5 figures from a complete beast wars...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Lumpy, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    and now im thinking about selling some of them.

i was a completionist, but have been changing my ways. i still like having one of each mold, preferably in show colors (if on the show) but im just looking at my BW and seeing duplicates (fox kids recolors, mostly) and just wondering if they really are that necessary to keep around. now, not everything is original, i have 10th anniversary figures taking place of originals for tarantulas, primal and megs from the 2 pack, and one or two japanese versions standing in as well, which im fine with. i just dont know what to do. i love BW its my favorite....but do i really need all these extras? i know that most of them wont be worth much, but it'd still clear out a little space. i just dont know....what do you think?

btw, if anyone cares, im missing airazor (original), retrax, transmetal cheetor, fox kids transmetal airazor, and walmart transmetal rattrap (aka packrat). if i decide to not keep going, i'll still need rattrap retrax and cheetor.....

2. optimus_prime_rules_007

optimus_prime_rules_007 Banned

Dude, I can't stand 99% of the Beast wars toys, but I say complete your collection, even I think someone having every BW figure would be cool.

3. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

I've just recently begun pulling out all my BW figures to display again because I just love the guys, but even I'll admit that some of them aren't that necessary if you really want a complete, complete collection I'd say finish it off and keep all you want, but if you just want to have a complete collection in the sense that you have one each of every new mold or new character then purging some of those unneccessary repaints is a good idea.

A few years back I had more toys then I do now; I had a wierd idea about kitbashing some of them and so had duplicates of Bantor and Airhammer as well as possessing the packaging variants of TM2 Prowl and TM2 Dinobot, I also had the original and Fox Kids repaints of both Rattrap and Airazor TMs. I decided to purge most all of those because the BW collection wasn't the way I wanted it to be anymore, I didn't feel the need to have all those figures. So I stuck with what I really liked; sure that proved to be mostly all of them, so only duplication/repaints were sacrificed, but after ridding myself of them I found that I had a much better and satisfying collection in the long run. (Even though I still haven't completed it yet; one of these days I'll have them all though.)

If you're really not sure about those Fox Kids Repaints I'd say take a look at them closely next to their original versions; then ask yourself which color variation you prefer, in my case I prefered original TM Rattrap to his FK version and the FK version of TM Airazor compared to her original because the colors just looked smoother and cooler. I did the same thing with packaging variants and kept the Cream & Blue version of TM2 Dinobot instead of his original Off-White Darker Blue paint scheme. Identically I chose to keep the black version of Prowl instead of the white version because I found it more appealing, plus he looks a little more like a G1 update as the Black version opposed to the white version. (Plus the vac metal paint was flaking something fierce on White Prowl so yeah that might have been a huge factor.)

Of course on the flip side of that I liked both incarnations of TM Waspinator so I kept them both; the Fox Kids version servicing as a TM Buzzsaw. If I had him I'd keep that Fox Kids TM Tarantulas too because the darker color scheme really makes him look zombieish and ressurected from the dead, hopefully one day I'll claim it for my own collection too. If you were to ask me on the other Fox Kids versions; well the 10TH A versions are worlds better in most cases, maybe I'll trade off my Fox Kids Rhinox one of these days if I feel like it, but that's beside the point. The rest of the Fox Kids Organics are really hit and miss; if you have a particular fondness for the molds I'd say keep them, but if you find that they lack something when held up against the other I'd say get rid of it because having too many versions of a particular mold can hurt sometimes especially when some of them suffer inferior paint jobs or color combinations.

Do you count Botcon Exclusives in that count? There's something else to consider, although personally if I had all those BW Botcon Exclusives I'd keep'em because I just can't get enough of Exclusive figures and really dig the new characters they represent.

Really it basically comes down to personal preference; if you can look at it and say I can get rid of this no problem and it won't drive me crazy to part with it, or This doesn't excite me near as much as version B/C/D that has a far superior paint job and looks even more show accurate or just plain cooler then you should consider pruning your collection. Of course if you can't get rid of the completist bug when it comes to BW then I'd suggest just keeping it and finishing it off; maybe then you'd have a different perspective and consider parting with some of them, I doubt most of the ones you want are that expensive on the secondary market.

4. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    I'm nearly complete too (and coincidentally, also need an original airrazor.)

Go for it!

