$5 off Target coupon no longer accepted

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Big Filipino, Jul 1, 2008.

1. col

col Artobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dang, I barely was able to use two coupons last night, and then they didn't work this morning. Figures. At least I managed to get a few Animated with those coupons. Funny thing is, they're going to start losing my business to Walmart now I that I have no reason to specifically shop for my TFs at Target.

2. Iron Spider-Man

Iron Spider-Man Banned

News Credits:
    I used the coupon yesterday without any issues. Obviously its like everything else and the information needs time to trickle down to all the stores. Its not going to stop me from trying to use it in the future, if Target didn't want the coupon out, they shouldn't have provided what amounts to direct access to it.

3. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah they posted that warning today at the Target I went to. I remember losing my coupon to them on Sunday because I wrote the DPCI number on the back and gave it to someone at the front desk and they never returned it. I hope it's not my fault they started this...

4. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Target has issued a press release regarding the coupon.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/080702/20080702005489.html?.v=1

5. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

6. col

col Artobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    BAH! They couldn't wait one more week before voiding them?!?

7. misterbinky

misterbinky Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That sucks. At least the people who got the coupons through normal channels get a gift card for their troubles. That's actually better as there aren't any restrictions on gift cards.

8. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Why should they wait another week? So people can commit more fraud? Just because Target can't catch people doesn't mean it isn't fraud. And the original recipients of those coupons are getting gift cards so the people who can actually use those coupons are not out anything.

9. col

col Artobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I never said it wasn't fraud, I just wish they'd waited another week so I could squeeze in a few more TF purchases with the coupon while the sale was going on at the same time. :wink: 

10. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You've got to give props to Target. At 85,000 customers you figure maybe a quarter of them'll to half will get around to using the coupons. That's $212,500 max. With the $5 giftcard they're sending out it'll cost them $425,000. That means whatever scam people were doing really made them notice and they've probably lost more then $1 million on this venture.

As for me. I loved the fact that I got to use the coupons and I still love Target. When's the last time Walmart had a sale on formers or TRU had one with a decent selection (not complaining about markup since it's their business model).

11. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Easy come, easy go.

It does suck that some people have to screw it up for everyone.

I still don't think that anyone using the coupons the way they were intended committed fraud, whether you were one of the 85,000 recipients or not. Nowhere did I read anything about the coupon being limited in regards to who could use one. Nor did it say you could only use one. Just one per transaction.

12. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Sent to customers via email? I seem to recall the coupon being on their own damn website! On a page that did not require inputting any kind of information or code to reach. Some idiot might have tried changing the coupon, but the fact is, they royally fucked up on the initial plan. Hell, this is the first time I ever heard anything about them sending emails to people about this coupon.

13. Iron Spider-Man

Iron Spider-Man Banned

News Credits:
    Exactly.

It was available right here: http://sites.target.com/site/en/spot/page.jsp?title=birthday_coupon_toys

But they pulled it from there about May-ish, or maybe even April. But the "damage" had been done. Seriously though, the editing was awful, but if people who were using it on over $25 worth of Toys, legitimately, didn't get it in their e-mail... well... that's Target's fault for making it so accessible. But not fraud.

14. brianstowell

brianstowell Awesomebot

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

15. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well I hope Target will make sure that this will not happen again.

16. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed

News Credits:
    I was actually surprised that the coupon had such a long shelf life. April til October. As much as I like Target when they have these coupons, TRU seems to have a better system with their coupons. One per computer, it must be printed out then and there and there's a unique UPC on the coupon.

Oh well.