6" Titanium Scourge

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Scantron, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Another recent arrival...

Comments -

- A bit more squat and wide than I'd expected, particularly in the face, waist and thighs. Was expecting this to be taller. Excluding the thing on top of the head, is noticeably shorter than the other 6" Titaniums.
    - Rear portion of the carapace in vehicle mode doesn't clip/peg in place as tightly as I'd like.
    - Decepticon symbols on the carapace are pink; going to need some repro faction symbols over those.
    - I'm not a fan of the face sculpt.
    - Rubbery plastic used for fists (like Thundercracker) and head-thing.
    - Transformation is very simple, but pretty much the same as the original figure.
    - Die cast parts - Torso and lower legs. A bit less than other Titaniums, but there's not really any other good place to add metal.
    - Nice tight joints and no stability issues.
    - No paint problems on mine.
    - Articulation (robot mode) - Feet tilt down, knee joints, universal hips, universal shoulders, head can tilt down, wings can be adjusted, elbow hinges, wrist pivots.
    - Head is positioned in such a way that the figure seems like it's looking downward all the time; neck joint doesn't allow the head to tilt back.

Overall, I think this figure looks nice and is a good update of the original Scourge. It's not as good as Optimal Optimus or Thundercracker, IMO, but far better than Jetfire and the Wave 1 figures. Recommended!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

can't wait to find one of these, Unicron need's his Huntsman and Altercron needs someone to have bitching at him all the time.

Sorry, fanfic seeping through to real life again.

3. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just opened mine, and he bumped TC for best 6" so far. Only issue with mine is one elbow is a little floppy. The paint is gret, haven't seen any chips or anything. Transformation is really simple but it's probably better that way with the diecast. The face doesn't scream Scourge as much as I'd like though, he feels more like a background Sweep. Thoroughly awesome figure though.

4. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    wow, a 6" tit getting some love. Nice to see. And SCOURGE!!!
    hope this is a step in the right direction. Now If only if could find him...

5. @l3x

@l3x Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can the head turn side to side?

6. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nope, it only bows forwards as part of the transform.

7. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    woo! troop builders, ho!

8. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I need to get this one! And they need to make Cyclonus too! And a Classics Galvatron.

9. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think he looks great. Does he fit in well with Classics?

10. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

this is one 6 incher i am interested in, alone with rodimus prime and Ultra Magnus.

11. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fairly well, IMO...

[​IMG]

12. mocrzy

mocrzy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My scourge is missing a major paint app... in alt mode, the vented areas on the "bridge" portion are supposed to be painted silver...Mine has one vent that is silver & one vent that is unpainted...it makes the whole alt mode look...well... off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This guy is the ultimate shell-former, and his instructions only have 4 steps. :lol  The paint is perfect on mine, cleanest yet of all my 6". The legs on mine are kind of loose but overall he's a cool figure, and it's friggin' g1 SCOURGE! Now if you'll excuse me, I have to run around and chase my cat with his alt mode through my apartment.

14. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    9/10! I absolutely LOVE this guy. the transformation is simple, pretty true to the original. I was really impressed with how tight most of the joints were and how "smooth" he is. Simply fantastic.

He does seem to be more a Sweep than Scourge, I agree, but it's still all love for me. I do really wish he came with a gun, or even hold one, for that matter.

Highly recommended!!! best 6" yet...well I haven't opened Op Op yet... I hope this means better quality from here on in :thumb 

15. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

Space boat, space boat, space boat, space boat...

He looks cool in bot mode, limited articulation but big deal. But I don't know what they were thinking back in the 80s with that Alt mode.

16. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

The limited articulation on this thing kills it for me. The sculpt is all right and the alt mode is excellent, but it's been a long time since I've bought a Transformer that only seemed capable of very stiff, awkward looking poses in robot mode. Was really looking forward to this guy, and found him hugely disappointing. Worst figure in the line so far for me (excluding Megatron, of course).

17. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I've never been a fan of Scourge, but I'll pick him up since his G1 design actually fits in very nicely with the War Within designs. Might even pick up some extras for a mini Sweeps army.

But the best is still yet to come - War Within Megatron! Goddamn I cannot wait for that one! I always hoped they would make a bigger plastic version of it (along with WW Prime) but I'll take what I can get.

18. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Very simple, but rather nice.

be sure to turn the thighs forward for forward/back leg movement. It helps a lot.

19. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My Titanium Scourge had an assembly error that prevented proper transformation. When attempting to tf him from robot mode to alt mode for the first time, I was unable to get the head to fold down, even with fairly significant force.

Peeking down into the cavity the head folds down into, I noticed there was a piece of black plastic spinning loosely around the metal 'silo' that holds one of the two screws that connect the front and back of the torso. This piece of plastic was catching on the head assembly and preventing it from folding down.

After removing the two screws on the torso and disassembling Scourge, I discovered that the piece of black plastic actually fits under the shoulder ratchet within the body. They prevent the shoulder joints from moving out of place. One side was assembled correctly.

Due to the location of the misplaced piece, it would have been impossible for it to have fallen out of its slot between the factory and the store shelf. It had to have been assembled in that manner.

Scourge is now properly assembled and I am in marvel at his bearded greatness.

20. jignat

jignat Well-Known Member

Nice to see I'm not the only one who uses this "mod"; I got mine 2 nights ago. I give it a 8.5.
    My first 6Ti fig.

Now please Hasbro: Cyclonus..... :ev: