3rd party burnout anyone?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by motorhead9999, Sep 10, 2010.

1. motorhead9999

motorhead9999 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is it just me, or is anyone else here sort of getting burned out on all the 3rd party toys coming out? I mean, don't get me wrong, I love them to death, and think that they're extremely cool. But there's been A LOT of them coming out lately. Between fansproject, crazy devy's stuff, igear and the other Arcee figure, shadow warrior...it just seems like both my eyes, and wallet are hitting sensory overload, especially when you throw in trying to get the original figures these add-ons go to. I mean, Shadow Scythe sold out in a day, so god knows what his price is going to be once he's actually released, and combine that with the high-before-it-was-announced price for wildrider or SG Rodimus, and it was all a bit much. And it seems like the 3rd party companies are popping out of the woodwork. How many of us were drooling over tfclub's Devastator arm that we got a preview, and then cringing when we started thinking about the price?

Like I said, I'm not saying the 3rd partiers are bad or anything, just that it seems to have hit a fever pitch lately.

2. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

nope.

I only bought 2 3rd party TF toys thus far. the first was the igear smaller scale MP Faith leader. the second was the fanprojects bruticus swindle & blastoff duo set.

the next 3rd party transformer I buy is the Igear smaller scale MP Megatron toy.

3. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    not just no but HELL no :D 

i myself can't wait for Broadside, Wreckgar and the rest of the designs that were shown to get made.

4. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Nah, but I am getting more selective. G1 homages and upgrades only and it needs to fill a hole in my collection. So no Shadows, no trailers, no Crazy Devy. Drawing the line at the other tape upgrades, in favor of the TFclub Devastator and FP's Collector, which I'll be buying three of if they do the face variants.

5. motorhead9999

motorhead9999 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What is FP's Collector? I hadn't heard about that one yet. Also, where were the Broadside and Wreck-gar images shown at? I've never seen them.

6. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Heck No. FP has given us some of the best 3rd party accessories available. They do what Hasbro/Takara wont. So again No not burned out. Just Pre-Ordered Protector and Sidearm along with my Crossfire set coming tomorrow and my D.I.A Commander next week.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  7. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Collector is the Wreck-Gar remake.

8. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

More options is always a good thing than no options at all.

So my answer to the OP's question of this thread is NO.

9. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    another vote for HELL NO over here..

10. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

I need MORE!!! However, i'm not running out and buying everything. I'm really just sticking to figures that are original for the most part.

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Not tired of them myself either. I don't get ALL of them though.Fansproject stuff is definitely my fav. I do like the PE Shadow Warriors too.

Crazy Devy isn't my cup of tea...maybe if they looked like the add-ons were worth the price they were asking I'd bite but one of them have thus far.

12. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    Nah, I am more overwhelmed with the third party releases and Takara releases towards year's end than I am burned out.

13. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Like Foster mentioned, I am a little more selective nowadays. But I do appreciate the fact that most 3rd party companies make what Hasbro/Takara won't although it is still technically copyright infringement of some sort.

But as long as Hasbro doesn't take legal action I guess the fans win.

14. The touch79

The touch79 Sparticon

I'm with you. I feel that third party releases are getting out of hand. I mean there are so many of them that I have lost track of all the upcoming releases, and I usually know what the shelves will be packing in the near future. I feel third parties will continue to keep succeeding the majority of the time due to the plastic crack effect and the repaint factor. If collectors can buy multiple versions of a mold, whats to say they won't buy something to give that repaint a little bit of individuality. I really like this upcoming protector set that is coming out, but paying close to $100 to make rodimus into rodimus prime? I feel that with the extra kit they will look so fancy that they won't belong with my regular deluxe and voyager class figures. I am still recovering from having to dish out some big cash for the ultra magnus/ skywarp pack and city commander upgrade set. I am content with what hasbro is offering us right now.

15. DecepticonZone

DecepticonZone Well-Known Member

Nope.

16. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For a moment, I thought there was some movement to get GrungeWerX's sassy fem made into a toy.

The answer to the actual question is hell no. My wallet might be crying, but my hands are going "gimme, gimme!"

17. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The only burnout I have is the saturation. I'd like to see 1-2 good projects per year since the price tag reflects that type of purchase to me. Buying 8-10 deluxes is relative to one of these projects, which is typically an "add-on" type of thing to something I already have. This is mainly coming from one who has a bit more of a limited expendable income than others.

I'd like to mention that one of the things I've enjoyed for years here at TFW2005.com is that I'm able to get a good advance in what I want to buy or pass on. :) 

18. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This. I literally went Meh to the new Shadow Protector armor and went....wahhhh I said Meh? It's getting to the point where I will be getting a more tickled fancy things instead of OMG GOTTA HAVE THEM ALL.

19. rainningstorm

rainningstorm cheapskate@Cantonment

You don't have to get every 3 party product. Just get the ones you want, or what you can get/ have fun with the most.

20. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    it is IMPOSSIBLE to get tired of fansproject's work, hell i just ordered the crossfire munitioner and explorer sets, next is D.I.A. Commander and Warbot Defender

i got tired of igear when i heard the name