$400 PS3 Bundled with Spiderman 3

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by 03Mach1, Oct 18, 2007.

1. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  2. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    Awesome! MEtal Gear Solid 4 has never looked so accessible until now!

3. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Oh...

It comes with the Spider-man 3 movie.
    That is more enticing than the lame Spider-man 3 game.

4. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

Backwards Compatibly Gone, 2 USB ports taken out, No mem Card Holder, but you get a rather bad movie with it..... There is not a single PS3 game I would get right now, so it would be a expensive brick as I can't even play PS2 titles on it which I would do. Here a better link.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6181252.html?tag=latestnews;title;0

5. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    I can understand where they are coming from one the BC for the $400 PS3. As long as it is apparent on the box that there is no BC. Plus for people that want the BC they can get the 80gb box. And the price on that was reduced to $500.

I think one of the reasons they did this was to try to move it more as a blu-ray player. I'm kind of surprised it didn't come with the blu-ray remote though.

6. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    You know, backwards compatability is a selling point for me.
    There are a lot of PS2 games that came out once the 360 had my attention (like God of War 2) and I think I would play a few of them -it would be nice to play them on a console that upscales the graphics.

7. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's why it's cheaper. If you want the functions that you mentioned, you have the option to pay the extra $100. You can't possibly expect them to sell it for $200 less than it originally sold for less than one year ago and not have some of the features removed.

8. wolfnfox

wolfnfox Well-Known Member

Wow I have never seen so many changes to a console within it's first year in release, this can be seen as a move to give the consumer what they want, or an act of desperation.

It is a fact that even when the console was at it's original price point Sony was losing a fair bit of money. Wonder how much they are losing now on the premium system.

9. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

And there is no way I am gonna drop 500 for a few titles that might be good in the future. By the time I ever get a PS3, it will most likely be half its size, and right before a PS4 comes out. Sony has done nothing but disappoint me since they gave up way to early on the HDD addon for the PS2.

10. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    They didn't give up on it.
    They just never made any games to support it and they never encouraged any third parties to do the same.

Oh yeah, and then they redesigned the console so that it couldn't even support the HDD.

But they didn't give up on it. :rolleyes2 

11. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

they make too many models of this thing and gut features every time they do it. first the 80 gig with lower backward compatibility, now the 40 gig with none... nothing like confusing casual gamers who probably still think it's compatible "on the chip" with older games like was promised only a year ago.

12. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    Reading all this makes me hug my 60 gig PS3 :D 

13. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ditto, I'm happy with what I got. And as far as Sony not having any games people want... That's the reason I only bought my 360 a month ago.. Nothing enticed me until recently. So Sony is not alone on that venture. And Wii still has yet to Entice me, which is why I returned mine, to the gasps and bewilderment of all those who found out. That's right... Heavenly Sword, Resistance, Motorstorm, Folklore, Warhawk, and this month Ratchet and Clank...6.... Metroid, Wii Sports, Paper Mario, and coming soon, Smash Brothers... 3 1/2. I really doubt anyone can throw stones.

14. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Agreed. I don't know what is included, and what isn't with all of these different models now.

15. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well this pretty much destroys what little interest I had in a PS3, since by the time I can afford one/there are good games it will be a model that has no back library capability. What's the point of me buying a 400+ dollar system if I can't even play my PS2 games on it? I can easily pick up at Wii at 250, play my Gamecube titles, and forget about High Definition movie formats. Sony really has no clue about how to wrangle in more people -_-;;

Oh and let's not forget, they're bundling it with a movie I absofuckinglutely hate! I don't want it on DVD, why the fuck would I want it on Blu Ray -_-;;

16. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:

By X-mas you will have-
    -the 80 gig with 4 usb ports, PS2 and PS1 backwards compatabilty, memory card slots and wi fi
    -the 40 gig that has 2 usb ports, wi fi and PS1 BW compatability.

Both will still use Blu-ray and have HDMI ports.

the 40 gig is a nice budget option for those who want it, but I still think that the 80 gig is sweet deal. And lots of good games by the holidays as well.

17. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Narg, let me know when the PS3 drops down to $200.00/$149.99. :drunk 

18. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    The only thing this tells me is that they can't make up their minds.

19. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    the 80GB version has gimped backwards compatability. it's all emulation, the hardware was taken out. so it has problems with a bunch of games. the only PS3 worth buying was the 60GB version, and they stopped production of that. I'm glad I got one when I did.

20. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't think this is true. I believe that the 80gb PS3 still has the PS2 graphics chip, just not the emotion engine chip that does the processing. It is not entirely software emulation. Only the PSOne is 100% software emulation, which is why it exists still on the 40gb PS3.

If the 80gb PS3 didn't have any PS2 hardware it would have the same PS2 capabilities as the 40gb PS3 which is none.