observations.

- This fellow is heavy. Nice heft for such a small figure.

- Nothing's come apart.

- The gun doesn't sit firmly in the fist any more now that I've removed it. It tends to twist around. And the arms don't like to stay raised... they rotate with the wheels. It feels like if I press the torso down that locks the wheels, but the torso doesn't want to stay down.

- Looks good in both modes, but very unstable in both. Seems like this guy has some major engineering flaws. If his arms would stay raised I'd be much happier with him.

As it is, he's a fairly good figure. Great concept, less than stellar execution. Still a nice one for the collection.

18. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Prime is WAY better than Megatron. That being said, his hand need to lock into place in robot mode and his Thighs REALLY need to lock into place so he isn't gimp legged just from his weight. OTher than those two glaring points (and a bit of wobblies in Truck mode) he's a very decent Titanium Toy, everything Megatron isn't.

I was also pleased there is a place to stash Prime's Gun in truck mode!

19. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

I just got both today. I am pleased. My Megs doesn't fall apart, hell, I even SHOOK him just to make sure, just the hip joint came loose. That part is annoying.

My Prime only has loose hip joints. It doesn't make a differance with him, he still stands in the pose I want him in. His arm joints are tight, but his left hand won't lock... his right will though!!

20. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I just got Prime, and he's a solid piece, but I actually like Megs better from a aesthetic point of view. Prime is solid and built well, but I just think he's kinda boring. Megs has some design and joint issues, but I always find myself fiddling around with Megs more than Prime, he's just more interesting to me.