3rd party appeal?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by 0MEGATR0N, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Yop the Yopper

Yop the Yopper Banned

Those two pics are a bit misleading....

2. NexMortuus

NexMortuus Well-Known Member

Very very true not all are good but they are expensive because again from what i said earlier there is a lot of work and material and foreign producers that make this work expensive trust i know what i speak of cause besides tf me and my bud are toy makers and were going to do excatly what these folks do go to a foreign producer to mass produce there fore the cost rising in our figs we decided not to, too expensive. same thing goes for tfs and with all those parts they going to have to pay workers to put them together now dont they? But yes that is the result of a 3rd party add on and avery good add on too i seen it and touched the material
    How? that is the original hasbro one and down there is the add on all they did was remove some figs and add new ones and weapons hence the add ons. it obvious.

3. Yop the Yopper

Yop the Yopper Banned

Because you are showing one Bruticus and then a different one with the add-ons and there's a big difference between the two types of Bruticus that are shown and both look entirely different with the add-ons. There is also a significant price difference between outfitting the ROTF version and Energon version which translates into one being more desirable than the other, hence those two entirely different pictures being misleading.

4. NexMortuus

frist that was not my post second that is the point its a before and after photo and yes of course it has a price diff the one with the add on is more because....Obviously it is a hard process to make these things. I think your missing the point here. Thats all im going to say about that

5. Yop the Yopper

Yop the Yopper Banned

No, you are misunderstanding but that's okay.

6. NexMortuus

lets both agree to disagree we were lost somewhere i said that its an accurate pic of what a 3rd party add on looks like to A original toy. Price is expensive but obviously cause of not only the hardwork and the process but of suply and demand. what did you meant summarize it so i could fully understand we were lost

7. Yop the Yopper

Yop the Yopper Banned

The first picture is not what it looks like in the second picture because they are two entirely different versions with different colors and values. It is not an accurate description of what you are getting. I'm not agreeing to disagree on a point that you can't understand. If you were to buy second picture of the add-ons and the ROTF Bruticus and then were sent the the add-ons and got the Energon Bruticus with the add-ons you wouldn't be happy as they are two entirely different Bruticus toys. The Energon one is worth much less than the ROTF version with the add-ons included or not. Those two pictures are not the same and are misleading, especially in a thread where someone is trying to understand the appeal of 3rd Party goods. You cannot take the first picture and end up with the second picture. It's impossible.

8. NexMortuus

Ah ok now i get you they are one is the rotf and the other is energon. Ok sure but still people could see the diff colors between the figs they are not dumb i mean thats what i hope they not really plus every one who gets the add on always get the rotf redeco. but ok we cleared that up but they did do redecos of the add on idk if those go with the energon so input needed

9. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's true, and Nex, please read and actually see what he's saying.

It's like showing a Mustang stock, and comparing it to a mustang GT stock with a body kit and spoiler.

When you compare something that's bare-bones/stock to a more "premium version" in the first place, all add-ons are null-and-void because it's an unbalanced comparison from the get-go.

Now, if he had compared the energon Bruticus to the FOLLOWING, then it'd make sense:

[​IMG]

As you can see, the colors aren't as "made to fit" as the other version, so even though the overall effect of the upgrades is the same, there's something added to it by the colors being uniform.

10. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Boy, you can say THAT again!

and Reprolabels made the big, cool Bruticus even cooler!

Fansproject also made my "meh Bumblebee repaint" classics Cliffjumper into a bad-ass "got Megatron dead-center in my viewfinder" Mo-Fo for a meager $30!

THAT'S the appeal to me!

11. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I also think of 3rd party items as small investments. Mainly because I'd you buy one early on and if you don't like it or really need money, you can usually sell them for cost or a good profit usually.

12. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Fixed like a motherfucker.

13. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    not contradictory at all. I will buy it cuz I like the design but if I have a choice (exact design but one by Hasbro and one by 3rd party) then I would go with Hasbro cuz most likely would cost less.

14. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me 3rd party is more of a collectors item, much like the MP line. Thugh I haven't seen much from 3rdP that intrests me much, at least that I've seen, except the waraxe for my United Optimus.

If there is a nice looking g1ish menasor or bruticus out there that isn't too wacky on price (unlike Hercules who is way overpriced to me) I'd probably try to grab them up. I just have no idea if there has ever been a Bruticus or Menasor.

15. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Definitely agree about the FansProject Bruticus add-ons. At first I was leery at the cost jumping in just as the last of the Explorer and Munitioner stock were disappearing from online retailers (I snagged some of the last ones at BBTS), but I knew I'd regret it later on if I let Bruticus slip away.

I am so friggen glad I sprung the cash on him! So worth it and more. Makes me stare in awe everytime I look at him. Reprolabels stickers and PCC Heavytread modded as new Brawl (one of my first forays into customizing something -- a fun learning experience) just make him all the better, and I look forward to some Shapeways designers to offer some kind of chest shield/wing to really complete his G1 accurate look!

That said, third parties offer more options and characters that HasTak just wouldn't be able to give us for whatever reason. Legalities aside, having options is always a good thing in my book.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    You'd be surprised at what needs to be spelled out for some people.

17. 0MEGATR0N

0MEGATR0N Robot/Gladiator

it doesnt "matter" per say,but Dr.crank?c'mon man,thats just silly imo.

18. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

And there you go.

19. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Three words:
    Filling the gaps.
    That's what they do. They pick up on Has/tak's mistakes (bruticus) or shortcomings (no springer, insecticons, classics devastator, proper ultra magnus, Shockwave etc. etc.) and do something about it. :) 

20. NexMortuus

Ah very true i speed read and miss a lot of info i should read more carefully sorry about that i see my mistakes and i finally understood him. That was my mistake sorry. but yes those were not made to fit him even with the redeco.
    True you make a point and i should not be surprised