539 MP Theatre

Discussion in 'Transformers Funnies' started by Agent 539, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Ysbal

Ysbal Kre-o hoarder

News Credits:
    :lol  Always with the groaners, eh Bluestreak?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Agent 539

Agent 539 Blackrock Gas Attendant TFW2005 Supporter

He treats it like a full time job.

3. Agent 539

4. Ysbal

Ysbal Kre-o hoarder

News Credits:
    :popcorn  Cool. The silence adds some heaviness to it.

5. Agent 539

Thanks. I thought about making it a mini comic but I realized I haven't done a raw action scene in some time.

6. Agent 539

29 MP Stage Hands

[​IMG]

[​IMG]Spike: Grapple. Grapple, are you in here?

[​IMG]Grapple: Yes Spike, did you need something?
    Wheeljack: I can’t believe he’s about to ask you this.
    Spike: C’mon Wheeljack. What are you building outside the Ark Grapple?

[​IMG]Grapple: I’m building a facade to hide Autobot assets from the Decepticons. Just like Hound’s holographic rocket base but this one will be permanent.

[​IMG]Spike: Can you show me how you put it all together?
    Wheeljack: Probably with the help of the Constructicons.
    Grapple: At least my solar power tower was built Wheeljack. Maybe they can help make one of your inventions work.
    Wheeljack: I have other things to do. Spike, if you want to go with the master builder, be my guest.
    Road Rage: There you are you crackpot! I told you Buster that nobody calls me a broad! My crankcase is beyond heated!

[​IMG]Wheeljack: On second thought, let’s go. Grapple’s construction site will be safer than staying in here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]Spike: What’s that weird looking clear stuff?

[​IMG]Grapple: That’s the waterfall Spike. Inferno’s pouring the last of it now.
    Spike: Yeah, but how is he doing it?

[​IMG]Inferno: It’s simple Spike. I’m using a crystal clear caulk laid out on wax paper. Once Grapple measured the length needed for the waterfall, I poured a few inches/cm more than I need and will cut as needed to connect the upper level of water to the lower. Then I'll feather it out in one direction using a toothpick or a plastic fork to have the waterfall flow in one direction. I’ll give it a little time to set but you’d want to remove it from the wax paper will it’s still tacky.
    Red Alert: Once it fully cures, it’ll be next to impossible to remove it from the wax paper so timing is everything.

[​IMG]Spike: Why do you have those rocks Beachcomber?
    Beachcomber: Strictly decoration Spike. I can use rocks or basically anything for added detail or to cover up any blemishes.
    Spike: Like those holes in the background?
    Grapple: Exactly. Landscaping details can cover any defects and using a clear Elmer’s glue can help them stick to display.

[​IMG]Spike: So the glue can keep things like fake turf and rocks down? What about trees and cacti?

[​IMG]Grapple: Pretty much anything Spike. It really depends on what you want your display to look like.

[​IMG]Wheeljack: This ground looks interesting master builder. Looks like you used a based paint and then dry brushed the ground to add secondary colors. You must have dabbed off a lot of paint off your brush before you dry brushed the ground.

[​IMG]Grapple: Come across the river Spike. I want to show you something.
    Spike: You sure I won’t get wet?
    Grapple: Nonsense Spike, there’s no water in it at the moment.

[​IMG]Spike: I can see you did the same thing for this mountain side as you did for the ground.
    Grapple: And if I want to decorate the river bed with vines or something, I colored the banks first to provide a background for that.
    Spike: So I assume that you cut the path of the river to suit your needs?
    Grapple: Yes, what’s underneath us if insulation foam. It’s the cheapest material and comes in large quantities. I used a foam cutting knife to cut the foam to the shapes I needed and carve the river and lake.

[​IMG]Inferno: Looks like we’re all done here guys. Just be sure to remove the waterfall before it totally cures.
    Wheeljack: Hopefully you won’t come back to find Grapple stuck in his own creation.
    Red Alert: Maybe you should get out more. You’d be less cranky.
    Wheeljack: Vector Sigma! Everybody’s a critic!

[​IMG]Grapple: Speaking of waterfalls, did you want to see where I’m going to attach it?
    Spike: Oh boy, really? Where is it going to go?

[​IMG]
    Grapple: Hop in. Bumblebee will show you more up top.

[​IMG]
    Bumblebee: Come on up Spike. I’m almost done with my final calculations for the placement of the waterfall.

[​IMG]
    Bumblebee: You see here at the edge, I’m going to connect the waterfall by using caulk as a gluing agent. Then once we cut to the proper length, we’ll use caulk to stick it to the base of the river. Afterwards, we’ll dry brush certain parts of the waterfall with white to simulate a down flowing motion.
    Spike: Is this the water that Grapple was talking about?
    Bumblebee: Sure is. Want to step on it?
    Spike: You’re being serious? I’m going to get wet.
    Bumblebee: Not with this stuff. Go on, try it.
    Spike: It’s looks like water but it’s hard. What is this stuff?

[​IMG]
    Grapple: The stuff is called Realistic Water. A compound that needs to be poured a 1/8in/.3175cm at a time to cure. Then apply multiple layers of the same depth until the desired level of river or lake is achieved.
    Wheeljack: Doesn’t seem like much comes in that bottle.
    Grapple: There are other compounds out there besides this one. For the lower river and lake bed, I plan to use a compound called Enviro-Tex Lite. It’s a two-part solution that needs to poured in equal parts into a cheap container, from the Dollar Store or akin to it, and mixed for about seven minutes before being poured into the actual river or lake. Then the process is repeated until the desired level is reached.
    Wheeljack: What if you have a river that reaches from one side of the display to the other?
    Grapple: I’m glad you asked. In the case of a free-flowing river, caulk would be applied around the edges of the display and then painters tape put on to block the flow of the water compound. Then about 8 hours later, it should be solid enough to remove the tape. Of course, it also helps to paint the area where the water is going a color that resembles the water around one’s local. Normally, a greenish-brown covers it. You can also add water effects by dabbing a little crystal clear caulk on the surface of the water to simulate a ripple effect. The actual Water Effect compound also works but has a longer drying time.

[​IMG]
    Grapple: Once you’re done up there, why don’t you meet me on the backside so I can show you how I put it together.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Spike: Hey Ironhide, what are you doing back here?
    Ironhide: Hello Spike, here for the ten cent tour?
    Spike: What are you looking for?
    Ironhide: I’m making final inspections on the support material for this display.

[​IMG]
    Grapple: You see that the foam has been cut into various beams of support. Ironhide here has been in charge of making it all stick together.
    Ironhide: By using craft glue, duct tape and 1 1/4in/3.175cm nails to make sure the tape sticks to the foam board; a real solid foundation is created.

[​IMG]
    Spike: I see what you did here. You cut the foam piece to stick to the backside and the top of the board. Then by using glue and duct tape to secure it, you pushed nails in to lock the tape in place just in case it lifts up.

[​IMG]
    Ironhide: Exactly. It just depends on how high and how far you want your wall to extend out. Once the initial framework is created, a screen door metal mesh crumbled up will give the basic skeleton for your rocky cliff wall. Then to secure it in place, I drove nails in certain locations to keep the mesh in place.

[​IMG]
    Grapple: Using a half glue/half water mixture, you would dip the material Earthlings call toilet paper in the mixture and layer it over the mesh. A couple layers is suggested as the toilet paper will dry and harden. Another material you can use is Paper Mache but I’ve chosen toilet paper since the material is lightweight and cheap.

[​IMG]
    Wheeljack: Ingenious. You used 2inch/5.08cm thick insulation foam board 8ft x 4ft/2.43m x 1.21m and cut it up to create the type of display you wanted.

[​IMG]
    Wheeljack: I gotta hand it to you Grapple. You certainly know what you’re doing. You truly are a master builder.
    Grapple: Thank you Wheeljack. Most of this wouldn’t have been possible without your adhesive compound.
    Wheeljack: No wonder that stuff looked familiar.
    Spike: Thanks for the walkthrough Grapple. It sure was neat.
    Grapple: You’re welcome Spike. I’m always glad to show off my masterpieces.
    Ironhide: Now that you two have kissed and made up, how about you stop calling Road Rage a broad and maybe more of your inventions will be given a chance to work.
    Wheeljack: Vector Sigma!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ysbal

Ysbal Kre-o hoarder

News Credits:
    Fascinating. And cool. So it this going to be a new background piece for the comic?

8. UltimateOptimus

UltimateOptimus Long-time Hungarian Truck

Ah, the fruit of hours - possibly even days and weeks - of work put into creating the ultimate Autobot base-hiding landscape disguises so lifelike, you would swear even a Man in Black would need help with finding the Ark when it's all hidden under the picturesque guise of a prehistoric nature reserve. Perfect for throwing future Decepticon spooks conenosing in for our heroes' hideout off and sending them down the wrong road.

Just pray to Vector Sigma no Decepticreep "accidentally" rips through the scenery.

And yes, nothin' like a quick metal-mashing Instant Action duel between Prime and Megatron to get that ol' fuel pump up 'n runnin'. Now that is well-wasted quality time.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017