3rd Party Movie Figures with High Accuracy or Detailing?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by astronut1885, Mar 27, 2017.

1. astronut1885

astronut1885 Active Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Hi all. I have a question. I'm a big fan of the movieverse, but find the general release figures to be lacking. I've only recently become aware of some of the 3rd party movie figures that exist, and I'm hoping some of you can point me in the direction of some of the more accurate looking ones. I picked up the Wei Jiang OS Evasion mode Prime with battle damage as a start, where should I look next? Anxiously awaiting updates on the DOTM Megatron they teased.

2. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

You could start by looking in the Third Party Toy Discussion instead of the official toys. :p  A lot more of those oversized and sometimes better engineered movie toys can be found in there... though apparently DX9 is working on a Leader Class size AOE Lockdown, which may be of interest too.

3. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wei Jiang's Hound (Detective) is another good one. A gorgeous figure, in fact. Uses the existing Voyager as a template then just runs with it. Get the V2 as the shoulder struts on the original were prone to breaking.

20170209_204516.jpg

I also highly recommend KBB's O/S AoE Leader Prime. I have the Nemesis version and while he's basically a straight KO of a clunky shellformer, he's also pretty damn sexy and certainly looks the part on the shelf next to M-01 Commander.

PicsArt_02-22-11.56.30.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. astronut1885

astronut1885 Active Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I've had my eye on that one, but the backpack/shellformer kinda kills it for me. AOE Hound Wei Jiang V2 is definitely on the list, and I also just stumbled into all the Dream Factory stuff that's being developed, I saw ROTF Megatron, TF Bonecrusher, TF Blackout, DOTM Megatron, TF Starscream, DOTM Shockwave, and AOE Lockdown all being done by 3rd party that have me stoked! I wish the Brawl had more done with him, it looks a lot like the leader class I already had with better paint, but it was one of the better looking figures back then so I might pick it up. I'm really hoping either Wei Jiang or Dream Factory make the DOTM Megatron happen, and I'm very excited about a TF paint scheme leader Starscream. Looks like I'm going to be building up a TF collection again!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Would you mind linking me to a thread about this? Can't find any info on this anywhere. Thanks!

6. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Moved to the third party forum :thumb 

• Like Like x 2