3rd viewing last night

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by revis84, Jul 14, 2011.

1. revis84

revis84 Member

...and I cannot get enough of the Cybertron prologue! :thumb 

a War for Cybertron prequel movie / trilogy anyone??

2. Jazz1979

Jazz1979 Well-Known Member

The beginning of the movie was done very well.
    After it switches to Sam looking for a job i was like:
    OH NO!

Honestly i don't pay anymore money to watch this movie again.

3. qwerty

qwerty Well-Known Member

prequel or sequal on Cybertron would be awesome....

4. Luka63

Luka63 Lukabot

A movie based on/around War for Cybertron would be very welcome indeed. Not too sure on the likelihood of it, but a guy can dream.

Myself, I've only Dark of the Moon once, but thinking about sequences such as the intro definitely makes me consider going to see it again!

Revis, (or anyone else who has seen the film multiple times for that mattter) did you find yourself noticing things you hadn't caught the first/second time round?

5. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    sequel on Cybertron? Wasn't Cybertron destroyed when it collapsed in on itself when the space bridge was destroyed

6. revis84

revis84 Member

Havent noticed anything new tbh, although the 3rd viewing was 2d and Shockwave is actually purple in the movie, compared to silver in the previous RealD-3D and IMAX 3D viewings

7. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Cybertron prologue owned 2011.
    I'm up for more of Cybertron, but not a prequel, but a sequel please.

8. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Sadly it did. :S But yeh, the whole intro makes the movie. And i saw the movie twice, a 3rd time will be a bit difficult for me since the movie is being removed already thanks to the arrival or certain magician. :( 

9. theironhulk

theironhulk Autobot Medic

News Credits:
    Ahem he is a wizard thank you very much. ;)  haha

10. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Well, he has to be to make all the bots dissapear from most local theaters. :S

11. Tell_Story

Tell_Story Well-Known Member

Well, I saw it for the first time last night. I agree that Cybertronian prologue was just amazing and for the first few minutes I thought, Hey, this movie might be OK" And then, like the previous posted stated, the whole scene with Sam gets introduced and its very anticlimactic.

This movie surprised me a lot. I didn't think that Sentinel Prime was going to join forces with the Decepticons. It surprised me even more that he killed Ironhide. It was a good death yeah, but I just hate to see the good characters die.

I was also surprised that Patrick Dempsey's character was in kahuts with the Deceps. I was even more surprised by his performance. Michael Bay sure can dumb down an actors skills, why PD agreed to do this I don't know. Must be the money and association this, but that was not a great performance. Rosie Huntington-Whitely was underwhelming, but she's not an actor so...

This movie was better than ROTF, but it draged on too much. In the end you definitely got the sense that they were going for the "This is it, it was great being in these movies thank you very much, the end." I did like the whole skydiving web-gliding suite thing and last but certainly not least, the think that will keep me coming back to these movies is Peter Cullen. To me he's the star of these movies. You have to be a real TF nerd to think of that. I'm sure most of the 1 billion people who go and see this movie won't care that much about PC, but for me he makes the movies. I love the lines he performed. He has that same old magic that made TF to begin with. PC makes OP is so valiant and he sounds cool doing it. It the biggest redeeming quality of the movies for me.

12. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Thought Dempsey was pretty damn good, myself...

13. al91176

al91176 Decepticon

Yeah, cant wait till the Blu-Ray comes out so I can grab some nice shots of it off my pc!