6 Inch Titaniums. Who do you want to see?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Laser_Optimus, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    So, I was messing around with my 6" Titaniums today -I've got all of them up to wave five- and I really like the way the line is shaping up and -to a lesser extent- becoming TFU version 2.0. It got me to thinking of what other characters I'd really really like to see in the line. So, I actually came up with 10 Autobots and 10 Decepticons that I'd really like to see in the 6 inch Titaniums line up:

Autobots:

1.RID Ultra Magnus - I figured sense they released RID Prime that it would only be fitting if they eventually released his brother. Of course they couldn't merge to Omega Prime, but it'd still be cool to have him.

2.G1 Skyfire - Yes, Skyfire not Jetfire. I want someone at Hasbro to finally give us a show accurate version of Skyfire's animation model used in the original TV show. Classics Jetfire comes close, but he's still more Jetfire than Skyfire.

3. G2 Laser Optimus Prime - Yeah, we've already got a very very nice version of this toy, but he's my personal favorite rendition of the character and I've always wanted one to be released in the deluxe size as I have a thing for deluxe sized Primes. Besides, it's no more or less rediculous than RID Prime who's even more recent. That and they could always repaint it into RID Scourge later on.

4. G1 Blaster w/Steeljaw - Hey, we've already got Soundwave so now they need to give us his arch-rival! Bring on Blaster! And what's more they have the repaint into Twin Cast potential. I chose Steeljaw of Blaster's cassettes more because he came with the TFC reissue than because I think he'd be a counter to Laserbeak, but he does make a nice counter to the upcoming Ravage.

5. BW Rhinox - The original toy was pretty good, but I'd like to have an animation accurate version of this guy. He was just so cool a character and all. Not to mention he really really needs a real version of his "chain guns of doom" and not that oddly proportioned one the toy came with.

6. G1 Star Saber - So, I figured if we're doing multiple generations than why not include some of the Japanese exclusive characters here? Star Saber's pretty popular with us fans so I think he'd be one of the better choices. Not to mention I was pretty dissapointed with the supposed "update" that the Robot Masters line gave us. Why create an all new mold if you're not going to improve upon the original toy with better articulation? That's exactly what I'd like to see here.

7. Armada Hot Shot - Really like the animation model that was used, but I really dislike the toy's lack of articulation and huge freakin' hunch back. A titanium release would definently fix that right up I think. And they could always do a "Powerlinx" version down the road.

8. IDW Optimus Prime "Cybertronian Version" - I saw this version of Prime while reading Storm Bringer and, while not drastically different from WW Prime, I do like all the added weaponry and the subtle differences that they made in this take on his Cybertronian mode. Definently something they should look into. Heck they could probably retool their WW Prime to get to this one and add the extra weapons on.

9. G1 Arcee - Sorry, I've always wanted an Arcee that's accurate to the original animation model. Energon's great and I'm sure the movie one will be another cool take, but I think it's sad that a character that was in over half the episodes of season three still hasn't recieved a proper figure in over twenty years. Yeah we need one... at least some of us do...

10. BW Silverbolt - This one's kind of minimal on my list, but I want a Titanium version mainly because I never liked the way the original toy's wings transformed. He needs an update to give him a transformation scheme similar to his animation model's.

Decepticons:

1. IDW Megatron - Really like the design of this particular tank Megatron. He's even better, I think, than WW & G2 Megatron as far as design goes from what I've seen of him. Also, I think he just seems a whole lot more functional on the whole.

2. IDW Starscream - Again, a great modern update into an F-22 for Screamer that needs to come out in toy form at some point. The best bet would be in this line. Not to mention the repaint into Skywarp and Thundercracker. And Probably Sunstorm the way they've already milked the WW Thundercracker mold.

3. G1 Galvatron - Definently need him to go with Scourge. Also, make him more accurate to his animation model too.

4. G1 Cyclonus - Again, it'd be great to fill out the movie villains.

5. BW TM2 Megatron - We need the big red dragon to go with the Optimal Optimus we've got. Not to mention... he'd probably come out a lot better too.

6. BW Blackarachnia - Definently need a animation model accurate version of this character. She looks nothing like Tarantulas.

7. G1 Deathsaurus - My favorite G1 Japanese series villain. That and I was dissapointed that we didn't get a Robot Masters version of him. And don't mention the overpriced Botcon version... it's just not that great...

