3RD Party,Suit of Armor Trailer for MP Rodimus,anyone want it made?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by PredakingRules, Feb 9, 2011.

?

Do want a 3rd party suit of armor trailer for MP Rodimus Prime?

1. I'd be interested in a 3rd party suit of armor trailer for MP Rodimus Prime

11 vote(s)
    18.0%
  2. I'd buy it but it has to form more armor pieces than protector had.

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  3. No thanks,I either hate the toy or i'm content with it as takara made it.

48 vote(s)
    78.7%
  1. PredakingRules

PredakingRules Member

I've been reading tons of transformers fans reviews & U-tube videos. basically about transformers fans being disappointed in the MP Rodimus Prime toy.

mainly the complaints seem geared towards the trailer making the takara version worth double the price.

So my question to everyone. Similar to the 3RD Party Protector trailer armor for classics hotrod. Would anyone like a trailer suit of armor for MP Rodimus Prime? basically the MP Hotrod sports car would plug into the suit of armor trailer in vechicle mode. then the suit of armor would break up into pieces to make the MP Rodimus robot mode look more impressive. like forming boots & thicker shins. new forearms,a flip down chest piece,new waist piece. new back pack with either shoulder canons or wings. maybe a smaller battle station like the protector version has.

C,mon guys lets all beg & write to igear & fan projects to encourage them to create a new suit of armor trailer for MP Rodimus Prime.

2. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If anyone's complaining about MP-09's price, I can't see them liking the price of a 3rd party upgrade, given what City Commander & Protector ended up costing.

3. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    My protector is good enough tyvm.

4. PredakingRules

PredakingRules Member

How about saving money,buy the cheap priced hasbro version sans the trailer. then buy the 3rd party suit of armor trailer for Hasbro MP Hotrod.

5. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not buying MP Rodimus and wouldn't buy any upgrades for it. I'm perfectly happy with FP Protector.

6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    The trailer's the best part of the Takara version. Simple and effective, unlike the actual Rodimus toy.

7. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would prefer a transforming armor trailer for Masterpiece Ultra Magnus.

8. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    The point of an "upgrade" kit is to make the character/toy better. This truly is a Masterpiece Hot Rod / Rodimus Prime. It achieves everything while representing the character.

People can complain about the quality as much as they want...it's still a perfect representation of the character that needs no upgrade.

Classics Rodimus was a Rodimus by name only. He needed the upgrade to truly become worthy and fulfilling his destiny.

9. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    What's wrong with Takara Hot Rod (appearance-wise)?

You silly third party whores.

10. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    MP-09 is what 204? 205 now? Its not bad considering how much the other route will cost you.

Hasbro's Rodimus will probably retail for around 75 (Plus TAX, Gas or shipping) and a 3rd party trailer with run around 100 plus.

Also, keep in mind Rodimus won't hit TRU until sometime next year and the Trailer will probably be another year down the road after that.

So buy Rodimus now or pay about the same and wait 2 or 3 years. Your choice, I already made mine! This toy is seriously bad ass:drool: 

11. PredakingRules

PredakingRules Member

Rumor has it Igear is making a G-1 style ultra magnus armor trailer for faith leader.

12. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Nah. There's really nothing wrong with Rodimus that needs a big suit of armor or a second trailer to repair. Now if a third party company would come out with some new hands that could still transform but actually hold the weapons worth a damn, I'd toss some money at that.

13. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    would rather have a ko trailer for the hasbro edition.

14. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I'd prefer an upgrade or better classic Galvatron figure. MP Rodimus looks grate. I only wish it was a little taller and a little easier to transform

15. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Going with the crowd. Put aside the qc issues some have had and the engineering flaws such as the hands not holding the guns MP Rodimus is amazing! New hands that can hold the guns would be a must buy for me to though! A knock off of the trailer for those that get the american release would be cool. The trailer is amazing! Plus hoping for an upgrade for an MP figure that will only cost 100 dollars is really dreaming i think simply due to engineering one that will work with out damaging the figure.

16. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Others have said this already but if price is the biggest source of complaints, this "solution" makes no sense: Takara MP Rodimus would still be cheaper than Hasbro MP Rodimus + third party upgrade.

17. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Fixed:D 

18. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup, and I'll be getting it. But I still want one for the full size Takara Masterpiece release.

19. PredakingRules

PredakingRules Member

I'm referring to a suit of armor trailer for MP Rodimus Prime. that breaks up into armor pieces like the protector trailer or CR Fire Convoy trailer/Armor. this would make sense for those buying the hasbro version. or for those who just want to improve their takara version.

I'm not referring to in this thread nor asking for a KO version of takara's MP Rodimus trailer. that does exactly what the takara trailer does. as that would make zero sense & lack creativity as it's just copying the takara trailer.

20. schanze1

schanze1 Member

OK, now my point:

i am german.
    There are not many ways for getting a Takara MP09 to my home under 190$
    For me, who has not that much money its a big thing.
    The only way FOR ME getting any MP09 is over the ToysRus Exclusive, which comes without trailer.
    i am really sad about this and i am willing to pay 100$ for a Propper trailer for my ToysRus-MP09.
    I would be fine even with a non transforming Trailer.

Personally i just want to have a way for propper Displaying the Toysrus/Hasbro Mp09 in Rodimus Prime Vehicle mode. As it is for Displaying use i wouldn´t give that much on great Durability and a resoluting lower price tag.

Greetings.