5 down, 6 up

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Torque, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    ok, i know that this has been discussed a bit, so i wouldnt be surprised if i get a few :deadhorse:  and :horse: , but i feel that something has been ignored

when the military is viewing their screens, 5 hostiles show up on the Military's sensors. one is killed at the bottom of the ocean, then they revive Megatron, and swim back to the surface, and when doing so, the military now has 6 hostiles on their screens. some say the math doesnt add up.

5-1+1=6???

but this is not necessarily the case! for while 5 blips appeared on the monitor, 6 Decepticons were going to the ocean floor-the Doctor was with them. but why didnt he show up? he was inside Ravage. on the way back up, however, this may not be the case! if he didnt show up on the way down because he was in Ravage, on the way back up, what stops him from showing up on the sensors now?

and for those who say he's too small to show up on radar-well, whoever said it was radar? maybe its a sensor that detects sparks, or detects the metal alloys. all 3 sensors wouldnt be able to detect the Doctor on the way down due to Ravage masking his signature/hiding his physical body, and at least 2 could see him on the way back up. so then the math would be

(5+1)-1+1=6!!!

sorry if this has been mentioned and done to death, but ive been following most of the discussions when this comes up, and i dont remember anyone bringing up this particular point. yes, its probaby just writer's error, or director's error, but there is a rational explanation. felt that needed to be pointed out.

2. gonzo23

gonzo23 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    At the same time why did Josh Duhamels character call them the Arcee twins when there are 3 of them?

3. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Its a movie. It has aliens that itself doesn't add up ;) 

I'm guessing the person who stated the wrong number had simply been drinking.

4. Triceradon

Triceradon In it for the rage

I'm pretty sure it was "Arcee, Twins!" rather than "Arcee Twins!".

5. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    well, it was more "Arcee!" as in refering to the bikes, and "Twins!" referring to Skids and Mudflap-he was telling each group to prepare for battle

EDIT::Triceradon beat me to it

6. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Arcee , twins

7. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think it was just something missed in the rush to finish the film by the dead line.

Perhaps at some point the writers planned to also revive one of the other robots dropped with Megatron or the plan was they would revive him without using parts from a functioning robot but parts from the robots that were sank with him. Thus 5 down and 6 up would have been right.

But somewhere a plan got changed and they just forgot to go back to change the line to 5 down 5 up.

Given the delays due to the strike and an unwillingness to give up the 4th of July spot it's no big shocker that things were either missed in editing or they didn't think they had the time to go back and fix them.

8. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    So its nothing at all like shooting cyber ducks in a barrel?

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Maybe they were couting the Doctor? they were counting Ravage, obviously, and he was carrying the Doctor on the way down, but he never got back in when they went up. Though you'd think he'd be too small to register.

Or it could've just been to build the suspense of Megatron's revival.

And yes, thsi has been discussed amny time before. Has the search function on TFW dissappeared or something?

10. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still thinkt hey were counting the doctor, many material outide of the movie got the exact wording about Ravage deploying our Doc.

11. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    Yup, Micheal Bay and the writers are bad at math, happy?

12. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think they were still counting the robot who got torn appart to add parts to megatron. If they had the contact on the radar, even if the other decepticons were simply dragging his corpse along it would have shown up on the radar as moving with the other 5 contacts. On the radar screen it looks like one contact is way ahead (megatron), and 1 is tailing behind.

That's also assuming that just ripping off it's legs would actually kill 'the little one'

13. Liselotte

Liselotte Revenge is coming... TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    5 down = 4 Ccon, and ravage

6 up = 3 Ccon, ravage, Meg, and Doctor

as for josh's dialogue in the beginning. it was actually "Arcee, Twins target comin' your way." Hence you see Arcee and the Twins chasing Sideways

14. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    They're counting the doctor, who was inside's Ravage's chest before thus unnoticable.

Sonars shouldn't be able to pick up creatures that small normally, if they were set that precise they would probably pick up all the fish in the ocean..but I'm betting the submarine was at least equipped with some extra tech to define a Cybertronian creature, like Sector Seven using rad meters.

In the end, it's probably the lack of knowledge of how sonars work (just like in the first movie, the Laurentian Abyss is NOT the deepest place on the planet), or maybe they thought it would confuse people if they would say 'there's still 5 going up' even though the doctor appeared..

Torque, you answered your own question in your last sentence..we're done with the discussion! :p 

15. cnic

cnic Decepticon

This

16. aeligature

aeligature aka zynordar TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Josh Duhamel was calling to Arcee's breasticles for backup. No big thing, he does that to Fergie too.

17. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    True, but he calls them "lady lumps".

18. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So did anyone else notice the twins are racist?!

;) 

19. Liselotte

Liselotte Revenge is coming... TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    they are soooooo racist i feel soooooooooo offended !!!!!11!!!

20. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

6th=grindor?