3rd Parties and Reprolabels

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by djjetstorm, Mar 17, 2012.

1. djjetstorm

djjetstorm "The Matrix is within us"

What do you guys think of Reprolables?

I bought a set for Alternators Jazz a few years ago and was impressed with how they turned out. I could easily blow $100 on that site and I'm not sure what would be better with or without labels.

I'm mainly thinking 3rd Party.

What are your guys thoughts.
    Have you bought them?
    What have you bought them for?
    What are you favorite Reprolabels?

Feel free to share pictures

2. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    I always like to have a few variant sets of faction symbols lying around, for third party and symbol-less official toys.

The only 'upgrade' set I bought from them was the Music Label Sundwave one, which was very nice, but I damaged the chrome effect on it. Not too keen on some of them - it feels as though sometimes they're just there to be there, rather than because they're needed. If I had G1 figures, I'd be glad of replacement stickers for thise, though.

Quality is always top notch from the ones I've seen.

3. ferrari35

ferrari35 Well-Known Member

I would recomend them to anyone:) 
    They do a great job last set I got was for Igears mp cone heads worth it just for the stickers for thrust's fan blades I wonder if they could ever do water slide transfers as some times the stickers can mask the details.

4. djjetstorm

djjetstorm "The Matrix is within us"

I think I'm going to get a few for my Hercules and maybe the FP bug bots.

Still thinking about it.

5. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Insignias, City Commander labels, G3 trailer labels, and DL Blaster labels.

6. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The only reprolabels stuff for third party that I've gotten is the City Commander set. Most of the others have too many flashy stickers when all I really need it a good sized faction symbol. I've got sheets of both faction stickers that I use on third party and official stuff as needed though.

7. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Alt/BT's reprolabels are good if your going for the G1 look. I'd recommend Hound's set if you have him......and Trailbreaker's if you have a Nemesis Prime. After that it depends on what third party figures you have. Their TFC Hercules individual sets look good....but a couple of sheets of insignia's will do the job most of the time....aswell as finsihing off customs like so:

[​IMG]

Bumblebee and Sunstreaker (not finished yet) have all the reprolabels they need, Jazz will have when he's finished. You can see a reprolabels insignia on his crotch like the G1 toy I did when he was a Mazda.

[​IMG]

Insignia's really finish these guys off and makes them look like the proper characters........

8. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've bought tons of Reprolabels and love them. Virtually my entire vintage G1 collection has Reprolabels and, indeed, the availability of a Reprolabels set is a big factor in whether I buy a vintage G1 toy or not. I also have Reprolabels on a number of my Alternators, with my favorite sets being the Predacon conversion upgrades (Ricochet -> Divebomb, Battle Ravage -> Razorclaw, Rollbar -> Tantrum). I wish they'd make sets to convert a couple of other Alts into the remaining two Predacons, but I'd imagine that's unlikely given how long the line has been over.

I haven't bought any Reprolabels for my 3rd party stuff yet, although I'm considering the FP Insecticon stickers.

9. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I've gotten reprolabels for:
    G1 Minibots (they come in a set, or at least use to)
    G1 Inferno
    G1 Skids
    G1 Top Spin and Twin Twist
    G1 Abominus
    G1 Sideswipe
    G1 Flywheels
    ML Soundwave, but when I got mine it already had a set on it.

I've put an Autobot logo on my Warbot Defender from those sets too.

10. ae_productions

ae_productions G1 Fan

Reprolabels do an extraordinary job. The quality is just as good-if not BETTER than MOST original sticker (decal) sets.

As with all stickers, be aware of how your figure transforms prior to applying labels. Sometimes you may have to trim to get a better fit. Be sure they do not rub on or against other parts during the transformation. Sometimes you may have to use FUTURE floor sealant to add some extra protection to your stickers. The extra work will help the longevity of your stickers.

But yes. 100%, reprolabels is worth every sent. Their customer service is also TOP NOTCH.

11. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I have the City Commander set and like it a lot. I'll probably pick up the iGear coneheads set if and when they make a set for the last 3 iGear seekers. I also have plenty of other sets for Classics and G1 figures. I have also bought some repro sets from TF Kingdom. TFK sets are made to be replicas - same layout as original G1 sets, same fragile paper, etc. RL is a better fit for most stuff because they use a better quality vinyl sticker.

Always pad an order with symbol sets - there's usually a giveaway of some kind for every $20 you spend (currently clear outline symbols), and having symbol sets in various sizes and background colors is very helpful for those 3rd party figures they don't make a full set for. My only gripe with Reprolabels is that the symbol sets don't have the largest sizes that I would like to have, in which case I get those sets from TF Kingdom.

12. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

I haven't bought many sets from reprolabels, but the few that I bought were great. I bought the sets for FP Explorer (Blastoff) & Munitioner (Swindle), and also the set for the remaining original three combaticons. Like already has been mentioned, they threw in a couple of faction symbol sheets for free.

I mostly used the sets sparingly compared to how they were intended, so I had a lot more left that I repurposed on other bots.

Windcharger

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mainly I got rid of the rubsign on his hood/chest and replaced with a Autobot symbol with silver outline. Added two more on his rear quarter panels, and some details to the tail lights and exhaust.

FP Warcry

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one I used most of the leftover stickers from the Explorer/Munitioner and combaticon sets. Also added the stripes to help differentiate him from Munitioner.

FP Munitioner & Explorer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For these two, I hardly used any of the stickers as intended. Mostly just used the faction symbols for bot and alt modes. Kept Munitioner mostly bare, again to help differentiate between im and Warcry. As for Explorer, pretty much only used the stripe on the tailfin/blade edge and faction symbols.

[​IMG]

Here's how all of the set was intended for these guys.

[​IMG]

And the remaining three combaticons, I also barely used any of the stickers as designed. I used the two circular stickers to cover the energon jewels on Brawl and Vortex. Other than that, I used some on the weapons and combiner pieces as well, as you can kind of see in the pics.

Very pleased with the results over all, and fully plan on grabbing more reprolabels from them in the future.

13. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i've bought tons, the reprolabels for thunderwing, dl blaster, g3 trailer, ml soundwave, and pe reflector are all required imo, they look naked without them now, the hercules sets i will be getting them all. and still debating on getting the insecticons ones

14. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I highly recommend them! Decent shipping and custom service, and I love how they enhance the look and feel of your figures. Just some examples:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I've bought lots of reprolabels sets and I use most of the stickers, but not all. I have been a little more particular about the ones I use on Hercules. I've found that really all Herc needs are faction stickers and that's more or less enough. The other stickers are nice, but not essential.

On a related note, it is fun to see how virtually everyone that has put faction symbols on Herc put them in the exact same places. Kind of interesting.

16. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I absolutely love Reprolabels. They really improved a lot of figures like Generations Wheeljack, RTS Jazz, RTS Tracks, Classics Hot Rod, Generations Drift, Universe Prowl, and the Movie Deluxe Wreckers that were decent, if not excellent, molds, but had somewhat lackluster, if not downright boring and lazy, paint jobs. I at least recommend them for Jazz and Wheeljack. Their paint jobs were incredibly lazy looking (neither had sponsors, Jazz had really boring stripes, and Wheeljack didn't even have a number!).

17. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I am intending to get some Decepticon symbols for the 3rd party figures i intend to get ( Backfiery,Flameblast and PE Scouting force X) it will also be good to have some on hand for later acquisitions.

18. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I have all of those reprolabels sets (all three Causality, and Scouting) and I highly highly recommend getting the actual sets for those figures. They make an enormous difference and are well worth the money.

19. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I probably will in due time but i am on a budget as most people are so its just gonna be the faction symbols for now.

20. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    order them directly from reprolabels, you'll save some cash compared to bbts, and if you order 20 or so worth of stickers you'll get some free faction labels