4chan POTP leaks

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tenion the Offender, Jan 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deonasis

Deonasis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well Grimlock and Snaptrap do have a similar shaped chest and arms. That is about all i could see them reusing of Grimlock.

Unless the poster simply got confused by someone mentioning reuse of the Grimlock combiner hands and feet.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Not that I disagree, but you give the man too much credit.

This is the guy who pretty much put the kibosh on anything BW during the Anniversary.

• Like Like x 6
  3. TyrantLizardKing

TyrantLizardKing Lord of all Terrible Lizards

Fair point. I do think the fact that they did some BW characters during Thrilling 30 and Takara starting the BW Masterpiece line had some effect on that though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    This is the main reason why I want to see POTP Optimal Optimus do well along with the BM Dinobot set if it ends up being true because it would show someone like Warden that there's more to the franchise then just G1 and that people want to see their respective characters be updated and celebrated again just as much so as the G1 characters. There's going to be a point where the G1 nostalgia train will lose steam so they're going to have to focus on nostalgia for the other TF series starting with Beast Wars.

• Like Like x 3
  5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Not really. If that's the case why would some G1 characters get redos not years afetr their last entry? Also, there's more than just the three BW characters.

• Like Like x 1
  6. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    Didn't some incomplete MLP episodes from their next season and concept art from a new MLP series get leaked on 4chan recently? Not sure what to think on these POTP leaks, but with all the leaks Hasbro has been having as of late, I don't know if I can 100% dismiss them either.

7. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Starry Night Melody

News Credits:
    I think the fact that Optimus Primal won shows them there is more Beast Wars demand then they think. Beast Machines(which I adore) homages are like a step in between. Not quite pure organic beasts, but not quite traditional vehicles either. The Dinobots, Terrorcons, and Predacons themselves are a step in that direction also, and they make up most of the line. They may not be Beast Wars characters, but they are a massive reintroduction of beast formers.

If these rumors are true I will buy the shit out of all the BM Dinobots. It does make sense since we know the Dinobots will have repaints somewhere. However, the one thing that bothers me is “Snapper” being a heavy retool of Grimlock, when the first image we saw of Hun-Gurr has his head covered by a Decepticon insignia because the prototype was using a very Snapttrap-eske head.(Theres no reason to cover it if it was just Hun-Gurr’s head.) Plus the painted prototype of Cutthroat has Wildfly’s had. We know from CW there were a lot of unused heads, but I think if we get Pirhanacon he will be from the Hun-Gurr mold and Monstructor will be the Terrorcon/Dinobot repaint/retool. I’d be okay with these being true though, my love for Beast Machines runs deep.

Yes they did. It’s true anyone can post anything on 4chan, but the chances of it being real are honestly 50-50. Not everybody is out to get internet karma when it comes to leaks, some need to avoid the attention. Legit things are leaked there first from time to time.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  8. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Because those characters made good repaint fodder when it came to using certain molds more than once. Sure instead of another Prowl they could have repainted Deadend with yellow and black spots and called him Cheetor, but it probably wouldn't have been what you're looking for.

Besides, these anniversary celebrations for toys are a bit arbitrary and not terribly important, Hasbro could easily just release some Beast Wars Generations toys during the 33rd or 34th anniversary and they'd be just as welcome by fans.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    A retooled Slug or Snarl into an Ankylosaurus for Slapper would bode well for a Dinoking set down the line.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Keeping an open mind but these seem too predictable IMO

11. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    Hopefully the repaints won't have the clear plastic.

That shit makes me nervous as hell.

• Like Like x 1
  12. dirtweed

dirtweed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know ever sence that Eric Clanton thing happened my ears pirk up when ever I hear about 4chan.
    This list is not all that suprising, we kind of already knew a piranacon was coming out.

13. Latooni

Latooni "HIDOI YO!!!"

Your avatar fits that sentence perfectly XD

14. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    That's all well and good if you're a Geewunner. But there is a sizable and vocal portion of the fandom that came in with Beast Wars, or the Unicron trilogy. Hell, I know guys whose first exposure to transformers was Machine Wars and Universe 2003

• Like Like x 4
  15. Dramatic Spoon

Dramatic Spoon Well-Known Member

This seems really beast heavy, don't it?

No Jazz or Firestar/Moonracer retools.

Also, did anyone else misread Nautilator as Nautica?
    Because I did and I got excited.

16. Feralstorm

Feralstorm To Infinity - and Your Mom TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Feels a bit too "educated guess" overall. I'll go with the 50/50 chance accuracy statement.

17. BidoofdudeofOz

BidoofdudeofOz The Stench of Discovery

Please be true, Frenzyyy.

18. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

I'm not okay with Nautilator being a Legends class figure. The whole point of the Seacons is there was always one spare and the spare was the gun. Forcing it to be one of them would stink

• Like Like x 2
  19. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    As you may have noticed, it's not the 1980s anymore. Times change and so do gimmicks.

While a G1 combiner limb is an acceptable size for a gun, I would not be okay with a modern Deluxe transforming into a gun. The arm holding them just wouldn't be able to lift them up at all, and it would be ridiculously oversized.

• Like Like x 6
  20. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I'd prefer Skalor to be the legen because he has the least interesting altmode to me.
    But of course that would be the best argument for Hasbro not to make him the only guy you don't need to complete the gestalt.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.