5. Lumpy

News Credits:
    yeah. i dont have the exclusives yet, except dirge from 05 (cuz he's my favorite seeker) but i really want that set from last year. and i still need the x9 repaint as tigatron as well, cuz i love that mold....and i think i will be ditching my extra non show repaints. it just makes more sense. of course ill change my mind a dozen times more still, but inevitably its gonna happen. or if i could trade them for the ones i want. thatd be cool. and i do need to see which TM airazor i like more. assuming i dont complete it all...

6. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

yeesh, I feel bad cuz I only have the show figs, and so I've got 2 of the 5 you need. but yeah, I'd say go for the completion. if anything, I'd probably get rid of the fox repaints.

7. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Complete it, m8. I'm planning on it at some point; I'm about 10 short, I think.

8. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Good news, my friend--you were never a completionist! Because there is no such thing:

Captain Grammar saves the day once again!

And for future reference, today's secret word is...

http://m-w.com/dictionary/completist

As for your nigh-complete collection... as an obese cartoon cat once said, "It's not the having, it's the getting."

9. Lumpy

News Credits:
    ha...your grammar rules apply not to me....

completist...BAH...completionist :thumb 

and you know what else? im 5 away from beast machines now too....just need the deployer repaints and the 2 beast rider repaints...those i may never get..though ive started to really want the deployers...

10. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    The deployer repaints aren't that hard to find; for a start they're usually around at Botcon MOSC for a few bucks (I can't remember if you're going or not). Frankly I had more trouble finding the Beast Rider repaints, and a LOT more trouble finding the Deluxe Primal & Jetstorm packaging variants.

11. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Hmm. Complete the entire series, eh? How many figures is that exactly? Just the season 1 show characters is 14, I have them, but wow... couldn't imagine getting everything plus repaints. I have all of NEO (except for Elepha-freaking-orpha) but that's only like 36 figures all together.

That would be pretty impressive to complete the whole thing, i must say. But if you're almost there and are already starting to second guess it, I don't know if it's really worth just plugging away. I would suggest going through them all and keeing just your favourite version or two of each mold, I guess, before adding anything else.

12. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I once had a complete collection of Vehicons - and then sold them all.

It was almost like trying to complete the collection was more fun than actually having a complete collection, if that makes any sense.

13. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I'd love to get all the show Predacons one day. Terrorsaur and Scorponok are proving very elusive to get.

14. Lumpy

News Credits:
    draven, im not going. wish i was, but im getting married a month before, and heading out on my honeymoon, then the weekend after botcon im going to my cousins wedding cuz im his best man. but next year, im gonna try and go....

and boo, congrats on the NEO collection. ive got all of the original molds (except for freaking break. that little penguin is gonna be a grail for me) and the dinobots and i love them. those i will be keeping for quite some time. and i think ive even got most of bw2. i should really make a list of everything....

15. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

BW/BM is when I got back into collecting TFs and takes up a good 1/3 of my collection. I did mine so that I have every character who was on the show, and their various reformattings (I also have the transmetals of the characters who weren't in the show). I'm still missing a few - season 1 BA, Tarantulus, & Terrorsaur. My Wal-Rat is my TM Rattrap and I have T-Wrecks instead of season 1 Megs, Rhinox is the Fox Kids repaint, and season 1 Airrazor is the repaint that came with the VHS. I personally have no desire to hunt down all the various repaints of each character, but IF BW/BM is your favorite line and you are only 5 figures away I say go for it. If BW/BM isn't your favorite line anymore and you are thinking of selling some figures, pick your favorite repaint of each character in each reformatting and sell the rest. Also maybe you just want to stick to show characters or really awesome figures. Airrazor is my personal favorite BW character and I like both her season 1 and TM toys. If you do want to finish off your BW collection I highly recommend both of them. I'm honestly thinking of weeding out some non show characters from my collection too.

16. Scrapper6

List making is a great way to keep your inventory/collection on a handy to find data base and all that jive; me personally I'm nowhere near completing my BW collection, just off the top of my head I'm missing...

