5th PAX Officially Dated - Aug 29-Aug 31st 2008

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Deefuzz, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For those wondering what PAX is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penny_Arcade_Expo

Yes I know it typically falls on the last weekend in August, but there was talk and rumors of it getting bumped up a week or two. But there was a press release PDF found today with the official dates. Me and a couple friends were talking about hitting this one, so it will be my first PAX. Anyone else?

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2007/10/26/penny-arcade-expo-2008-dated-returns-aug-29-31/

2. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know, after going to several years of E3, I have really had my fill of game expos. I just don't enjoy being around large masses of fanboys and the like anymore (I am a fanboy to in many ways, but it's the large masses of them that bother me). There are some perks, but probably not worth the trouble, and I live 10 minutes from it.

3. Streck

Streck <B><FONT COLOR="#FF0000">QED</B></FONT> Veteran

I know you specified "fanboys" as your reason, but even so, I cannot stress enough the unsuitability of even implying a comparison between E3 and PAX.

4. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didn't mean they were the same thing, but I did mean they can draw a similar crowd. Either way I know a ton of people have a great time and to them I'm happy they do. I have a lot of friends and cowrokers that have gone to PAX and also volunteered as workers for it, and they also greatly enjoyed it. So, nothing against it, just not something I feel like going to and just had a itchy posting finger that decided to post that.

5. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dayum...no love for PAX on the TFW!