$40.00 Revoltech...to buy or not to buy...

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Paper Mariowned, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Paper Mariowned

Paper Mariowned Well-Known Member

Hmm...sorry if this is the wrong thread, but I need the help from the finest TFormers fans.

Anyhoo, so I live in the little city of Niagara Falls. Revoltech Prime and Megs...only available in comic shops for over-the-top prices, and ordering it off ebay...sure it's cheap and about $15-$20 but the shipping is usually just as expensive.

Anyways so I was told they had Revoltech Megatron; just one, at a Sunrise for $36.00. What do you guys think? Go for the gusto, or save my monies for 2 Deluxe movie figures?

That is all :D 

2. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

40 canadian? I bought Prime for 30 US, but I felt a little burnt after, and now i've vowed never to pay more then 25 for any Rev figure. So while my conversion is probably rather off, that sounds a little high, but not too horrible if you can't find it for any less.
    Then again, i'm a cheapass.

3. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

theyll go down in price, wait for a sale at bbts and throw it in with your pile of loot. save a lot of money and remorse

4. Paper Mariowned

^ Hmm, good idea...although I know if i see the damn thing I'll try to buy it. Im a fool with a bigger credit card than my brain :( 

American to Canadian has been the lowest exchange in 30 years, we're at 7% so pretty much, if I went to America it'd cost the EXACT same since you're tax is 7% and ours is 14 (7% exchange and 7% tax)...so Im curious if I should just buy it for the hell of it...dare I spend the extra $11.00!

5. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

$36 Canadian for a Revoltech? Save your money or buy one online. With tax on top, that's ridiculous for a Revoltech. Ages Three and Up here in Vancouver has Revoltechs for $27.99 Canadian.

6. Paper Mariowned

Hmmm I'll have to check that out...if we even have those stores here..hmmm..

7. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I only have Magnus and waiting for Convoy and Megs (should be here tomorrow!).
    Because Revoltech figure is so small and posable, IMO it's much more fun if you have more than one. Keep looking for a bargain and get two. Good luck :D 

8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Get him from BBTS or Digital-toys, or anay other dependable online retailer.
    40 is just too much. Superb figure, but 40$ no way.

Even though if you went for it, down the road you'll probably won't regret it from all the fun you had with it. It sports better poses than many statues do

9. Paper Mariowned

^ True, plus I don't have a decent figure of Megatron yet...he could be the one!

Thank you! I'll go to the mall and look at him and make the final decision...maybe

10. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Just wait! Every con I go to, they are $25 or less and those are scalping punks selling them. I got mine from HLJ.com for around $15 and some change, so the total for the pair, shipped, was about $37 and they came direct from Japan. You can't beat that anywhere.

11. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    Hmm... When I was at Anime North, the only Revoltech being sold for 40 dollars was Saber - all of the others were roughly 20-30.

EDIT: Silver Snail (at whose booth I got Saber) have Megs for 30.99.

But then, Saber is awesome, so she's worth the extra!

Gary

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    While I love my Revoltech figures, that price is a bit steep. Shop around, you'll find a better price. Try HLJ, they've got the entire run of Revoltech in stock or scheduled for restock and all at around Japanese retail. Can't beat that, though shipping and customs might so9ur the deal.

13. Paper Mariowned

Thanks for the advice guys! I went by the store and checked him out and...he is really flippin small. I'll wait til a good deal comes up, ti lthen my money went towards a big Transformers book :D