40K Dark Heresy

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Misatokitty, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

I debated putting this in the Games forum, but with the change and the new details... gah. I bought it in my comic store, that's good enough for me.

Picked up Warhammer 40K Dark Heresy RPG book tonight. Looks pretty. It's heavy, got some decent charts and 40K background (specifically of the Imperium). Did anyone else get it, and what did they think?

I know there are expansions planned, and that this was focused on the Inquisition, but I really thought they may stat some of the alien races (Necrons, Tau, Tyranids, Orc, Eldar, etc..) or describe some of the other ranges of people the that the Inquisition might come into contact with... the various militant orders of the Inquisition, Marines, etc. But no. Or not that I found in my flick-through so far. But I'm liking what I'm seeing in it... anyone else's thoughts?

2. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

From what I understood, there where actually going to be 3 core books. One for the Inquisition, Imperial Guard or Space Marines (possibly both), and then Rogue Traders.

3. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Yeah, much what I heard as well. It's just weird that this book is the sourcebook for all things Inquisition-related, but Marines, who were a bit part of the Inquisitor game years ago, are barely mentioned in the book.

Maybe they're just really under-represented in the sector described in the book.