Customs: 6' metal G1 optimus prime

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by DEPOSITRON, Aug 27, 2006.

1. DEPOSITRON

DEPOSITRON Energon on the rocks.

hey has anyone ever made a large prime that transforms like just scaled up the old G1 one?

2. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

the winner of kitbash of the year from transtopia. a great place to become familiar with if you're into kitbashes/repaints. here's the linky:

http://www.tfmaster.com/contests_coty_awards_2006.php

*edit* I guess it doesn't transform, but it's still big and pretty!

3. DEPOSITRON

thanks. i am thinking of trying to make a scaled up human size version of prime and i jst wanted to see if anyone did it already. i dont know if i should go with metal or plastic. i think metal would be too heavy.

4. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    I did a human-sized one (had to be human-sized, since it contained a human), and both myself and another board member are both working on transforming versions.

[​IMG]

I did mine out of plastic signboard. Gave me a nasty scar on my upper arm when I fell down in it. Next time, definitely going to pad the edges.

MCROBO did this:
    [​IMG] which turned out nicely. It's another costume, but it only transforms when it's taken apart.

5. DEPOSITRON

yes that would be uncomfortable being inside in truck mode.lol.

yeah i have been looking into it and i havent seen any that were a scaled up one of the G1 prime like perfect yours look cool though but i think i am going to make it out of fiberglass and metal so the metal parts and plastic parts from G1 are the same on the big one and i thing i am going to make a solid cast fot the head and fists and gun. but i just have to scu;pt them first out of something maybe foam or wood i dont know i will do the body first. i will keep everyone updated.

6. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Using metal is just NOT going to be feasible on a project like this. You're talking aboput big chunks at human size. It will be nearly impossible to build it and have it come out at a usable weight, and you will have a nightmare with the structural elements, as it will be terribly heavy.