Black Arachnia
    Buzzsaw
    Rattrap
    Shadow Panther
    Wolfang
    Polar Claw
    Scorponok
    Nightglider
    Tripredacus Agent
    Fox Kids Tarantulas TM
    Break
    Longrack
    Mach Kick
    Heinlad
    Big Convoy
    Randy
    Sharp Edge
    Survive
    Killer Punch
    Bazooka
    Saberback
    Guiledart
    Dead End
    Hardhead
    Archadis
    Magmatron
    Drancron
    Elphaorca
    Mantis
    Powerhug
    Big Mos
    DJ
    Gimlet
    Motorarm
    Moon
    Diver
    Ikard
    Galvatron
    Gigastorm
    God Neptune
    Dirge
    Thrust
    Starscream & BB
    Thrustol
    Max B
    Dirgegun
    Hellscream
    Megastorm
    BW 10TH A Rattrap
    BW 10TH A Dinobot
    BW 10TH A Optimus Primal
    BW 10TH A Megatron
    BW 10TH A Optimus Primal Vs. Megatron
    European Claw Jaw Video 2-Pack Repaint
    European Spittor Video 2-Pack Repaint

And wishful thinking
    Onyx Primal
    Antagony
    Vicegrip
    Shokaract
    Apelinq
    Sandstorm
    Windrazor
    Packrat & Fractyl
    Tigatron TM
    Arcee
    CatSCAN
    Rook
    Tap-Out
    Double Punch
    Grizzly-1 (Maybe)

BBTS' vintage department could probably help me out with these; if I bloody well had a job, but once I do get hired come springtime for sure I'm going all out to finish off BW and BM, although I have less to get to complete BM thankfully.

17. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I maintain if you invent a word and other people know what you're saying, it's legitimate. Otherwise, we'd still be talking Ye Olde English. :D 

I'm complete save BotCon exclusives. Not rushing those, but I'll get there sooner or later. I understand the thrill of the chase viewpoint, but I love these damn toys and really do want to get them all.

18. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

List making is a very good idea Scrapper6!

My BW/BM collection:
    Op - bat version
    Optimal Op
    S1 (season 1) Op
    TM Op
    BM Op
    Battle Unicorn
    BM Snarl - lion
    Beast Changer (Savage Noble)
    BM Airraptor
    BM Skydive
    BM Triceradon
    BM Striker
    BW Prowl - owl
    Rav
    T-Wrecks - S1 Megs repaint
    Croc Megs
    TM Megs
    TM2 Megs
    BM Megs
    Rhinox - Fox Kids repaint
    TM Rhinox
    Cheetor
    TM Cheetor
    TM2 Cheetor
    BM Cheetor
    Ravage (Japanese version)
    Tigertron
    Tigerhawk
    Airrazor - S1 repaint with VHS
    TM Airrazor
    Rampage
    S1 Wapinator
    TM Waspinator
    TM Tarantulus
    TM Terrorsaur
    Depth Charge
    Quickstrike
    Inferno
    Tankorr
    Tankorr - McDonald's or Burger King toy
    Jetstorm
    Ultra Jetstorm
    Jetstorm - McDonald's or Burger King toy
    Obsidion
    Strika
    BM Blastcharge - who was supposed to be Strika before they made a proper one
    BM Mirage
    BM Thrust
    Dinobot
    TM2 Dinobot
    S1 Rattrap
    Wal- Rat - blue repaint of TM Rattrap
    BM Rattrap
    Rattrap - McDonald's or Burger King toy
    BW Sliverbolt
    BM Sliverbolt
    TM2 Blackarachnia
    BM Blackarachina
    Nightscream
    Cybershark - though I display him as Skybite with my RID toys

On second thought, I like my collection the way it is for now. I don't want to sell anything yet.

19. Lumpy

News Credits:
    oh, thats another thing, im probably gonna ditch my complete RID collection as well, except for scourge and ruination (cuz i also have to have every version of that mold) so that'll help too. cuz i hated that show, and the predacons are all repaints for the most part. i need to go through and see whats worth anything. get rid of cryotek, dreadwing & smokejumper, all the other random as repaints that i dont need or want....i bet i could make enough of RID to get the botcon 5 pack from last year..maybe more..thats a damn good idea....

20. Scrapper6

Ah Cryotek; the most difficult and elusive of the Predacons to track down, if only I had something worthy of trading you for him, but you'd probably only want the bling-bling for new Collecting purposes. :lol 

As for lists of what I have as opposed to what I need... Well ok here it goes...

