(52) Supernova Revealed. *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by DevilzFan, Jan 17, 2007.

1. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Okay, so the newest issue of 52 revealed the identity of Supernova. It was a shock to no one.

Yes, it's Booster. Faked his death to get "off of Skeets radar".

Bleh. And the series started out so good too. Then went to hell in the early 20's.

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    So happy to see I was right and Booster's fine. Good to see Buddy's still alive, too.

And I, for one, still really like 52. It slowed down for a bit towards the middle, but the last few issues have been really good. Still love the Rain of the Supermen.

3. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I'm disappointed.....but it could have been worse at least he didn't return because superboy prime punched a wall

4. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    I'm looking forward to finding out why Skeets turned evil, and if The Question survives or not.

Switchblade is right, it did get boring a bit during the middle, im enjoying it again though!

5. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yaaaay!

Most predictable of all the outcomes, but yaaaay!

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anybody figure out what the hidden secret code in Dan Didio's last page is?

Edit: Someone on the DC boards figured it out. Take the first letter of every third word, staring with the first:

...Thesecretoffiftytwoisthatthemultiversestillexists

7. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

The girl who worked at my comic store was shocked. And pissed. She really hates Booster Gold.

And I too have more or less stopped caring about 52. I've missed like five issues between this week's and the last time I read, and things have moved so slowly I feel like I haven't missed much of anything.

Also annoyed that one of the selling points of this eries is that "the DCU is still cool without the Big Three," and yet we've gotten an issue that focuses on both Supes and Bats, with WW on the way. Batman's appearance was really pointless too, as we know he changes his mind by the end of the year.

Of course, despite all this, I'm still probably gonna read most of this till the end. Still really curious to see how things play out.

8. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

THEY'RE KILLING THE QUESTION!

Someone has to pay.

9. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm sure Super-Boy will be along at some point to punch reality back into shape.

10. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

He won't, thanks to retarded legal wranglings.

11. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hurrah!

12. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

Hell I don't even read DC comics regularly and I knew it was Booster.

13. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    man, im so pissed...supernova shoulda been wally or anyone else...fuck this stupid booster gold crap. i hate that guy. i was really stoked on supernova, and was really wanting his dc direct figure, but now that its been revealed, ill leave it on the shelf at my store for someone else to buy...dammit to hell this sucks....

14. Liokaiser_bf

Liokaiser_bf Kaiju-bot

Well with Blue Beetle popping up again in Manhunter (heck he's on the bloody dang cover) I see it being okay. I did kinda expect it though. So they'll let Booster mope about all of his team members being dead and all thats left is a pair of giant asteriods with a chick attached.

Still if you looked at the Preview that was posted, (which that needed A SPOILER WARNING! for some) a ton of folk knew it already. I'm just stunned on the big change done to one cover, the Lex staring out window, I recall seeing a huge explosion happening before then it was changed to those heros falling to their doom.

15. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed, hate Booster Gold. Sorry to those I offend, but I wanted it to be anyone but him, but I knew it would be Booster.....

16. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

lame

17. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    He will, they'll just call him something else. Same with regular Superboy.

18. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Won't be picking this issue up until Saturday, but couldn't resist reading the spoilers. Reactions...

(1) Supernova - Lame. The 'future/alternate Booster' explanation was getting the most buzz and the most likely, but I was honestly hoping DC wasn't going to go in such an obvious direction. I was hoping for a "no way, I never would have imagined Supernova was him!" moment when the identity was revealed; this is just...meh. Not that I really hate Booster or anything, I just never found him that interesting as a character.

(2) Animal Man - No one stays dead in comics, but that was fast. Yet another character I never connected with much (the entire 'Lost In Space' sub-cast hasn't appealed to me much throughout 52's run), so can't say I'm that enthused about his fate one way or the other.

(3) Secret of 52 - Figured it out a long time ago. There were some hints in Justice League and a lot of blatant clues were revealed in "Revenge of the Green Lanterns", plus the dialogue changes in the Infinite Crisis collection. Besides, I figured "E" is both the first letter of "Earth" and the fifth letter of the alphabet, so "52" = "5-2" = "E-2" = "Earth-2" = Multiverse. I'm not enthused about the idea, but hopefully some good stories will come out of the concept this time

19. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    So long as the JSA isn't forced to move back to Earth-2, I'm happy. i like having the JSA around the rest of the DCU.

20. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i read the issue at work yesterday and it just didnt do crap for me. oh well. ill still finish it, cuz i wanna know what happens to the question. ive really started to like him during this book. and im curious if we see anymore batwoman stuff too....