8. G1 Six Shot - I so really want to see an update of this underappreciated character. My only concern is if they could pull off all six of his modes an still update his articulation.

9. Armada Demolishor - Same deal as I mentioned above with Hot Shot. A cool design that's toy didn't really do it justic.

10. Armada Cyclonus - Ditto as with Demolishor.

So, those are my choices. Who would you like to see and why?

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I'd love to see Star Saber, Deszaras, Dai Atlas & Overlord as 6" Titaniums.

3. optimus_prime_rules_007

optimus_prime_rules_007 Banned

G1 Jazz
    G1 Wheeljack
    G1 Hound
    G1 Mirage
    G1 Arcee
    G1 Elita-1
    G1 Sideswipe
    G1 Sunstreaker
    G1 Springer
    G1 Kup
    G1 Blurr
    G1 Prowl (hope this is the Prowl we are getting)

G1 Shockwave
    G1 Starscream
    G1 Thundercracker
    G1 Skywarp

War Within versions of all the characters.

4. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That would be very cool!

5. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    If they won't do Classics Cosmos, he should be a Titanium. From overhead he'd look just like a green metal boob!

6. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    G1 Jazz and Blaster.

If they made those, I'd have a fangasm all over the place.

7. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My list:
    Cyclonus
    Galvatron
    Galaxy Force Megalo Convoy
    Fortress Maximus

8. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Nice list, good thread I think.

Personally:

Autobots

Springer. Let's face it, the G1 figure wasn't that great. Over the years we've gotten homages of pretty much everyone from the movie except Springer. Heck, we've even gotten 2 Arcee figures! (Even if they're not the G1 Arcee, it's still Arcee!)

Cosmos. Heh, the Classics design rocked. If they're not going to make him as a Classic, then he should be in this line. If he is going to be in the Classics, then we don't need this one.

Star Saber/Victory Saber. The arguement has already been made rather nicely for this figure.

G1 Fortress Maximus Done like the Headmasters Jr version, with "Spike" plugging directly into Maximus, and no Cerebros. With more articulation, and more guns, it would be a neat figure.

Decepticons

G1 Galvatron. Seriously, we get Scourge and Rodimus Prime? This is a figure that should be. I've been itching for one for years now!

Blitzwing. Same as Cosmos. If Classics won't provide, I want Titaniums to do so.

Deathsaurus A great figure that really needs to be updated and released here at a reasonable price in scale with others.

G1 Scorponok Like the Jr version (KO?) except updated, much like Fortress Maximus.

9. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    From Generation One (probably nearly all fantasy since Marvel still might own the designs and names):

Impactor
    Emirate Xarron
    Alpha Trion
    Devcon
    That two-headed guy from the original Wreckers in Marvel comics whose name is slipping my mind at the moment. He had a hammer for an arm.
    Lord Straxus
    That Spacebridge bot from the Marvel comics.
    Scrounge
    G1 Arcee
    G1 Ironhide/Ratchet...with heads.
    Thunderwing
    Minerva
    Nightbeat
    Powermaster Optimus Prime/God Ginrai
    G1 Scorponok and Black Zarak
    G1 Fortress Maximus and Grand Maximus
    G1 Overlord
    Huffer
    Gears
    Seaspray
    G1 Springer
    G1 Kup
    The other War Within designs
    The other WWII designs as seen in that G.I. Joe crossover.

And of course, the ones I know they can't do but damn it would be sweet if they did somehow.

G1 Trailbreaker
    WWI Trailbreaker

10. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    War Within Grimlock and have the cojones to put "Me Grimlock Badass" on the package.

G2 Prime and G2 Megatron (a proper tank without the "Falling Off Limbs Action Feature")

Beast Wars Dinobot, Rhinox, Black Arachnia and Dragon Megatron.

11. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

People have already suggested some great ideas, but for what it's worth, here's my list.

First, TFTM characters who could use a Titanium upgrade:

-Kup
    -Arcee
    -Springer
    -Wreckgar
    -Galvatron
    -Cyclonus
    -Wheelie
    -Gnaw

Comic/show characters who never got a toy:

-Alpha Trion
    -The Last Autobot
    -Super Megatron
    -Orion Pax (not counting the e-Hobby one)

G1 characters who've had toys but could still use an upgrade:

-Star Saber
    -Star Convoy
    -Shockwave
    -Jazz
    -Prowl
    -Ironhide
    -Ratchet

That would about do it for me! I think it would be cool, though, if they did more obscure comic/Japanese continuity characters, too!

12. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Give me a decent Cyclonus and I'll be happy

13. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Arcee - she really does need an official, accurate G1-based figure.
    Vector Prime - to go with the Fallen.
    Fortress Maximus
    Star Saber
    Armada Hot Shot - only not total crap, this time.

Galvatron - to go with Roddy and Scourge
    Cyclonus - to go with Scourge and Galvy
    RiD Megatron - one or two Alt modes. Just because.
    TM2 Megatron - to go with Op Op
    G1 Scorponok

14. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    -Hearts of Steel Shockwave
    -Hearts of Steel Megatron
    -Hearts of Steel Bumblebee
    -Squeezeplay
    -Obsidian
    -BM Silverbolt
    -Strika
    -BM Jetstorm, likely with a transparent plastic stand as well to help him "hover" in robot mode
    -IDW Hot Rod
    -IDW Ironhide
    -IDW Ratchet

15. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

War-Within Grimlock and War-Within Ironhide

16. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    War Within Grimlock is confirmed to be released, so I would also love to see the rest of the WW Dynobots.

And since we will have WW Megatron and all of the Seekers, I'd like to see other Season 1 characters be given the same WW treatment such as Hound, Brawn, Jazz, Bumblebee, Shockwave, etc. Don's designs for this particular canon are the best incarnations of the characters ever (in my opinion) so I would be more than happy to collect them all.

G1 Cyclonus, Springer, Kup, Blurr and even Galvatron since we already got Scourge, Rodimus Prime & Ultra Magnus from the animated movie.

I like the idea of getting some IDW (aka Strombringer) designs, but I think that's what the Classics basically are, at least where Jetfire is concerned. Would love to see them make another Prime vs Meg's 2-pack of those designs.

17. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Pretty much every transformer that's ever existed.

I do think if they are making Prowl, they oughta make a blue Bluestreak after. Besides that, this fandom has been begging for a proper original Ironhide since pretty much the beginning. We've seen them successfully convert larger vehicles into single robots. No reason it couldn't be done for Ironhide.

18. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Well, off the top of my head:

Deszaras
    Star Saber
    Overlord
    Jhiaxus
    Liege Maximo
    G1 Scorponok
    G1 Galvatron
    WW Prowl
    WW Ironhide
    WW Trypticon
    G1 Perceptor
    BM Megatron
    G1 Kup
    G1 Arcee
    G1 Swoop
    IDW Hearts of Steel Shockwave
    IDW Hearts of Steel Starscream
    IDW Prime/Megs
    Stormbringer Megs
    Cybertronian form Magmatron & other pre-beasties
    and WW Nemesis Prime;) 

19. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    Most wanted:

Autobots:
    G1 Wheeljack
    G1 Hound
    G1 Arcee
    G1 Ratchet
    G1 Ironhide
    G1 Blaster and Steeljaw (given that Soundblaster is listed with Ravage I would think that he will be repainted as Blaster later)
    G1 Kup
    G1 Springer
    G1 Jazz
    G1 Bluestreak

Decepticons:
    G1 Thrust
    G1 Dirge
    G1 Shockwave
    G1 Blitzwing
    G1 Galvatron
    G1 Cyclonus
    G1 Kickback
    G1 Bombshell
    G1 Shrapnel
    G1 Emperor Starscream (with the extended intakes like he had during that scene in the movie)

I would also like to see a H.I.S.S. tank Optimus Prime to go with the G.I. Joe Megatron, TM2 Megatron to go with Optimal Optimus, R.I.D. Galvatron to go with R.I.D. Optimus Prime, Powermaster Optimus Prime to go with the Galvatron I listed, and a G1 Optimus Prime vs. G1 Megatron set. The Dinobots would be nice also and maybe G1 Constructicons that actually merge into Devastator to go with them.

20. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I am happy that I get a WWI styled Starscream. I would like the King Starscream as seen in the movie but with all the bot mode changes that were made I don't think it would make a good transforming toy.