52: Week Fifteen [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Vangelus, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The cover of this issue has been nagging at me for some time.

I thought I'd flip through it in the shop to see what the swerve was, given the cover.

:cry 

YOU'RE DEAD TO ME, DC. DEAD. :(  I hope some kind of brutal deus ex machina fixes Beetle, Booster, and Elongated Man, because it's getting downright depressing to look into the happenings of this universe, right now.

2. Optimus_Prime84

Optimus_Prime84 Well-Known Member

how did Booster died? what explosion?

3. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    He lifted up a nuclear submarine into the sky and it exploded.

RIP Booster Gold. What happens to Skeets now?

4. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To clarify, Booster's -head- got roasted down to the skull. Apparently his suit protected the rest of his body (WHAT?!! :mad ).

5. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good. I was happy. Hated Booster Gold and Blue Beetle. But we'll have to see if this sticks....

6. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    T_T That's really depressing..the new Beetle and Booster was just starting to come around. I can live without Elongated Man, but those other two going makes me sad.

7. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sad to see Booster go out like this with the whole city hating him, well except that 2%. :( 

8. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    Source: Newsarama

9. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    I dunno, I kinda felt it was a bit forced and more of a set up for bigger things to come. Can't Supernove be an earlier/later version of Boooster since Morrison has a thing for Hypertime or whatever time-traveling thingamajig material?

10. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Why does DC hate the Giffen/DeMatteis JLA so much? :( 

Ice, Blue Beetle, Max Lord, now Booster Gold. I wonder who's next, Guy Gardner or Fire?

(actually, I don't think this is going to stick. Booster's a freaking time traveler for heaven's sake. I'm willing to bet Ghost Prime's entire TF collection that Booster will be back in action before 52 ends)

Edit: Okay, I've finally gotten a chance to read my copy, and I have this to add: I wil be very, very surprised if Supernova isn't Booster Gold.

11. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

You forgot Rocket Red (offed in OMAC PROJECT).

12. Jetfireinthesky

Jetfireinthesky Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is it possible that Supernova is a Superman robot? Supernova and Clark Kent seemed a little too chummy.

13. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was thinking Supernova was a Superman robot too. Clark seemed to know Supernova too well for it to be Booster. He was shocked to see Booster do what he did. Hopefully Booster's gone.

I'm probably the minority, but I hated the Giffen era JLA. If Guy died, I'd be a lot happier. I like the powerhouse team that JLA should be.

14. Switchblade

News Credits:
    He was JLE, but you do have a point. The JLE's been getting kind of trashed lately, too. Red Rocket died, Elongated Man's wife was murdered and now he seems to be going a bit nuts, Wally West has vanished, Captain Atom was until recently banished to the Wildstorm universe so John Byrne could do a reboot of him as Breach, and Wonder Woman had the image of her murdering Max Lord broadcast across the world and her book is running really late.

Of course, at the same time Power Girl's star is on the rise at DC, and Animal Man got to hang out on a paradise planet with a naked Starfire.

But really, why the Giffen-era hate? Giffen's Justice League was highly entertaining and hugely popular. Why don't they ever torture the characters from the crappy post-Giffen years, like Icemaiden or Yazz? Or the characters from Justice League Taskforce or Extreme Justice? Actually, most of the characters from Extreme Justice are dead, and the main character from JLTF was J'onn J'onzz, so he's kind of immune to punishment. But still...

15. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

guys need to stop being such drama queens over funnybooks. even Giffen has said they don't hate that era, which is why they brought it back TWICE.

16. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Kent and Supernova met in an earlier issue of 52, and Kent did an interveiw.

17. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm throwing my hat into the ring and agree that Supernova is most likely a Booster Gold from the future. With all of the time crap left all wonky after the latest Crisis, and that the missing Rip Hunter seemingly blames Booster for the current bach of time problems, I can see Booster offing his alter ego in order to move on and be taken more seriously.

After all Blue Beetle died cause no one would take him seriously and left him to do his own investigations. Booster was affected by that. I was a bit put off that after everything they put his character through, that he'd revert back to type for 52. Nobody can be that shallow.

18. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

K I'm going to put this out there, so when it comes to pass I can say "Told you so!" :) 
    Booster knew the sub would explode, and what better way to change public view of him, than to die a hero! So booster cooks up this plan to switch himself with a clone/john doe of the similar build. He makes the switch a second before the explosion and viola! Instant hero martyrdom. But I bet Booster screwed it up some how. But isnt it a little to perfect, that 1) He was irradiated so they cant do any tests on him do to health concerns and 2) His face was melted off. A little too perfect and exit if you ask me.

19. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

Rocket Red was JLE, but he was part of JLI before they split it into JLA and JLE.

Also, John Byrne didn't have a thing to do with Breach. That was Bob Harras, if I'm not mistaken.

And Captain Atom getting temporarily banished to the Wildstorm universe was useful in rebooting it since they needed a new sense of direction. But now he's part of the government after he came back in INFINITE CRISIS/BATTLE FOR BLUDHAVEN.

20. Switchblade

News Credits:
    *looks up Breach on Wikipedia

I'll be damned, you're right. I could have sworn it was Byrne.