4 AHM Trades? Why 4?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Forum Shark, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Forum Shark

Forum Shark Well-Known Member

Okay, I've just started (yeah, I know) reading All Hail Megatron, and was looking into just getting the Trade Paperbacks when they come out. I figured there would be 3, because it's a 16 issue series, and the first Trade Paperback had 6 issues (6x3=18, so one of them would be missing 2 issues, or something, I thought). Anyway, then I noticed on Amazon, there's a 4th Trade scheduled for January of 2010. My question: Why? Are there just going to be 3 or four in volumes 2 and 3? If so, I don't want to pay $20 for that. Anyway, thanks in advance for your help.

2. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Perhaps it's going to be two paperbacks with 6 issues each [1-6 and 7-12], one paperback with the four codas AND a complete version with all those.

3. Forum Shark

Well, here's the page with all of them... Amazon.ca: all hail megatron

Two of them have 152 pages, one has 134 pages, and number 4 has 104, and in the description, it says: "It ends here! All loose ends are laid to rest in this collection that ends the All Hail Megatron saga and sets the stage for big things to come for the Transformers!"

EDIT: I think I figured it out. Volume 4 will be the coda, meaning issue 13-16. So, I guess volume 2 and 3 will each have 3 issues in it? With the number of pages, though, it'll have to have a lot of extras, or bigger issues.

4. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Uncounted Outlier

News Credits:
    AHM Volume 3 will actually contain the Spotlights for Blurr, Jazz, Drift, Cliffjumper and Metroplex.

[​IMG]

Volume 4 is Coda.

5. Forum Shark

Okay, thanks a lot! Why are the spotlights under the AHM title, then? Do they fit in the story somehow?

6. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, Spotlight Jazz takes place partly during AHM. Cliffjumper, Drift and Blurr all give background on characters that're introduced in the story. Metroplex is just the odd man out.

7. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Well, according to an editor's note on the front inside cover of METROPLEX it's set just prior to All Hail Megatron #1. That, and the fact that Sixshot reveals some background to some of Megatron's actions in AHM are what makes it connected.