4 million years to 1984 in G1

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by galvatron1976, Feb 11, 2011.

1. galvatron1976

galvatron1976 Well-Known Member

Hello,i have a question ,Do you think Autobot and Decepticon in Cybertron thinking that Optimus Prime and Megatron already dead during this period from 4 million years to 1984 since they lost contact ,4 milion years is a long time ,anything can happen ,even before human arrival in history ?
    What happen in Cybertron during this period after Optimus left Cybertron 4 mllion years ago ?,are Autobot and Decepticon are disunited during this period?

Do you think Shockwave become leader of the Decepticon until Megatron contact him in 1984?Do Shockwave feel upset since Megatron still alive ?

Who is the Autobot Leader from 4 Million years to 1984?Alpha Trion ?

Thanks.

2. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

They never really covered it in the cartoon.

I'm sure there were some on both sides that felt they were dead, and others who had faith their leaders were still alive.

Shockwave was in command of the Cybertronion Decepticons, but seemed very pleased to find Megatron alive after so long.

It seems to me the Autobots split into splinter groups.The females obviouly under the command of Elita 1 with the help of Alpha trion.

Who knows about the rest.

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    From the looks of it, everyone on Cybertron just said "well, prime and megatron are gone, let's all just sit tight and wait til they get back" for 4 million years. Shockwave was still in charge of the Decepticons, he was still fighting Optimus Prime's girlfriend and her guerillas, and hell, Wheeljack still had spare parts right where he left them when he came back 4 million years later. It's like nothing at all happened.

4. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    You could probably have a few seasons worth of stories take place in those 4 million years - maybe Ultra Magnus leading the Autobots against Shockwave's Decepticons - along the way the females break off from the main group, Sandstorm and his group colonize their planet... lots of possibilities. All in addition to the Beast Wars storylines.

5. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This is the second biggest thing that annoys me about G1. (The first is the stupid alt modes and mass shifting.)

If they said they went through a time warp or something (like Beast Wars said) or made it a few thousand years (up to 10,000) then I can believe Cybertron was more or less the same.

But 4 MILLION years? Come on... No society no matter how small will sit there doing nothing for that long.

6. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    As far as I ever thought about it is that Cybertron was in short supply of energon when OP and Megatron left. While they were gone, no other source of energy (at least major source) was found. Leaving Cybertron slowly shutting down, as far as the planet as well as it's population, going to stasis I would assume. Over the course of the 4 million years more and more of the population went into stasis and thereby leaving Cybertron to wait it out until more plentiful energy sources could be found... such as Earth.

7. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

This is why I liked Dreamwave's stories so much.They tried to explain what took place all those years.

8. convoymagnus

convoymagnus Yeshua Is Mashiach.

Ebay:
    this is the best theory I ever heard!

now on commanders..it depends on the universe you like the most, cause in the comics universe shockwave is in the same ship and later follows the decepticons to earth so who was in charge back in cybertron?

9. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is, in fact, exactly what Dreamwave had happen.

10. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    blame the toys. also this type of post makes me really cringe.

11. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I'm think it could be Ultra Magnus.

12. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Giant space robots with life spans in the millions of years, and they are not humans.
    4 million years to them, is probably like 4 years to us. So in a dealocked civil war type scenario its not totally out there that things don't change. Its not like they were gone so long most forgot they existed or became legends and myths.

13. Gammatron 64

Gammatron 64 Well-Known Member

The Transformers' lifespans have always kind of presented a problem to me. The Transformers forgot they were created by the Quintessons. It would take many generations to forget such an important piece of history given that they give that long. But Alpha Trion was there for it, and was still around when Optimus and Megatron were born. Why didn't the really old Autobots tell anybody about it?

The universe has only been around for about 13 billion years. It takes about 4+ billion years for a planet to have life evolve into an intelligent state (at least on our planet). So, if we assume Quintessa was around soon after the creation of the universe, they would have to become significantly advanced enough to make sentient robots and cyberform planets, so we're talking a type 2 civilization, so the Transformers and Cybertron couldn't be any older than 9 billion years. To the Transformers, a billion years would be like a thousand years to us. Our records back then are a little hazy, but we have an idea of what life was like thousands of years BCE. And Alpha Trion was alive for all of this, making him really freakin' old. He just never told anybody?

I am thinking way too hard about a freakin' kid's cartoon. :lol 

14. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    To me Cybertron was always painted as a virtually desserted planet where most of the population was either dead or had left the planet in search of a new home/energy (i.e. Paradron). Shockwave, the fembots and Alpha Trion were really the only inhabitants that were shown to still be on Cybertron after Prime, Megs & company left.

Given that picture, I'm amazed the Quintessons didn't try to retake the planet... but then there's this:

15. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Shockwave was REALLY REALLY GOOD at obeying orders - "Cybertron will be just how you leave it".

I like to think he had ample oppurtunity to win, but decided not to because it'd be in defiance of command. :D 

16. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    You and me both.

17. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

When their bosses were gone, both sides cranked up the massive Cybertronian stereo-system at the local club and partied harder then ever before.

After all, when your Dad leaves the house, don't you crank up the stereo?

18. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well powering down due to lack of energeon helps, I think you probably also have to assume that at least in the Cartoons their brains and memories work very different than ours. They are consistantly shown to forget things from their own pasts that should be very important to them. Ultra Magnus has no memory of his creation or when it was. Prime is similar. The whole race forgets the Quints. I think they only have limited space on their "hard drives" and then stuff gets pushed out or deleted. Specially over millioms of years.

19. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

It's a cartoon, who cares?
    Only the toys are important to us, right?

20. Wingwolf77

Wingwolf77 Decepticon Dark lord

Actually the fiction is the only reason I stick around. I stopped buying the toys a long time ago.