4 different Dreads?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Lazerwave, May 6, 2011.

?

Are the Dreads 4 same molds or 4 unique robots?

1. Same like clones

16 vote(s)
    43.2%
  2. 4 unique robots

21 vote(s)
    56.8%
  1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I was just thinking about the 4 Dread decepticons. I know that they said clones, but after looking at Crankscase and crowbar in legend toys their molds are different. My plan was to buy 4 Crankcase toys, but if they are all different mold what's the point. Do you think all for will be the same or all four unique?

2. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Also Hatchet who is some kind of crazy dinosaur dread.

3. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    How we know Hatchet and Crowbar are actually in the Film?

4. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Crankcase, Crowbar, Hatchet, they're the ones listed as Dreads on Hasbros DOTM website.

5. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    And there are like, three of the Crankcase Alt mode that was seen on set. Implying that there may be more then one of him.

6. Suchus Prime

Suchus Prime Well-Known Member

plus we saw 2 crash into ironhide in the trailer. I say all four are the same, Bay doesn't but much focus on the decepticons anyways.

7. Starscreamownz

News Credits:
    We never saw the two dreads fully transformed in that trailer shot. We got as far as a mass of parts with legs popping up.

8. Suchus Prime

But they do have the same alt mode. The "other" dreads we saw had different alt modes.

9. Starscreamownz

News Credits:
    Two robots can look different and have the same alt mode. Skids and mudflap? (Before they were cut from the film)

10. Suchus Prime

Those aren't the same alt modes, they have different paint jobs, and they still have the same overall body shape (short, stubby, and ugly)

11. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Not sure what they are. They might be 4 unique robots who share an altmode (with Hasbro giving them different altmodes for variety), or they're this movies' take on the protoform troopers, with one specific quartet following Megatron around.

12. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The way I'm reading it now, the Dreads are a "species" of Transformers, allied with the Decepticons, and having a certain look (black, four eyes). Some are quadrupedal, some can fly, some are bigger or smaller, whatever. Point is, if similar ones scan the same alt mode, they might as well be clones.

I'm sure that's more info than we'll get in the movie, but that's fine. We have seen Decepticlones before. Necessary evil when you are dealing with this kind of mad CGI modeling.

I feel like in practice the Dreads are going to pretty much be Crankcases, but we might get cameos of other types. I'd be stunned if we saw a bot matching Hatchet's description in the film though.

13. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Frankly, my bet is that they're just called the dreads and are all SUV's in the film, but Hasbro decided that three decepticons with the exact same alt mode and only minor differences to the robot mode won't sell to well, so they swapped Hatchet and Crowbar's altmodes around and gave them all specific names for the toyline.

14. longhorn35

longhorn35 40 Something Fan

same alt modes for the seekers well except for their colors...

15. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    All I know is, I hope Hatchet is in the movie. Hot-damn, he's more badass than Ravage was in ROTF. :cool: 

16. cnic

cnic Decepticon

Maybe there are 4 original Dreads and then they have some Dread clones as filler/protoform type bots to get smashed and bashed around?

17. Suchus Prime

That's not movieverse and wasn't jetfire a seeker? He had a different alt mode then starscream.

18. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    We already know the director likes to save money by recycling footages from old movies, recycling images of dead robots, using lots of drones, etc.
    In tf2, the images of constructicons were recycled in multiple places : in the ship to resurrect megatron, chasing sam, forming devastator, final desert battle, etc.
    TF2 also used the same drone images in lots of scenes.

We have already seen the trailers for TF3 and as usual, the background cannon fodder consists of recycled images of drones, the dead bonecrusher, the dead brawl, dead sideways, dead constructicons, etc.

I am pretty sure the many dreads have the same vehicle modes and also the same robot modes to save money.
    To sell the toys, Hasbro seems to be selling various molds as the Dread brand aside from Crankcase. These other non-Crankcase molds probably don't appear in the movie.

19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I think Crankcase's model will be used for more than one bot, but I don't think that he/they'll be the only "Dreads" we see on screen. It might have been someone else, but I recall getting a glimpse of what looked like Hatchet in bot-mode. I'm kinda hoping Crowbar shows-up, as it would help his chances of getting a Deluxe-class figure at some point.

20. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    During shooting, all we saw were lots and lots of the same dreads SUVs. The trailers also show the same multiple dreads SUVs. I am quite sure in the movies, all the dread robots will be the same. If you look at the cartoons, all the drones or cannon fodder are also the same to save money on animation.