6" Titanium Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Robogeek28, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Didn't see a thread, but if I missed it mods please merge. Just got my Screamer and Prime yesterday(haven't opened Prime yet) and figured I'd share a few pics. :thumb 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think he's a great figure overall and matches up size wise with Classics Screamer pretty well. He has tight joints although his fists are quite loose, but since Thundercracker's are the same way I expected it. My only qualm with this figure is the color of his head. Grey just doesn't look good IMO, and black woulda looked much nicer! Overall I give him a B+ and eagerly await Sunstorm and Skywarp to add to my War Within Seekers! :thumb 

2. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And with Titanium Thundercracker..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. optimus_prime_rules_007

optimus_prime_rules_007 Banned

Very cool, can't wait to get this.

4. lordsidious001

lordsidious001 Well-Known Member

nice find. i can't wait to get a hold of one.

5. Corbet

Corbet Wanderer

I really should pull out my War Within comics but how do the seeker titaniums match up to the comic color wise?

6. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really want one of those. I hope the complete the WWI seekers. Thanks for the pics.

7. Death333

Death333 aliases: Dx3, Dr. Whiffington, Hellscr333m

News Credits:
    Can't wait for this guy. I spent 6 hours the other day after I found the OP looking for SS....no score----I'm a sad Panda.

thanks for the pics.

8. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i really wanted to like this, best TF bio ever, had it in my hands when i picked up tit rid prime, passed.

the tri colour paint apps just doesnt look good/as unified on this mold as it did with TC.

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Thundercracker is spot on, Starscream isn't since the comic version had a different transformation - the original plan was to do Skywarp as a repaint of Thundercracker and Starscream as his own mold with Sunstorm presumably the repaint of that.
    Best laid plans, huh?

10. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

Not bad but not great. I'll probably pick it up if I can find it.

11. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    First I've heard of this.:inquisiti 

12. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Don mentioned it a while back, I think it may have been in the thread where the official pics of Sunstorm surfaced.
    At any rate, the information comes direct from the man himself. He wanted to have Starscream be a different mold.

13. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah that woulda been preferable, ah well, whatcha gonna do?

14. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Got mine today. Atrocious paint job, the worst I've seen in a long time on a TF. Also some mold degradation as some joints who were tight on TC are now a bit loose on SS. And the grey head is fugly as hell.

15. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    The greay head is annoying and mine has some loose joints as well...but otherwise it's fine. Overall, not bad, not great.

16. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I wouldn't say that. When I first got WW Thundercracker, I immediately noticed that something was off about him. After comparing the toy to the comics, sure enough, the paint scheme was wrong. Where the figure has yellow on his shoulders & torso, the comic depicts him as having silver there instead - which looks FAR better than the toy paint job imo. And just like Starscream, the grey head color of the toy is wrong since it should have been black like Sunstorm's.

As for the WW Seeker molds, you're right. Apparently Don did make two unique mold designs for the toys, simply labled as "Seekers", but they (Hasbro or whoever) decided just to repaint the TC mold several times instead. I guess there was/is talk that Skywarp's mold could be different than SC/TC/SS, but I for one hope not. If they would have introduced a revised mold with either SC or SS, I would have been on board with the idea. But having 3 Seekers look the same while the 4th is possibly different would actually annoy me more than just having a straight repaint. But that's just me.

17. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    No, not just you. I feel the same way about Armada Skywarp. Fantastic to have all three together there, but Skywarp looks so off compared to the other two. It's the fin on the head and the VTOL fans that throw his look for me - the faceplate and different nose I could live with.
    I'd much prefer Skywarp be the same as his brothers, but I'll just be happy to have him in any form, as long as he looks good with the other two.

18. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Yeah I'm with you guys...the Armada Seekers were the first thing to come to mind. As much as I hate the plethora of repaints we see in everyline (though I do know WHY they are done), some TFs SHOULD be repaints, especially the three (or four, with Sunstorm) Seekers.

19. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Just to add, I'd be more than happy if they used the rumored second (and still unused) WW Seeker mold on characters like Thrust, Dirge & Ramjet. Keep the current 4 as repaints of each other and then mix it up with the "new" mold for those other 3 guys... ala G1 and Classics. Of course I doubt they'll even release any more Seekers after Skywarp comes out, but it doesn't hurt to hope :)  I'd personally have no problem with a 7 character team of jets if it means flushing out the line a bit more - and allows for even more Autobots to released in the process.

20. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Love him about as much ac TC. He's albinorific and all beefed up except for the head. Looking at him makes me think "all I need is Skywarp and I'll be happyhappy", SIKE, then I'll be wanting a frikn Sunstorm