Beast Wars/Beast Wars II/Beast Wars Neo
    Razorbeast (Loose Incomplete/Missing Weapon/Mane)
    Armordillo (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Snarl (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs)
    Airazor (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions?)
    Claw Jaw (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    C-31 Stampy (Loose Complete/With Box/Instructions)
    Iguanus (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Snapper (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs)
    Insecticon (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions?)
    Terrorsaur (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Lazorbeak (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs)
    Powerpinch (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs)
    Spittor (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs)
    Drill Bit (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs)
    D-31 Sling (Loose Complete/With Box/Instructions)
    Airazor/Video (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Razorclaw/Video (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Airhammer (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Bantor (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Noctorro (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Quickstrike (Loose Complete/With Card Back/Instructions)
    Terragator (Loose Complete/With Card Back/Instructions)
    Buzzclaw (Loose Complete/With Card Back/Instructions)
    Optimus Minor (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Sonar (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Stinkbomb (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Scarem (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Spittor TM2 (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Optimus Primal/Megatron Pack (Loose Complete)
    Cheetor (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Dinobot (Loose Complete)
    Grimlock (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions?)
    Bonecrusher (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Cybershark (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs)
    K-9 (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    C-8 Tigatron (Loose Complete/With Box/Instructions)
    C-19 Tonbot (Loose Complete/With Box/Instructions)
    C-30 Corhada (Loose Complete/With Box/Instructions)
    Manterror (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Jetstorm (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Retrax (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Silverbolt (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Torca (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Cheetor TM (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Rattrap TM (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Injector (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Skyshadow (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Tarantulas TM (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Terrorsaur TM (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Waspinator TM (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Cheetor TM2 (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Ramulus (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Prowl Variant (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Jawbreaker (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Scourge (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Dinobot TM2 Variant (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Iguanus TM2 (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Fox Kids Rhinox (Loose Complete/With Card Back)
    Fox Kids Airazor TM (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Fox Kids Rhinox TM (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Fox Kids Waspinator TM (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Icebird (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Poison Bite (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Razor Claw (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Soundwave (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    B’Boom (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Transquito (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Inferno (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Optimus Primal TM (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Megatron TM (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Scavenger (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Cybershark TM2 (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Black Arachnia TM2 (Loose Complete/With Box/Instructions)
    C-16 Lio Convoy (Loose Complete/With Box/Instructions)
    Megatron (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Magnaboss (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Tripredacus (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Depth Charge (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Rampage (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Tigerhawk (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Megatron TM2 (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Optimal Optimus (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Orcanoch (Loose Complete/With Box/Inserts)
    Arachnid (Loose Complete/With Box/Inserts)

Beast Machines Battle for the Spark
    Buzzsaw (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Gekobot (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Longhorn (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Quickstrike (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Silverbolt (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Hammer Strike (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Battle Unicorn (Loose Complete/With Card Back)
    Rav (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Mol (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Dillo (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Mirage (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Scavenger (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Obsidian (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Tank Drone (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Black Arachnia (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Optimus Primal (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Snarl (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Skydive (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Beast Changer (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Dinobots Airraptor (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Dinobots Dinotron (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Dinobots Striker (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Dinobots Triceradon (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Dinobots Terranotron (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Thrust (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Mechatron (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Rattrap (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Tankor (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Megatron (Loose Complete/With Tech Specs/Instructions)
    Unicron.Com Accessory Pack (Loose Complete/With Bag?)

And there's the following figures I have no interest in getting...
    BWII Apache
    BW II Scissor Boy
    BW II Drillnuts
    BW II Tasmania Kid
    BW II Scuba (If I get that UK Claw Jaw repaint I'm using him as my defacto Claw Jaw and the original as Scuba seeing as how there wasn't a thing changed between the two of them.)
    BW II Flash Lio Convoy
    BW II Black Lio Convoy
    BW II Bighorn
    BW Neo Rockbuster
    BW Neo Bump
    BW Neo Hydrar
    BW Neo Crazybolt
    BW Neo Black Big Convoy (With TF: U Nemesis Prime in my collection what's the point of tracking down this one too?)

Figures I'm undecided on
    BW II Santon
    BW II Skywarp
    BW II Liojunior

Figures I want I forgot about...
    BW Metals Jaguar
    BW 10TH A Takara RM Repaint Optimus Primal
    BW 10TH A Takara RM Repaint Megatron (Since I haven't gotten either of the RM versions yet why not wait and pick up these two instead?)
    I also want the Unicron.Com Golden Disk Accessory for my TM Megatron.

BM Figures...
    Night Viper
    Che
    Nightscream
    Spy Streak
    Stryka
    Blast Punch Optimus Primal
    Primal Prime
    Blue Rav
    Repaint Mechatron (Maybe)
    Motorcycle Drone
    Dinobots Rapticon