6 inch Titanium Sunstorm

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Robogeek28, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    I was bored and figured I'd take some pics of my new Sunstorm, enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I absolutely love the colorscheme, and the black head looks TONS better than the grey! All the joints are still really tight, except for his left arm that comes down a bit in Tetrajet mode. Other than that he's near perfect, and is an excellent addition to my Seeker collection, I eagerly anticipate Skywarp's arrival!

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like that they finally made the head black. I doubt that I'll buy him as I'm just not a big Sunstorm freak, but I hope the black head carries over to Skywarp.

3. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I've decided to buy 3 of this guy - 1 to keep as it is and 2 to steal the black heads from to replace on TC & SS. I just hope that Skywarp's head will be black as well so that I don't have to buy a 4th Sunstorm.

Oh and before anyone says it's a waste of money - yes & no. I plan to paint the spare Sunstorm's either into random generic Seekers or try my hand at customizing them into Thrust, Dirge & Ramjet. Although there apparently *is* a second unused WW Seeker mold kicking around out there, so who knows, maybe that one will accomodate the 'conehead' guys in their WW forms.

One can never have too many Seekers :) 

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    quite right, though you could still just use sharpie on the heads of the seekers you already have :p 

5. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Will a sharpie properly adhere to the rubber? Seems like it could rub off fairly easily... or at least dull after a few transforms & head-turns.

6. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Heh, I was considering buying 2 more Sunstorms just for that very reason, but my wallet told me no. And no, you never can have too many Seekers!

7. REDLINE

News Credits:
    you could dye them if that's your fear. grey to black would be extremely quick and painless, especially since they're soft rubber. then just dab the silver back on the faces, leave them as they'll be a darker silver which'd be a lil more like the G1 faces were...

8. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wait, what? I must've missed a memo. Do tell!

9. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

That Sunstorm looks great, the Titanium Skywarp don't exist yet?

10. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    I wasn't going to write a whole review on 6" War Within Magnus, since everything is pretty apparent about his looks and structure since he's just a repaint, but I figure this is as good a place to put this note as any--

WWI Magnus' joints are as loose as WWI Prime's, maybe a little worse. So none of the rumored "tightening up" for the mold. I still love the toy, though.

11. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

He looks good for what he is, but I'm just not big on the yellow. I'd prefer if they made his green buddy, or better yet the purple one with the flamethrower from MTMTE.

12. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Alright, I think my inner-geek is winning this one. I've managed to look past the innacurate coloring of Thundercracker & Starscream, but the more I see him, I just can't do it with Sunstorm. I can't pinpoint exactly what it is, but the colors just don't look right compared to his G1-ish scheme. Maybe it's all the black or the overuse of orange vs. yellow, but there's definitely something more off about this one than the other two.

That's not to say I won't buy him - I just don't know if it will be to display as-is or to totally repaint instead.

13. DeathFrogurt

DeathFrogurt The frogurt is cursed!

Wow, the black head does make a difference. Now I know which seeker mold to get! Especially since Starscream had a different design in WWI, and Thundercracker... is too blue.

14. Cujo

Cujo United States Air Force

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wasnt starscream's WWI alt design almost the same as his Cybertron alt???

15. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Almost, but I think some liberties were taken in making that one. I don't have any reference to check that, though.

16. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    From what I could tell, the Cybertron Seekers were absolutely influenced by the War Within designs. The first thing I thought when I saw Starscream, for example, was that they copied Don's WW designs and made them into mainline Cybertron toys instead. And when you look at the Titaniums compared to the Cybertron stuff, they're almost dead ringers save for a few little changes here & there.

17. REDLINE

News Credits:

the rumor wasn't for the magnus repaint though. Don saidthere was a possibility (key word here) that they could go back and re-release the wwi prime with wwi megs as a two pack, and that the prime would have improved joints. whether this will ever happen is still unknown at this time.

-Andy

18. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Considering Don's a primary designer for the Titanium line, that's not particularly surprising.

on the subject, the accents of black really make Sunstorm's colors work a helluva lot better than the all orange/yellow/white of most previous versions.

19. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Oh of course, but my point was that it seems that Hasbro ran with his WW Seeker designs for Cybertron before he was in a position to make his own variants with the Titaniums.

...in your opinion :)  I personally like the previous color scheme for this character much better.

20. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I totally agree.... all the black looks really bad imo...but I'll still get it if I find it in stores since I loves me seekers of all generations.