52 Week 1 *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Gears, May 10, 2006.

1. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This was a pretty good issue. I really felt bad for Ralph Dibney and his depression, but the message about his wife's grave is really intriguing. I like seeing Steel in action again, but the last time I saw him in the Superman comics wasn't he sick and couldn't wear his armor anymore? They really portray Booster Gold as being annoying and arrogant, and when he feigns crying about Superboy's death I was annoyed by this, especially considering that he lost a very close friend recently in Blue Beetle that was related to the crises. Black Adam's appearance was pretty cool, but damn, how many limbs does he need to rip off of people? Booster's antics at the end of the issue when his future doesn't come to pass as Skeets predicted was kind of funny, but sad at the same time. I can't wait to see more of the Question in action. Also acording to DC one of the six main characters in this issue will die during the series. I have a feeling it might be Steel. :( 

P.S. Did anyone notice that the colors were printed slightly missaligned in the middle pages of the book? Or was that just my issue?

2. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Colors were fine with me. Occasionally I get a comic like that or with a ink spot discoloration or faded lettering.

I thought the issue was a good start. I'm more curious as to how this will play out over the year. How much it will decrease in value and relevancy. Also how much will be revealed by other titles already one year ahead.

3. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

Good start for the series. I liked the way it was setup and if it keeps being cool I'll keep buying.

4. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i wasnt gonna get this, but when i got to the store, i just sorta had to...good story, i like the setup for it, and i guess ill have to figure out someway to afford the extra 2.50 each week for the next 51 weeks....i loved how boosters 'future' didnt happen, its cool to see that the world and future of the dc universe has changed....and im curious to see whats gonna happen with the other characters...not that i care about steel one bit....but hey, its still fun

oh yeah, did anyone else notice nightwing in the groupshot of the heroes...that a big flub since hes gone with bruce and tim....

5. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    Well, after reading this issue all I can say is. Fuck you DC. You just made $204 off me. :( 

PS Huzzah for the Question. Hope they play him like the JLU one.

6. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

I will get this just because of the inclusion of the question. I too hope he is played like the jlu version which rocks!

7. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Not if it's Jason....