3rd Party Legends Master Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by CVprowl, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Potchez

Potchez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    NewAge H1

FB_IMG_1526381483583.jpg FB_IMG_1526381476193.jpg FB_IMG_1526381470497.jpg FB_IMG_1526381465806.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  2. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  3. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
  4. Overlord Galvatron

Overlord Galvatron Well-Known Member

Oof luckily I didn't buy the heroes of cybertron version this just makes thins easier as it is just micro masterpiece (also it transforms)

5. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

Well... the Papa Toys KO reflector is an upsize at 10.5 cm which will make them slightly larger than the Hot Toys Bee, and the new tiny Bee by Newage is 6 cm, the size of the original PE reflector bots.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Potchez

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    If I wanted to deck out my Legends shelf, I would need 7 sets of the Wildkidz bases (would have a couple left over). $168 total

How big are the Zeta bases?

Also, MFT Omega Supreme

FB_IMG_1526511211997.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  7. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're a decent size... I'm a little too lazy to go to the other room and measure them right now, but here is a pic showing that Thunder Erebus and War Giant can each fit on one panel at the shorter of the two dimensions

[​IMG]

At $15 for 2 panels, it's a pretty good deal.

• Like Like x 2
  8. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

• Like Like x 1
  9. Overlord Galvatron

Overlord Galvatron Well-Known Member

Do MFT Megatron's weapons fit in dx9 wip Mightron's hand

10. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku I love both Nemesis Prime and Anime!

How would you guys rate Iron Factory products? I'm thinking about pre ordering their Jazz and Warpath...

Edit: is there a thread for the IF Tarn? That looks pretty interesting. Also, how's IF "The Hunter", their Windblade? sorry for the questions, but I've never been into 3P until now.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  11. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Throbbing Member

12. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Throbbing Member

I have their Shockwave, he's great. They're not entirely a G1 aesthetic though, unlike some of the other Legends figures, so you need to make a call on which aesthetic you want to go with if you want them to all look consistent.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku I love both Nemesis Prime and Anime!

I don't mind the varying aesthetics, but I think I'll hold on Jazz and Warpath. I just found out about their Tarn, and am totally all over that.

14. FredVIII

FredVIII human germ!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Potchez

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Tarn
    iron-factory-DJD

Iron Factory, they have some great figures. Some are hindered by too tight joints. Shock oil should help most of this.
    If you like their aesthetic, then there are a lot of them only done by IF in this size.

• Like Like x 2
  16. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Green Energon Strike Coaltion

I’m pretty smitten with Iron Factory, @Nemesis Otaku, and their Jazz and their Slipstream are my highest priorities, though I’ll definitely get Warpath. Also, Jetfire will be landing on my doorstep soon.

Moreover, I had been waiting for a mini-Bruticus to bring me back to collecting, and I’m very pleased with War Giant, Combiner Hunters Arcee and Windblade, and the TF Source Sunstorm single release, and foresee myself getting a bunch of IF’s yearly releases for years to come.

I also really adore DX9’s Sonic Wizard— i.e. Soundwave and Friends, though I really should’ve also picked up Iron Factory’s Scouts and Sniper long ago, since it’s down to the last Turrets and Manacles or Ultra Magnus you can find to get Iron Factory’s old pack-in accessories of 5mm port goodness. Preferably, I’ll do the former.

Now, since we don’t know when Jazz comes out, I dunno that I’d recommend preordering him. But, Warpath will probably be out in the next month, since glossy pictures of a figure with some concrete rubble usually means IF has handed off one of the first figures fresh from assembly and painting for photographing, and then adding some sick motion blur lighting.

So, I’d hold off preordering anything but Burning Slug since there’s no real clue as to who comes next after Jetfire and Warpath amidst the remains of late Winter/Spring suggested released dates for Slipstream, Jazz, Nova Prime, and Shattered Glass Optimus Prime.

I also think IF figures are pretty widely available within the first year of their release, so don’t fret too much about preorders.

Unless you just gotta have it :p 

• Like Like x 3
  17. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    @CVprowl Just want to say thanks for keeping this thread and the first post updated. Becoming quite the valuable resource especially as more and more people start getting into this scale. It's amazing how much it has proliferated in the past 9 months or so and seems like every week there's a new player in the market.

• Like Like x 5
  18. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    @CVprowl Crazy idea.. what would you think of, instead of alphabetical order, each time a new figure is added, that company is moved to the top of the list? And likewise, going with a most-recent first in the list for each company's figures.

I think this would have an effect of making it quite easy to see who the active / new companies are vs the old/dead ones, and then also easy to see at a glance which figures are newest.

19. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

I might just put some kind of descriptive comment next to each company... I'll think on it. :) 

20. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Green Energon Strike Coaltion

Or, I could actually work on building that database of links and wrap them in bbcode, @CVprowl & @IronMagnus, so readers can quickly bounce to the relevant thread =3

I just got daunted a lil by how much more work it would on tablet versus mouse and keyboard :oops: 

• Like Like x 4