6" Titanium Thundercracker

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Gears, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just bought him along with Jetfire and he looks so awesome I HAD to open him first. I've longed for a Cybertronian style seeker jet for so long and let me tell you, this guy fits the bill!

Now when you first open him, you might not notice that his arms are not fully transformed. At first I thought I would be stuck with E. Wingsaber arm movement, but I looked at the instructions and saw that the arms needed to be slid down further to allow for the full range of arm rotation the figure has. REMEMBER TO FIX HIS ARMS AFTER YOU OPEN HIM! They need to be slid down. I didn't notice this at first. Articulation on TC is great....and the joints are tight! YAY! TC can turn his head, rotate the arms up and down, bend his elbows, rotate his fists, bend and rotate his knees , kick his legs, tap his feet, the works! The lower legs below the knee, the chest, the upper arms, and the nose portion of the jet are all diecast, but thankfully TC sports plenty of ratcheting joints to handle the weight.

Transformation to Jet mode is fairly straightforward. The jet-mode holds together nice and tightly and is very sleek, with great paint applications and nice detailing including fold out landing gear. Definitely a great homage to the Cybertronian jets you saw on the first episode of G1 shooting lasers at Bumblebee. My only complaint about the jet mode is when you look from the rear it looks too hollow and TC's head and fists are too visible. But otherwise TC is very slick!

TC has vast improvements over the quality of the last 6" releases and I definitely hope this trend continues with newer releases. TC is definitely reccomended by me! :rock 

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Awesome! Glad to hear that Hasbro have upped the ante, design-wise, with these new releases. That's extremely encouraging. I liked the others, so hopefully these will be every bit as good.
    Any paint chipping issues?

3. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well when you transform him you do have to line up the halfs of the canopy together and it's one diecast part lining up against and over another diecast part and I was kind of leary, but I did the transformation and can report no paintloss here.:thumb  Also I have to emphasise how nice and tightly the Jet mode lines up, much better than my Prime and Megatron did. Very, very sleek in jet-mode.:thumb 

4. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

Glad to hear that the quality has been improved from the first wave of misfits.

5. drsyn

drsyn Classics Big member

6. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I can't wait to get my hands on this one. The only things that puzzle me...

Why doesn't he have full-size shoulder towers? Why is everything that should be black gray instead?

7. @l3x

@l3x Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    can the shoulders move out farther than they do in remy's pics?

8. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Picked him up the other day, beats the all awesome Prime's ass.

9. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

Thudercracker PWNS, and now I can't wait to get the Starscream and the inevitable Skywarp repaint. Hopefully Scourge and Rodimus Prime will continue this trend in QC.

This is how the Titanium figures SHOULD be done - ratcheting joints and good articulation. These features alone even make WW Prime look like a floppy POS.

BTW Titanium Jetfire isn't bad either - not as much articulation, and the backpack tends to pop off when you try to move his right shoulder upwards, but overall pretty slick.

10. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Couldn't agree more. Found TC at lunch and he is a 100% improvement over wave one. Looking forward to opening Jetfire tonight.

11. kronos

kronos PSN = KRONOSX1

News Credits:
    TC and Jetfire are head and sholders above the other 2 in quality! Found them today in ohio! Awsome pair!

12. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TC is a good buy! The pait is very well appied and it looks great! His joints are tight... almost too tight! Higly recommended!

13. @l3x

@l3x Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mmk so I got TC today and wow. Truly makes OP look like a complete waste of $15. Everything is tight, the paint is well applied, the ratchets make eveything stay in place, it is stable, etc, etc.

I'm VERY pleased with this figure. After the disappointment that was Optimus Prime (I didn't even bother with Megatron), Thundercracker has redeemed the Titaniums.

I give it a solid "A"

14. Jetblast

Jetblast Powered by Honda

Yes, this second wave of Titaniums is much better. TC's out of the box paint condition was great. Not all the chipping that we saw with Prime.

15. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
  16. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  17. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Logos up, hoes down!

18. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Best of the 4 by far.

19. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

The similarities to Cybertron/GF Starscream are quite striking. The transformation even appears to be very similar... though I can't quite see how the upper arms work just yet.

I want this guy. I had a passing interest in the 6" guys... Prime, mainly... not Megs after the horrible reviews... Jetfire looks cool... but this guy... I'm going to have to hunt this one down. I want this guy as much as (but not in the same way as) a teenaged girl wants the captain of the high school football team.

Yeah, I been drinkin' tonight.

20. Acidophilus

Acidophilus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just got Thundercracker and Jetfire last evening. If you can get only one, it sould be Thundercracker.