4Ever ROTF Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by harrismonkey, Aug 11, 2016.

1. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This looks to be their next release.

They did say the one photographed has been custom painted and is more battle damamged than the release version will be. I assume this means the windows won't be shattered and it won't have bullet holes. But we'll see.

It's retooling of their incredible Prime 2.0.

These are all courtesy of their facebook page (still the best place to get news on them as I don't post anywhere near all of their updates here)

https://www.facebook.com/4everintw/?notif_t=notify_me_page&notif_id=1470729421409610

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BTW, I keep making these threads for 4Ever stuff and have yet to see a news credit. :( 

Staff Edit: We don't do news credits or front page posts for knockoffs and unless I'm mistaken, this is an improved KO of the DMK Prime.

POSTER EDIT: Correct- although the Scorponok, Blackout and Megatron threads I started for their other products are 100% original sculpts. Thanks, good to know. :) 

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2016
  2. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know... with the Oversized Evasion Optimus, I have zero urge to get this.

3. Megatron118

Megatron118 I <3 Linkin Park

This is the version I've been waiting for!!

4. masishadow

masishadow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How do they size up?

5. harrismonkey

News Credits:
    This is dual model kit sized. So it's about old leader class height.

6. masishadow

masishadow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fantastic. I was just looking at buying their scorponok. What is this going to be priced..or what was the original one?

7. harrismonkey

News Credits:
    Not sure. I got mine when they were impossible to get and definitely paid a mark up. Seems like when they were easier to get they might have been around $200. But I'm really not sure on that.

I'm curious if bbts will carry this one. They tend not to carry KO's. They didn't carry the original, but they did carry scorponok. Although technically so many pieces were redone that it isn't exactly a KO.

8. jru42287

jru42287 Where are my testicles, Summer?

News Credits:
    That looks incredible. Anyone know if they're doing a non-battle damaged version?

9. harrismonkey

News Credits:
    That one is custom painted and the release version will be less battle damaged. I don't know exactly what that means, but I strongly suspect it will be like Prime 2.0- mostly glossy and pristine with a little silver paint applied here and there to indicate scraping.

10. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    it scales nicely with MP-10. I'm pretty excited for this as I've always been partial to the pre-DotM design.

It'll likely retail for $300 including shipping.

[​IMG]

11. Megatron118

Worth every penny, too

12. harrismonkey

News Credits:
    I completely agree. Prime 2.0 is the nicest piece I own. Even nicer than 3A's Prime. These things are amazing.

13. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

Ah the good ol days, when alien robots that could change into vehicles looked like alien robots that could change into vehicles.............

14. jru42287

jru42287 Where are my testicles, Summer?

News Credits:
    :lol  Indeed.

15. Megatron118

That's why I cancelled my preorder on 3A Prime. Prime 2.0 is more accurate, and half the price! Sure, it's a little more delicate, but the articulation is all there—you just have to move it with care.

And getting the TF2007/ROTF design is even better! I hope BBTS carries this one and all other future 4Ever products

16. harrismonkey

News Credits:
    I imagine they'll carry the future ones. I'm less sure about this one as they have a policy of not carrying stuff that KO's Has/Tak. No idea if they'll decide this is different enough or not. Should be easy to find on ebay as a worst case though.

17. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Very impressive! Hope they continue making movieverse figures like Megatron (either his ROTF or DOTM designs), Starscream, and Barricade.

18. harrismonkey

News Credits:
    ROTF Megatron is up next. I actually thought they'd get him out before Prime. But they've confirmed Prime is first.

Here's his thread.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/1063162-4ever-rotf-megatron-think-dual-model-kit-style.html?highlight=ROTF+megatron+4ever

They've also anounced Blackout (who has a thread as well), Sentinel and Ironhide. I haven't done threads on the other two yet. Sentinel and Blackout both have substantial computer modeling done, but protos haven't been shown yet. Ironhide has very little info.

Of course their Scorponok is already out (and looks AMAZING- although the articulation is so-so).

The picture below is of a painted 3D print. But they have also begun making molds- but we haven't seen a test shot off the molds yet.

[​IMG]

19. Megatron118

As good as their Megatron is, he needs some work, and I hope they work on improving him. It's only two minor fixes though. His right shoulder isn't bulky enough, while his left shoulder is too bulky. And his face needs revising. But other than that, he's perfect just like Prime.

Hopefully the articulation on Megs and Blackout is just as good as it is on Prime 2.0 here.

I still wish they'd do either DOTM or TF2007 Megs, and Starscream; but when I asked 4Ever, they said they didn't have plans for those two at that time.