3rd party heads are wrong

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by MechanovaKing, Dec 22, 2011.

1. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not just these guy. But does anyone else find that most (NOT ALL, but damn near) 3rd party head doesn't look like who there ment to be?

The TFC and MakeToys guys here all look great, I have the fortune to be able to get both. But neither of there heads looks anything like G1. And isn't that what most 3rd parties are aiming for?

Attached Files:

2. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives TFW2005 Supporter

They really can't make the heads look toooo close or it could get sticky(er) for them. I just wish one of them would make a decent deluxe Trailberaker with a proper looking head :D 

3. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

Maiden Japan's heads are completely accurate, and amazing.

4. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dunno. Most of them seem to be aiming for "Classics"-style to me, which frequently takes liberties with the designs, provided some recognizable elements are maintained.

Mad Blender misses the mark, but the others have recognizable traits for sure.

5. javaco

javaco javaco

News Credits:
    thats not really their mission. they try to make updated looks for the characters. like how the classics figures are

6. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    I respectfully point you in the direction of not only Maiden Japan, but also Renderforms Skyfall and Darkwing. Not to mention some of the great customs available on Shapeways, shit, if Botcon can't be bothered to re-sculpt for Pyro, I have to go elsewhere.

Sure, there will be some turkeys out there, they're the ones I don't buy.

7. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    **Rings bell**

WINNER!

8. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

What's wrong with the face showing in the pic of Headrobot's Blood the Dark Warrior upgrade set? It's a skull face within a samurai helmet, pretty much Bludgeon's Pretender shell's head (both comic and toy) in a nutshell.

But generally, I find that the heads or helmets for third party stuff at least has some familiar aspects to what it's representing, without taking it too far. As for both Giant and Hercules, if it bothers enough people someone will more than likely produce more G1 accurate heads for the individuals and for the combined modes.

9. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be surprised if iGear was cooking something up as we speak.

10. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

I love how fanboys say:

- Look at that Classics Jazz. Soooo G1. Even the head.
    - 3rd party, no no they're going for "classics" style. That's why it doesn't look too G1. Its an "updated" look.

These fanboys are full of shit.

This for the thread. These companies are too pussy to do it full on.

As for TFC constructicons, some look like the head is suppose to be for the other constructicon. Switch em' out. Maybe mod them.

11. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    I agree whole heartedly! MJ's stuff is amazing!

12. MechanovaKing

News Credits:
    I hear your point but totally disagree. Lets grab any of the generation line and....'reveal the shield' was it (the rub symbols one)?

There body look way different. But all there head look like there old selfs. Ya the head aren't perfectly G1 but you can glad at them and say "oh, that's so&so"
    [ So&so was a autobot sowing machine....i kid :p  ]

But these guys heads'....No i think the only one who looks close to G1 between both TFC and MakeToys is heavy-laber looks like G1 Scarper.

I find just because it's a skull or a mouth guard or a visor doesn't make it the same.

13. MechanovaKing

News Credits:
    Have they done anything else beside the junkions?

I goolged it and thats all i found.
    They do look right.

But
    A./ I very judge anything on it's first try/season/move/project
    B./ Yes most (not all) of 3rd party head look G1 or G1 enough when updated. But I was talking about full body figures.

14. MechanovaKing

News Credits:
    I somewhat argue with this point...If hasbro wanted any of them gon; they could take'em.
    But i think someone up the line in hasbro is smart enough to see that is if they let 3rd parties sell toys. It keeps there IP updated and in everyones minds. Ready to buy more transformers when they have them.

So points is: "Hey 3rd parties! man up! Hasbro wants you around! Now give me my MixMaster with a Y shaped face and box-guns over his head!"

15. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Classics Prime's head shares no particular detail with any of his previous incarnations. Sure, he's got the forehead crest vent thingy, and antennae, and a faceplate, but they're all shaped differently, with different details and everything.

And he's not the only one like that.

Yet, he's still recognizable as Optimus Prime. But on a different body, it could just as easily be G2 Smokescreen.

16. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

The clip on custom heads for G1 Ironhide and Ratchet are fantastic and they look great alongside G1 Prowl and the others.

I would kill for a G1 accurate head for ROTF Nightbeat. At the moment, I swap his legs around in bot mode to give him Throttlebot style feet and balance Mega SCF Star Sabre's head on his own which is pushed down. It looks well fortunately but a proper G1 head would be awesome. He's got one of the coolest TF car modes ever, he just needs a matching head.

The heads for Blood, Skyjack/fall and Darkwind all look great as well.

17. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Aren't many of the heads and figures based on the IDW comics (classics) design?

Also what g1 form are you talking? The cartoon doesn't maintain consistency in faces, the comic could be thought of as the same though some faces are completely different from the cartoon and then you have the toyline. Going past that you have the DW versions which were the basis for some alternator faces (At least to me they seem similar, no real fact to back that one up). Then we get back to IDW who's designs and artists have been used a lot in the classics lines aesthetics.

18. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

Speaking of which when the heck is the Darkwing head up for sale?

19. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Darkwing came and went a long time ago...

20. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    I actually got mine only a couple of months back, I got that and Skyfall at the same time. Seen a couple on eBay last week, with the figure already attached.