5th Leader Class rumour?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lazerwave, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    1st Optimus Prime
    2nd Megatron
    3rd Jetfire
    4th Starscream

I read in this review for Botcon 2009 that someone asked if we will ever see a Leader class Blackout. They answered there will be plans for a 5th leader class fall 2010, but they said they won't tell us what it is. If it's someone else I don't see a new Autobot because their all shorter than Optimus, but a new Decepticon would make sense. I'm really hoping for a Leader class Blackout. Do you hope it's Blackout or do you think chances are it's someone else. If another character post who you want.

BotCon 2009: Hasbro Review and Q&A panel

2. Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure they never said "5th"; I believe Starscream is the fall 2010 leader mold. The reason why he's not named in that panel report is that Hasbro didn't reveal him until the next day of the convention.

3. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    I think they said Starscream is coming in spring 2010.

4. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, I believe that they said there would be another and they meant Starscream.

5. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So here's what happened. During the Saturday Hasbro panel, Hasbro illuded to the mystery 4th Leader class figure saying something to the effect of "come back tomorrow and you'll find out" They also stated it would be released in fall 2010.

During the Sunday Hasbro designers panel they showed a picture of the grey prototype of leader class starscream.

6. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    OK, OK, no need for all of you to push me.

7. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    leader SS will hit retail before the spring. I think we can expect to see leaked ones in a month or little more. usually once in production, and floating around china, they hit retail 2 months after. So, I'd guesstimate oct or nov ...

8. deathonacracker

deathonacracker Decepticrumb

Ebay:
    I haven't bought ANY movie Starscreams so far so ill just wait for this leader :drool: 

it will go next to my MP version!

9. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nah it is my 1:1 scale Wheelie...

10. benzo

benzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like to see The Fallen as a leader class!

11. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

If there was 5th Leader Class I'd like either,

1.Long Haul
    2.Ironhide
    3.Blackout/Grindor

12. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This.

13. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only thing they confirmed is a 4th leader.

But yeah considering that next year will be a... "MAIN-LESS" year they COULD end up making 2 extra leaders for the movie line.

But I'd only care if it was a Leader The Fallen that comes with his spear and FIERY LEDS.

14. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only thing they confirmed is a 4th leader.

But yeah considering that next year will be a... "MAIN-LESS" year they COULD end up making 2 extra leaders for the movie line.

But I'd only care if it was a Leader The Fallen that comes with his spear and FIERY LEDS.

15. videriant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What are you talking about? The 5th leader is a fully functioning, fully transformable Ejector. Toast not include.

16. videriant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Or they could repaint the reissue perceptor silver, call it the doctor, put it in ROTF packagaing and slap a $40 price tag on it. I'd hit that.

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I honestly can't see them giving us a fifth Leader class mold in this line, but I was also one of the people who didn't think they fourth one, so, who knows. Overall, we'll probably see at least four more Leader class figures in this one toy line. The four we currently know about (Prime, Megs, Jetfire, and Screamer), and the other four all being repaint/retools of the first four. Though I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the four molds being repainted/retooled more than once.

However, if they do somehow give us a fifth Leader class mold, these would be my top three choices for the spot:

1.Blackout- his design really needs the size upgrade, and it has plenty of repaint/retool potential.
    2.Soundwave- his deluxe looks ok, but is hard to find (I haven't seen a single one yet). He could also benefit from the size upgrade, and could actually be fun with the inevitable lights and sounds.
    3.Overload- great design, imo, and I'd honestly be happy with a Voyager, ok with a Deluxe. If their going to give us another Leader mold, it might as well be someone out of left field.

18. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

do you remember much about how it looked?

19. Metallitron

Metallitron Decepticon of Malice

News Credits:
    They said it was masterpiece worthy. No pix have yet surface but im guessing we will come SDCC! He has hidden missiles and is very movie accurate they said. With Leader Jetfire being released I can hope to see SS THIS FALL, and not Fall 2010. Wishful. But If there is going to be a 5th, its gotta be BLACKOUT. Hands down the most deserving after both performances from this character and his design. The forest scene was so EPIC that I need a Blackout/Grindor to fight Prime w/ Megatron & SS. It isnt like Blackout would sell badly. I mean Brawl was killed quickly in TF1 and Blackout's "character" just wont go away, so logically, if your a toy company, and you put MILLIONS of dollars of your money into a movie to sell more toys...wouldnt you make everyone in the movie first..then go off of repaints and new characters galore!!! Hell its not like they dont have the $$$ and this movie isnt suffering despite the critics...so, Will I buy Leader Starscream, Yep! Would I buy a Leader Blackout?, Yep! Would I buy a Grindor repaint? Yep! Would I be happy with this result?, Yep! Will it happen, probably not. 3 Leaders a year, right? Prime, Megatron, and Jetfire all in 3 months. Then almost a year n a half wait for SS??. Does the 3 Leaders a year still apply? including repaints? who knows.

20. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

for me Leader Starscream and HA Barricade are my most anticipated figures and we still haven't seen pictures of either. :banghead: :cry 

that's cool that it sounds like he's going to be more accurate though. I hear Prime is practically a masterpiece, so I'm hoping Starscream gets the same treatment.