Transformers 4 And 5 May Film Back-To-Back; LaBeouf Out, Statham In?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by johndoe4880, Oct 17, 2011.

1. johndoe4880

johndoe4880 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i think they should just reboot it.

Michael Bay looks likely to return to direct two more transformers movies, which will be shot back-to-back! As for former leading man Shia LaBeouf, it looks like Jason Statham will indeed be taking over from him...

[​IMG]

Showblitz report that Paramount and Hasbro (who we have already discovered are considering more Transformers movies) are now considering shooting fourth and fifth movies back-to-back with "active discussions" said to be taking place. Sources close to the site have informed them that it's likely two films will be produced at the same time due to the massive savings this ensures the studio. Screenwriter Ehren Kruger reportedly has an well liked idea for the two future installments, but they do NOT include Shia LaBeouf, who’s says he’s moving on, with other close sources indicating that it'll be Jason Statham who takes over. And what of director Michael Bay? Well, he's interested in returning to direct, but that may mean Paramount will have to wait for him to finish work on Pain and Gain first. He will however return as executive producer alongside Steven Spielberg.

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Terrorsaur128

Terrorsaur128 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    People please quit complaining. Just because YOU dont like the movies doesnt mean there arent people who enjoy them, like myself. I love the movies and im looking forward to these if it is in fact true. The movies arent interfering with your precious prime, or G1, or IDW. Let those who enjoy them, do just that. Nobody is forcing you to watch them, im not trying to be rude or hateful I'm just saying.

3. just1nj

just1nj pro genji

statham is going to have a mini cooper transformer.

4. blue death

blue death Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't say I look forward to 4th and 5th movies in the same franchise but its undeniably true they are successful. Even so I enjoy them quite a bit, even when there are some absurdly, hilariously, bad parts in each of them. Overall I still have fun when I see these films. However, Statham has no place in them. He would be a mistake.

5. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Oh dear, with the sole exceptions of LotR and BttF, this way of filming never works. Also very uncharacteristic of Bay, who has made no secret of his distaste of films that have teaser endings...

6. drill

drill Gotham's White Knight

News Credits:
    I'm fine with another Transformers movie, but for the love of god dont let Ehren Kruger write the damn thing. His writing is complete crap, let someone else give their hand at the franchise.

7. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll hold off getting too excited until we've got something more solid than 'awesome inside sources', especially since we've heard the Jason Statham rumor before, IIRC. Sounds interesting though, if they have an idea that would be strong enough to support, presumably, two back-to-back movies released a year apart. Even if Bay does stay on, though, I expect the designs at least to get a reboot, especially since Hasbro's recent earnings announcements admitted that having the same basic designs for 3 films reduced purchasing of the same characters.

Anyway, I'll step aside and let the inevitable "RRARRARARGH, REBOOT IT AND REDO G1 CARTOON NOT BAYFORMERS RARARRRRGGH!!!!" continue.

8. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Statham rumor, again? Like the actor but still cannot see the fit.

9. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    While I'm not enthusiastic about extending the Bay series, it's starting to seem inevitable. If it has to go ahead, I think this is a good way to go about it.

Shooting 2 films back-to-back should mean they put more thought and pre-planning into the continuity. And it seems more natural to stop at 5 than 4. What is that a quintology or a pentalogy?

It'll also solve the problem of ending up back in the same situation when the 4th film is completed and they have to convince/throw money at Bay or whoever to get another one made.

(might as well repost this from the other thread)

10. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Transformers IV: Crank - Death Race in Cybertron.

11. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    the Statham rumor was debunked 2 months ago by Michael Bay himself

12. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    These are going to be the worst movies ever! Michael Bay hates Transformers and is just trying to insult the franchise by making these movies (even if he ends up not being involved in these two)! Hasbro doesn't care about the fans because all they do is put out movie garbage instead of GOOD toys that serious collectors want! The movie designs suck because they're just piles of random metal shards that look like bugs! Too many humans! Everyone who actually cares about Transformers should boycott these movies! Send letters to Paramount and Hasbro and petition them to stop now before they utterly destroy this franchise. If these movies get made, Transformers will be even more of a joke franchise than troll dolls! I'd rather buy a $700 3rd party G1 Searchlight than have someone pay me to buy a movie toy! I'm just gonna go rewatch "Five Faces of Darkness" over and over until Hasbro wakes up and realizes that NOBODY wants any more of this movie crap!!!*

*there, I've just summarized the next four years of Transformers movie news discussion. You don't need to do it yourself. Seriously, don't do it.

13. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

:lolol  :lolol  :lolol 

14. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fairly unanimous opinion I hold: make sure you get a new director. Bay films stuff in a cool way and is a good action director (most of the time) but he suffers when bringing heart to a story.

A new director could make a massive difference. I think even Spielberg would be a good choice as he knows how to command action and emotion at the same time. I'm at a loss thinking of other directors who could do well in the chair.

With Megatron, Starscream and Soundwave dead I'd hope for Galvatron, Cyclonus and Scourge to be the main villains. Unicron doesn't need to be a planet eater and TF: Prime is proof that changing him up can still work. I just don't want Galvatron to be subserviant to another as the Megatrons of G1 and Prime have so eloquently put it before Unicron's might.

It would be good to have the bot faces redesigned as though they're neat for Decepticreeps but I prefer having some Autobots with noses despite the utility being zero (well, Ratchet did sniff Sam's internal boner).

15. HulksmashU

HulksmashU Multiversal-Conqueror

Filming 4 and 5 back to back? thats EXACTLY what they said they would do with the spiderman movie seirse like 2 years ago, and than a few months later they just came out and decided to reboot the whole movie seirse all together. I SMELL REBOOT..!

16. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Im not a huge fan of the movies but the bottom line is these movies and these Bots are here to stay.
    To think Hasbro and Paramount are just going to reboot or forget the money these rack in is like McDonald's not selling burgers anymore.

Lets just hope it becomes big enough for Hasbro to release some DTD G1 stories for old school fans.

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Well maybe they can run the films into the ground so everything doesn't have to get put on hold because heaven's forbid a Transformers fan might want something other than movie toys.

18. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Reboot, please.

19. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    i love the movies too afterall they turned me into a tf fan. but i do not want a fourth movie despite im ignoring all other tf media (just a movieverse fan including tie in comics and such) cause i wanted DOTM to be the end

20. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Ehren have a good knowledege of the tf mythos thats why he worked on ROTF and DOTM cause knows EVERYTHING of the tf mythos