3rd Party Bayformer Figure & Accessory Index

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by netkid, Apr 24, 2017.

1. True Savage

True Savage Anti rapid fanbase member

2. tonysandlin

tonysandlin Well-Known Member

I think that one was debunked. It's apparently some other non movie toy.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  3. True Savage

So I take it does not have the 4 legs *sigh*

Still will try to get it. Not just because having a display of bayformer constructicons would be sick but I would love to support these 3p movie companies

4. tonysandlin

If you look closely at the one with Devastator, there looks to be 4 legs. The back two are just hard to see.

• Like Like x 2
  5. True Savage

idk it still looks a little different

6. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 Fess up, stress down.

News Credits:
    Smells like another addition to the roster:
    Toy House Factory -02 (not DOTM Deluxe Leadfoot)

This is slowly becoming absurd. It's gonna be amusing to see these 3P companies tripping over each other to see who pushes their version to release first

• Like Like x 2
  7. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    I'm gonna wait and see if that product and company turns out to be legit or crap before adding it to the list.

Right now, the list just contains companies that have stuff you can actually buy and stuff they are currently working on.

Newcomers (like that transforming lockdown) will only be added if they show up for purchase /pre-order from legit online retailers of 3rd party products.

But...this is what I feared most. A toy arms race as to who can get theirs first to market or who can make a better toy over the other guy. It's gonna be a real pisser seeing several different takes on 1 movie bot. Ugghhh... this is why I try to stick with official toys and not 3rd party unless it's an accessory that compliments an official toy or something I KNOW Hasbro/Takara won't ever make. Here comes a flood of dino/mirages...just...greaaaaaaat...

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Looks this:

Possible WJ prime:
    KO's for TLK FIGURES (?

9. tonysandlin

I see zero problems with a flood of 3rd party movie toys. Let there be competition.

10. eltonlin98

News Credits:
    I don't want to sound unfair, but this quandary of 3rd Party never would have happened (or would have been greatly diminished) had Hasbro met the demands of their fans in the first place (yes we may be impossible to please at times, but don't you want to at least throw the completionists a bone?). There have been unforeseen circumstances, but it shouldn't have been that hard to offer an alternative towards obtaining figures not mass-released to store ala a system like HasbroToyShop. This competition is a natural product of the marketplace of supply and demand, but as netkid stated, there are no winners in the battle of rushing your product to the market for the sake of selling first. We the consumers will have to deal with the possibility of a faulty product (even Wei Jiang, who I trust a lot, has had their share of issues and rectified them by trial and error), and the companies have to deal with crud that won't move.

By and by, I hope that once the figures are released, people will vote properly with their wallets, and these companies will learn more what consumers are searching for. May the best team, who values the opinions of their fanbase, win.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  11. netkid

News Credits:
    Yes, if the amount of choices for just 1 movie character gets as bad as it could, we will be watching and reading reviews on every company's attempt in order to pick out the very best among the crowd or what fits to OUR collection best.

And then there is also the aspect of type-specific toys. Some companies may only do masterpiece size/style movie figure while another may only do voyagers, another deluxes, and so on. Some may just do remolds of existing toys, like reengineering in all the cut features from the ROTF molds.

It is going to get very crazy very fast. The many options/choices will be welcome, but buyers will be forced to sit down and decide in what direction they want their collections to grow.

Do they try to stay true to Hasbro/Takara and just buy complimentary accessories? Do they go a step further and buy figures that should've been made (like the leader-style wei Jiang Hound, the upcoming Dino, and the new lockdown?), or do they venture in a specific direction and only buy Masterpiece-level movie figures? Or maybe Leader-Class style movie figures that have electronics?

This new age of movie product will test us all. Many decisions await on the horizon.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    How come some of the threads are linked to in the index but not all? Like UT Lockdown isn't linked but the DOTM Wreckers are.

Also, re:Hasbro not meeting demand, well, they tried at least. DOTMs final wave was cancelled by retailers, yet all the figures at least made it to one production run, which wouldn't have happened if there was never intent to sell them.

13. netkid

News Credits:
    Just haven't gotten around it it. Links and adding in the retail prices(which can vary site-to-site) remain to be done.

I was far more concerned with establishing lists of all the companies and all their products, along with descriptions of what's what and what accessories are for which specific movie toys. That way, people still get the main info they need to make sense of everything and then if they want to see the items, they can then google for them and shop for them.

• Like Like x 1
  14. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer I rise, you fall

News Credits:
    I guess this would be the best place to ask, does anyone know of a good 3rd party replacement head/face for AoE Drift? I really like the figure, but the face throws me off. The face on the TLK figure has much better detailing, but he still has that weird little smile. I'd love for him to have a serious expression like one of these. 1AE.jpg Drift_(AOE).jpg

Last edited: May 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  15. eltonlin98

News Credits:
    Unfortunately, the only time I've seen Drift represented in official capacity with a serious face has been his Prime 1 Studio statue. No 3rd party has done any AOE related alternative faces (you'd think some company by now would've given Crosshairs his retractable goggles)
    [​IMG]

I agree, that smiling expression does not suit him at all

EDIT: I stand corrected. Contact @Burnout00012 : I think he applied the Voyager head to the AOE Deluxe, maybe he could give pointers about applying it to the TLK one

16. netkid

News Credits:
    The voyager (https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0..._Drift_Figure_l_Redtagnow_06.jpg?v=1419738907) and the power battler (https://i.ytimg.com/vi/WrEBnyvOrDY/maxresdefault.jpg) may be what you want, but I don't know how well they'd scale and work with the deluxe mold.

17. John TheDestroyer

News Credits:
    I have voyager Drift and in person his face looks really weird and awkward too. And its too big, I don't see how I could make it fit on deluxe Drift without some serious modding. And I'm terrible at modding :lol . I was hoping there would be one that I could just swap out at the ball joint.

In fact, someone could release a pack with replacement heads for all or most of the AoE figures. New head for Drift, goggles for Crosshairs, a head with a better mask gimmick for Bumblebee, and a head with a face mask for Optimus.

• Like Like x 2
  18. BLNadal

BLNadal Space Monkey

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    • Like Like x 3
  19. John TheDestroyer

News Credits: