52...ongoing and stuff...

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Lumpy, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    ok, so i just read week 31 and wanted to talk about it....anyone still reading this...and any guess as to who supernova is? i know there was a thread about it, but it seems dead. i still dont have a clue, but this week gave us a bunch of extra hints. not that they make any sense to me. and whats going on with the shapeshifter guy...im curious to see where all this is headed...especially with ralph. that dude has had his life turned into a huge mess....

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You're a week behind. 32 came out today. I think Supernova is Booster from the future.

3. Lumpy

News Credits:
    yeah, i havent picked up todays issue...ill get it tommorrow when i go to work...

4. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

SuperNova is Batman. Thats my prediction anyway, Im probably wrong. At one time, I thought it was lex luthor, then I thought it was clark..

So. I'm hoping Im right with Batman.

52 has in my opinion been pretty damn good. Well... Its been more good then Bad.

5. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Batman is in a desert doing shit with the ten eyed weirdoes.

It aint batman.

6. Lumpy

News Credits:
    i proposed it being jason todd eons ago...maybe its somehow him...with superboys spirit inside of him...

7. McBradders

Whatever you're smoking, I want some.

8. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I still think it's Booster.

And at this point, Ralph Dibny's storyline is the one that interests me most. Steel is starting to not suck, though.

I'm very curious to see how World War 3 will come about.

9. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Didn't keep up with it mostly for wallet's sake, but I try to see scanned excerpts where I can. :D  Waiting for a TPB or summat.

I have no idea who Supernova is, though Future Booster's the theory I like the most.

10. McBradders

I'm pissed with what they are doing to the Question. What a GIP!

11. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

We shall see. remember. supernova was in the batcave.

and if I'm wrong, no skin off my back.

12. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

did anyone read the thing they do with the editor last week? They implied supernova could be more then one person. So that got me thinking, what happened to booster's relative from the present? And could it be booster and his relative are both supernova? I know it's bit out there and all but given some of the things going on in this book almost anything is possible.

13. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Future Booster" seems a little too obvious for Supernova and I'm not sure how that lines up with "Superman being out of the picture...key". Some of the speculation I've seen for Supernova's identity:

- He's a Superman robot with an embedded Phantom Zone projector, explaining the teleportation. But Supernova seems to have too much personality to be a robot.
    - He's the Eradicator. The Eradicator was a 'device' and might be more comfortable without Superman around, but his powers don't seem to fit.

My completely off-the-wall speculation: Supernova is Ray Palmer. He's experienced (noted by Clark Kent) and he knows Ralph Dibny (Supernova and Ralph were, not exactly chummy, but spoke like they had previous long-standing knowledge of each other). The powers could theoretically be explained by Palmer's white dwarf star matter shrinking lens. As the Atom, Ray could adjust his mass/density to allow him to glide on air currents (taking that from the Atom's wikipedia article), so that would explain the flight power...and the 'white dwarf star matter' could explain the light Supernova emits. As for Supernova's teleportation abilities, when the Atom shrinks down, he's been shown to be able to ride light or electron streams. Suppose Ray Palmer found a way to remove the original (explosive) side effect of the lens; he could send out a flash of light, shrink himself and other people down, ride the photons to another location and re-enlarge. Supernova's "disintegration" power could be explained by just using the lens to shrink something down to a subatomic level. In addition, Ray Palmer is still missing-in-action One Year Later. I know this theory probably has a lot of holes though (why did Superman need to be out of the picture, why the Luthor fixation, etc), but just speculation.

14. Lumpy

News Credits:
    thats a good possibility...but i dunno. i wonder when we will find out...my guess is issue 47....and isnt ray palmer in the all new atom? i havent read it in a few months, but im pretty sure he was in at least one issue, kinda seeming like a badguy...talking about the new atom stealing his work...maybe i should flip through those while im at work tonight...

and twin twist..im not smoking, its just a random side effect of being me

15. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    I kinda missed like 4-8 issues, but I did pick up issue #31. I like Ralph's quest, Supernova's mysterious identity, but I'm not too keen on the Question being ill and out of action.

Though, looking at the previews, I'm defnitely going to look forward to the return of blood thirsty Black Adam.:D