4chan POTP leaks

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tenion the Offender, Jan 12, 2018 at 8:27 AM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoranBasaraEvin

LoranBasaraEvin Potato Girl

I call shens, but man oh man would I buy a set of Beast Machines Dinobot homages.

• Like Like x 1
  2. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Knowing how greedy and lazy Hasbro tends to be I'm sure Seacon's will eventually be made out of Deluxe Dinobot and Terrorcon molds. Takara will also make a Dinoforce set out of them next year to!

And at this point we can only hope that they're at least done with quality.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018 at 11:21 AM
  3. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's weird not too especially since they are releasing all these bottom tier characters. I wonder what his deal is. Apparently he hates BW, too.

4. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want to BELIEEEEEEEEVE!!

• Like Like x 3
  5. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    I'd guess the same reason we haven't seen a slew of Throttlebots; They're wary of downing us in re-uses of the same mold. Might be a response to some of the CW backlash.
    Or we might get Frenzy, Eject, and Searchlight in PotP wave 4 and I'm talking out my arse.

• Like Like x 2
  6. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I know I shouldn't get my hopes hope but still the idea of us possibly getting a combiner set of the Beast Machine Dinobots with new members is such an amazing idea. :D 

7. UltraPrimal

UltraPrimal N/A

News Credits:
    If I were to bet on this, I'd put my money on fake. But these are mostly plausible figures to come out in PotP. Does the original poster say where these are from? The "EX TRA" thing I think is what Toys R Us uses, namely for their Transformers exclusives, while the "Dlx", "Voy", and "Lgd" is what Walmart uses if I recall. But I could be wrong because I'm super tired and out of it today.

T-Wrecks(obviously a Grimlock repaint), Guiledart(Slag/Slug), Saberback(Snarl), Slapper(Sludge), Brimstone(Swoop), and Thunderscorn(Slash?) all sound awesome. I love the idea of doing a BM Dinobots combiner team. It reminds me of the Wreckers combiner from FoC Bruticus. And of course I'm all for anything BW era related. Even if 2 out of the 6 are from the Cybertron and movie verse, not BW/BM. But I can see why they'd do that, considering....

I wonder, assuming this is even true, if they'll have new heads or anything like that. Which in the case of characters like T-Wrecks, if he has a new head more like his original toy, then that would mean it's probably a Megatron head too, which means probably a non-exclusive PotP BW Megatron using the Grimlock mold would be in the future too. Same with Brimstone and Terrorsaur. Which is probably why they went with Brimstone instead of Terranotron because then he'd just be another red Terrorsaur/Swoop repaint. I assume Brimstone would be mostly yellow. Although Fractyl would be a much more logical choice considering he too was from that era.

Also the EX TRA Piranacon is interesting, but ultimately could be what says fake to this. While it would be fun to guess about whether it's a gift set of Seacons in either their Universe 1.0/TFCC colors or their BW2 God Neptune colors. Personally I'd prefer the latter. The fact that this is listed as just Piranacon(gift set?) while the BM Dinobots are listed individually seems suspicious.

The rest is totally plausible and probably will happen. I can see Hasbro milk more money out of that Rewind/Rumble mold. Might as well do all the characters they can. It would have been more suspect if they said like Rosanna or Enemy. Nautilator I can see as a Sharkticon remold or really lazy straight up repaint.

• Like Like x 3
  8. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    FAKE

9. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    The fact that you've brought up the possibility of T-Wrecks and Brimstone being repaints of planned figures of BW Megatron and Terrorsaur in POTP is making me wish this is true more then ever.

• Like Like x 1
  10. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Old-fashioned Hurgusburgus

News Credits:
    Guiledart? I call bullshit.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I sure am hoping for those Seacons, but I'd be a little bummed if Nautilator got the legends spot and not Skalor.
    And I don't really see a Snaptrap from Grimlock being a good thing.

12. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    I don't know why it took so long for it to click, but it's possible that the use of Dinobot names, IF this is legit (I'm skeptical) is because they're just straight up doing Dinoking instead of Monstructor, and incorporating Pretender shell altmodes.

None of the Dinoking names really translate superwell for mainstream audiences so using nameslaps for them feels plausible.

13. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Undersea Warrior

News Credits:
    "Snaptrap is Grimlock retool" is where they give away the game. That'd be a pretty damn complex retool, especially since nothing about Snaptrap's transformation to bot or torso mode resembles what's going on with Grimlock.

Hun-Gurr -> Snaptrap is how that's going to happen, if it happens. Which it damn well better.

• Like Like x 1
  14. My BaLl JoInTs ArE lOoSe

My BaLl JoInTs ArE lOoSe Well-Known Member

Who is this "4chan?"

That being said though, I could see the plausibility of these rumors being a future wave.

• Like Like x 2
  15. GoLion

GoLion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Interesting if true.

16. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    To be fair we didn't think it would be possible for TR Broadside to be remolded/retooled from TR Alpha Trion given that Trion has a lion mode as opposed to a jet mode but look what happened. So I'm not ruling Snaptrap from Grimlock just yet.

• Like Like x 1
  17. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    How so? Trion's alt mode included a battleship style space cruiser. If Grimlock -> Snaptrap ends up being "a thing" it's going to be more like how Titans figures incorporated so many elements from one another it started becoming difficult to tell who was what first.

18. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Yeah but Trion's Lion mode works different then Broadside's Jet mod that's what I was saying here. Hasbro and Takara have proven before to make figures that despite having some of the same elements to them like transformation and stuff they can look and feel like different molds entirely.

19. Dudicus

Dudicus G2 Combiner dudebro.

News Credits:
    And Overbite isn't in the same wave as the other Seacons because..?

I hope this leak is true, other than the glaring omission of Overbite. I've always thought Nautilator would be the perfect choice for the Legends slot, seeing as how God Neptune didn't feature a Nautilator redeco. I wonder what the difference between the single packed Seacons and the Piranacon boxset could be. If it ends up being God Neptune I'm absolutely double dipping, but if that were the case it'd probably be called God Neptune instead of Piranacon.

• Like Like x 1
  20. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    I'd assume the same reason the Dinobots and Terrorcons are split now. To make sure we've got beast molds in ever wave.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.