3rd party Onslaught?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by stef17, Aug 3, 2012.

1. stef17

stef17 Well-Known Member

Would you want a 3rd party Onslaught Upgrade?

I'm not quite sure if I'm allowed to post a thread like this, but would anyone else like to see a FOC voyager size Onslaught? i mean, I hate the look of Hasbro's. In my opinion, his robot mode is too skinny and his vehicle mode is incomplete! Also, as Bruticus' chest, he's simply too small and doesn't give him enough bulk. I wish the fandom could have a PROPER sized and detailed Onslaught! I know that i for one would snap it up in a second as I'm a huge fan of his WFC/FOC design!

2. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Misleading title - please change!

Example - "I'd like to see a 3rd Party Onslaught" or "Will there be a third party Onslaught?"

3. Acidophilus

Acidophilus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seconded.

4. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    thirded

EDIT: i don't have him yet but from the looks of it, i'd buy one. i mean, the figure looks awesome IMO, but an upgrade certainly wouldn't hurt

5. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I think FOC Bruticus could benefit from a Voyager Onslaught but finally having the figure in hand, its not that bad with the deluxe version.

But I'm always up for a 3P upgrade :) 

6. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I don't think the thread title is that misleading. If anything, I think there needs to be an upgrade part for Blast-Off and Vortex. I really think the combined mode would benefit better from the connector ports on Blast-Off/Vortex being situated a little lower, which would make his shoulders more prominent while fixing the cumbersome look of the arms. Better hands would also be a welcome addition.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  7. stef17

stef17 Well-Known Member

CHanged :)  I wish we could get the 3rd party companis on board, it is an optional upgrade. He doesn't look THAT bad, but like i said, I for one would like a proper Onslaught figure. The other Combaticons are fairly good, i don't think he should suffer just because he's the gestalt's core.

8. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

While they're at it, maybe do the other four as well because they are all shit also. Please/thanks.

9. iphdtd

iphdtd The Wolfman's Brother

It would all depend on if the connectors and legs themselves could support a voyager figure on top of them. I'm not sure it would. That's why I think rather than remolding Onslaught altogether, they should do an add-on kit like FP Superion that would help fill in the gaps so to speak.

10. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    misleading title indeed.
    but give it time. It's not that long before Bruticus was released, and it's still a limited quantity. The 3rd party groups can't do much until they have Bruticus in hand themselves. And it's not like they don't have anything else on the horizon.

11. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'd buy just about any upgrade kit for the Bruticus set. Not because I dislike it, but because I already really love it and would love it more with a Voyager sized torso.

12. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It could use a beefier Onslaught... yea... but then he still has the awkward limbs to deal with. It'd honestly require a kit for repositioning/bulking the limbs up a bit too.

...which... tbh... would probably mean that it's better off making a whole team from scratch. >_>

13. bacon4e

bacon4e Resident Cheesehead

what they could do is completly remake the figure, with a back section for the alt mode where the gestault head and arms could be hidden, as this could also make the combined legs a bit beefier

14. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Yes I would like a bigger Onslaught or a trailer upgrade kit.