3rd party Dinobots need to be...

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by CZ Hazard, Apr 14, 2012.

1. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    We know third parties read these threads, we know some have announced Dinobots. What we don't know is what type of Dinobots to expect, so instead of waiting for them to make what they think we want, lets say what we want.

2. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    I think the most common answer would, and should be "all of them"...?

3. CZ Hazard

News Credits:
    Okay, I meant to add a poll. They should give dumb-ass credits as well as news credits on here, I'd be winning!

The way I see it, here are the options.

The four missing Masterpiece figures to go with Grimlock
    All new designs Voyager scale
    All new designs Deluxe - four missing Classics
    Downsized Masterpiece Scale / Articulated G1 figures

Any kind mods want to edit the poll options for me, that would be great.

4. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I'd be ok with any of these. However, if they design new Voyagers, then I think Swoop should be a Deluxe instead. That's by no means a deal-breaker though.

However, if Hasbro is actually going to release FoC Dinobots, then perhaps the 3rd-party groups should steer clear for a bit. No reason to draw that kind of attention, by competing with actual Hasbro products that are relatively close (we hope) to being released.

5. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    I'd personally vote for all new Voyagers. They'd fit right in with the Classics scale figures, and still be of reasonable price. Masterpiece Scale or even downsized ones would probably be more expensive. Deluxe on the other hand would be way too small.

6. artistvideogame

artistvideogame Well-Known Member

My vote would be for all 5 as close to Masterpiece G1 accurate as possible, but save Grimlock for last seeing that alot of people are happy with the takara Grim. But since quality in plastic and such seems to vary from company to company, I would still like them to make their version of Grimlock as well just to make sure that all 5 work well together visually.

7. CZ Hazard

News Credits:
    My opinion is for the four missing Masterpieces, as I doubt HasTak will ever do those and they would look awesome as a set. I'm not against a Grimlock, but he should be last, for the reasons posted above.

8. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    Paddles.

No, seriously... I'd love to see the little guy get some respect. Paddles can be the last figure released, a 'surprise' release, a bonus for getting the other 5, can even be a remolded version of Sludge; but I think it'd be excellent if we saw some sort of release for the 'forgotten' Dinobot... :) 

9. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Going off rumours this is what I hope for.

Maketoys and the MP Dinobots. Obviously skip over Grimlock cuz thats just not necessary. I would like to see the other 4 to follow MP Grimlocks aesthetics (G1 with Articulation) I would also be willing to pay the sme price for all 4 but I would like to see a larger Sludge and a smaller Swoop (make the money from the smaller Swoop to cover costs onthe larger Sludge)

iGear - The rumour I recall here is Dinobots lol. IIRC they mentioned Voyagers. If iGear does follow through with Dinobots I would like to see them come in a Voyager class and to contain all 5 and with scale in mind. Once again larger Sludge smaller Swoop. I would also like to see them go the Neo G1 but sales on these may be iffy due to the next paragraph.

HASBRO- FOC Dinobots. Not G1 but not Cybertronian so these guys, if made, would work very well in the Classics line up. I really hope to see at least Grimlock and Sludge as Voyagers but with all the scaling down and simplifying Hasbro has been doing recently it is hard to guess what we will see.

Depending on iGears take on the figures AND if all the rumours or guesses are true, I just may end up with 3 new sets of Dinobots.

10. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Even if they're MPs. it depends to me on what the asthetic is. If they're made to matchHas/Tak MPs, then no need for Grimlock. If they're a different aesthetic but MP size, then yes all five for sure.

As for size, MP all the way for me, since I use MP Grimlock as my classics Grimlock for scaling.

11. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If they do get made, I think they need to be at least voyager class. deluxe is just too small for dinobots.

12. CZ Hazard

News Credits:
    Let's try and go off rumour Transbot, think of it as un-commissioned market research.

I think the ROC figures cover bases, which is why I don't think deluxes work. Its always nice to buy Hasbro figures as well.

Make Toys / FP always put their own spin on any of their figures, (which is part of their charm), they've never released Ultra Magnus or Kickback, but FP's very own City Commander and Backfiery. Because of this homage tendency, I'm not sure if they'd be right for MP style Dinobots to compliment the already released Grimlock.

13. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    MP all the way for the missing characters. Can't have mp grimlock supported by a deluxe or voyager dinobeezy squad.

Wait. Maybe voyager if they were detailed enough.

14. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    I'm not going to say no to ANY Dinobots. But if I had my choice in a perfect world I'd like MP versions of Slag, Sludge, Swoop and Snarl to go with Grimlock. And/or Classics Styled versions of all five...Voyager Grimlock, Slag and Snarl, Deluxe Swoop, Ultra Sludge.

15. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If it's third party I want either five Voyagers with a new aesthetic or four deluxes with aesthetics that match Classics Grimlock. One because I don't have the MP, and two I like my Classics characters to have updated designs instead of completely matching G1 like the MP does.

16. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    OK rumours aside.

I would like 4 MP Dinobots that look like Takara's Grimlock in aesthetics.

I'm banking that Hasbro is giving us FOC Dinobots but at best we will see Grimlock as a Voyager and the rest as deluxes. If this is the case then I would like a 3P group to upscale a Sludge.

I do not know where I stand after that. If any group can make a set of all 5 Dinobots that somewho cover something the MP and FOC versions don't I may bite.

17. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I say classics. Give us a new Grimlock too since his official toy sucks. Scale them between deluxe and voyager, but make Swoop deluxe size and Sludge Voyager. Everyone else in between.

I also like the idea of Paddles. But do him this way. Make the toy modular, and put a piece in with each of the other five. That way, if you buy them all, you can "build-a-figure" Paddles. It'd be a good incentive to get people to buy all 5 toys. Put the largest part in with Swoop, the smallest of the other. Then Sludge can come with one of the smallest parts. This way all the releases can be around the same price.

18. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Could a BAF Paddles still transform?

19. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pirate/Viking Dinobots I tell you, with Paddles transforming into their ship!

20. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    If engineered correctly, I don't see why not. Look at how many figures we have that can be popped in half, or have limbs popped off. Just use the right kinds of joints in the right places.