6" Titanium Rodimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Rodentus prime, Dec 15, 2006.

1. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Finally found a pair of them at a local walmart. Very very nice in the package. Worth opening and displaying next to the G1s? (for a bit at least. Im going to have a titanium display i imagine.)

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Definately worth opening. For me at least he is the best Titanium released to date. His aesthetic might not fit in with the G1 guys, though he'll certainly look impressive wherever you stand him.

3. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

So what's the word though on these guys, has both Walmart and Target dropped them then? Only to pick up those stupid Marvel superhero ones instead? I haven't seen them anywhere, Rodimus or Soundwave, except online..

4. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The bigger walmarts here in st louis missouri seem to be carrying both the marvel and the transformer titaniums. I just found rodimus for the first time on sat and soundwave a few days before that.

5. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    Anyone have any luck finding Roddy in the greater Toronto area?

Gary

6. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Just got this little guy today, finally. While I like him overall, Rodimus continues my love/hate relationship with the 6" Titaniums. It seems like on almost every figure, they are just short of being great.... but for one fatal flaw. On Megatron and WW Optimus it's their joints, on Soundwave it's his crotch, on Scourge it's his non-rotating head. Only Thundercracker seems to be as good as they could've made him.

On Rodimus, I think the flaw is his upper torso, and the way it juts so far forward. It feels very stilted, the way his shoulders and head are about a head's-width offset, forward, from his hips. And it's a very frustrating problem, because it looks like with just a bit more engineering they could've fixed it... maybe cutting some grooves in his central column to allow the chest section to slide back. That would've made the figure almost perfect.

Oh well.... still a neat figure, and a decent fit with the Classics.

7. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Rodimus Prime is my favorite Titanium so far, and renews my faith in the line. He looks powerful in bot mode, like the leader or the Autobots should. His transformation is more complex than most of the Titaniums, and vehcile mode is impressive. Highly recommended. And to answer an earlier question in the thread, I haven't seen 6" Titaniums at Target, but found this one at a WM.

-Tony!

8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Good looking toy with a pretty nice design. Only thing about Rodimus Prime is the old G1-style "only looks good from the front" nature of it. Look at Roddy from the side and you get to see that the head and arms are shoved to the far front of the body, and there's a nice gap through the middle of the torso. A very nice design to make a Roddy Prime with no separating components.

9. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    the proportions of Rodimus' torso are pretty jarring, but they're a far better compromise than Magnus' "arms in the extreme back, tiny head in the front" look.

10. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Question. Does he have bicep swivels? That was my one complaint about Classics Jetfire... and this guy has em, I will be VERY excited.

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    No, he's got below elbow swivels, same as Jetfire's arms really except his wrists don't rotate.

12. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    Man, I still need to get this guy. I can't find him anywhere. I found Soundwave, but not him.

13. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

I don't have anything unique to say about him, but I like him. Right behind Thundercracker in appeal for me.

14. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Mine just arrived from BBTS yesterday! (Couldn't find it in the stores.) The spoiler is a little far back for my taste and the small "pegs" that clip his front half to his back half don't always stay, but he holds together pretty well and just looks so awesome overall...I love this toy, I really do! Any minor complains are nothing compared to having a proper Rodimus Prime toy. It took 20 years but it's finally here! Really, I can't say enough good stuff about the colors, the general look and feel of the toy. Definately a favorite!

15. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The gap in the chest in bot mode is kind of annoying. But overall, this guy is just fabulous. Tight joints all-around. Paint job is just gorgeous. Best transformation of all the titaniums...

BEST.TITANIUM.EVER. :rock 

16. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I have had G1 Rodimus since he came out, but he was always a disapointment to me. This nicely makes up for it. Yeah, he's got flaws too, but he's got articulation, looks, and he's fun to Transform and pose.

I'm glad I got him.

17. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Got mine today. Awesome in both modes, pretty well balanced. I love the transformation. I would actually like to see the same transformation in a bigger all-plastic version.

18. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    My new favorite Titanium after picking him up yesterday. I prefer the colors VASTLY to Classic Rodimus.

19. Wreckie

Wreckie Holder of the Discomatrix

Ebay:
    He's lovely. I loved G1 Rodimus Prime, 2 points of articulation and all, and I mourned his loss. (My mother gave him and nearly all my other transformers to the nextdoor neighbour's kids when I wasn't looking)

But now he's come back to me, with elbows, knees and a movable waist. :D 
    Another piece of my childhood has been returned to me!

20. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Still haven't seen it around here so I broke down and got it through HTS.

IMO Rodimus is the best Titanium yet. The chest jutting out looks a little odd, but you really can't notice unless you're looking at it from the side. The transformation is quirky and cool. I think it's a perfect update to the G1 alt mode and I really love the fact the "trailer" is built into the robot mode. Overall I was very pleased to finally get the guy.