50 BBs

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Apoclatron5675, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Apoclatron5675

Apoclatron5675 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    went to one of three of my local walmarts today and was amazed to see a huge DOTM section with the deluxe section being 5ft long from top to bottom of the shelf but while looking for an unclipped crankcase which i found none from out of 15 to 20 i found about 50 deluxe Bumblebees which i find ridiculous. does anyone else have this problem at any of there stores and have any other opinions about this because i think 50 in a 5 by 6 ft section with about 7 in each row of deluxes is kinda overkill

2. VenomKing

VenomKing Well-Known Member

Fuck BB

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Either you made this up or that store fucked up it's order big time. Do you know how many cases they'd have to buy and put out to get 50 Bumblebee figures on the same day right after release?

Don't hate on Beast Wars II.

4. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

i feel like hiding all of them in every store i find. then the next guy who asks me, i'd tell them its the next scalper toy craze.

5. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    25?

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Exactly.

7. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    I think the OP should come back with pics. I mean, it's not that I don't believe him (not that I'd care in the least bit if this was faux), but moreso that something as zany as this deserves to survive the test of time.

8. silverstreak70

silverstreak70 Well-Known Member

I haven't looked at the case breakdown, but if there are 2-3 BB's in each case and they have had to restock once or twice, or even if it was just the initial set, wouldn't be that hard to see that many. Hasbro is constantly throwing 'Bee in our face because he is the face of Transformers for the brand as far as the little kids go. Therefore, he is going to get more distrobution per case so that Mom and Dad will pick up the "new" 'Bee for the little one.

9. Apoclatron5675

News Credits:
    it was a really big section for all the DOTM (about a whole side of normal aisle) and they must have messed up or this is a major shelfwarmer but it looked like they just stocked some more because the whole section was on the edge of the shelves and pegs

10. VenomKing

VenomKing Well-Known Member

No way! BW2/Neo has some of my favorite figures!

11. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I once went to a Wal*mart that had 120+ units of Armada Unicron.

12. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    50....I dunno..

But I will say that I have seen some MASSIVE displays at a few stores, Mainly walmart.

The woodhaven walmart for example, has One entire endcap, clieling to top of shelf, with deluxes,about 6-8 deep. Then there is a section in the main aisle where they usually are, that must be 6 pegs wide, by 6 pegs high. Then there is a dual endcap with one side voyagers and STACKS of deluxes on top...and on the other side of THAT is cyberverse, and walmart moon primes, and MORE deluxes on top of that side. and then on the endcap of the dual display...YUP deluxes.

If I were to guess..and NOT try to exagerate..I would say there had to be 200+ deluxes at this one store, and im not even TRYING to do any math about it.

The display was simply amazing to see THAT many TF toys. The last time I seen such a massive display for a single line of toys was.. shit.. somethin like this..

[​IMG]
    By tadave79 at 2011-06-02

Alot of the stores here in metro detroit area have a decnt amount of stuff...Target, and meijer, and even TRU are actually selling and putting NEW product up on the pegs.

NOT the walmarts...Any of the walamrts I go into around here are ALL wave 1 stuff, with a few cyberverse commander wave 2s. I have a feeling Walmart did it again...They wont restock with new product for months.

13. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    One time, I went to Walmart and saw almost that many Tuner Mudflaps.

...oh wait, that was this Monday.

14. Apoclatron5675

News Credits:
    know the feeling that was me on May 16th hoping for DOTM stuff but no it was tuner mudflaps and tuner skids

15. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Were they all the first wave Bumblebee or were there Nitro Bumblebees mixed in?

Either way, they'll sell better overall than Crankcase. Dollar says Crankcase shelfwarms.

16. Apoclatron5675

News Credits:
    they were the first wave BBs no sign of wave 3 in my area yet because i had went to check for laserbeak anyone know when walmart usually stocks

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Just to clarify, I'm not doubting 50 BBs could exist on one shelf, (though very unlikely) however the line has not even been out for a month now (they would need to put out more than one case a day AND all the other casemates would need to sell instantly to make room and to support his story) and Bumblebee of all characters would not shelfwarm to that extent so soon.

18. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Well, he is shipping 3 to a case. With one of everybody else.

Wave 3 sees 3 Nitro Bee's to a case. I hope all the kids out there *REALLY* love Bumblebee.

19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Ah Hasbro's love of hero overkill. Considering how many Wolverine, Iron Man, or Spiderman toys you had to shift threw to find that one figure you were looking for that wasn't Wolverine, Iron Man, or Spiderman I can almost picture that many Bumblebee figures at once in a store.

20. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still see this with Tuner Skids. A sea of bright green little hatchbacks on the pegs on clearance STILL for $7.