3P & MP Shops & Districts in Asia

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by RondoCalrissian, Oct 3, 2017.

1. RondoCalrissian

RondoCalrissian New Member

Hey Guys,

I'm taking a trip to Asia soon and I'm going through Taiwan and Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh). Does anyone on this forum know a specific place or district to check out if I feel the itch to get some plastic crack?

Thanks!

2. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hong kong is the best bet. These 2 will have 3P stuff:

Action Robo
    SHOP 217,
    530-538 Nathan Road,
    Yau Ma Tei, Kowloon,
    Hong Kong

HobbyBase
    Room 305, 3/F, Sino Centre,
    582-592 Nathan Road, Mongkok,
    Kowloon, Hong Kong.

IIRC, you CAN find them in Japan, but its not as easy as you'd think and its expensive. it's wierd. Japan is close, and the place is full of awesome toys . . .but TF 3P is not easily imported

3. RondoCalrissian

RondoCalrissian New Member

Yeah I've been told that Hong Kong is the place to be by my layover is in Taiwan so that's out of the picture. I've also heard about that some problem with 3P rarity in Japan. I'll probably just look for official MP around Tokyo.

4. kamifushou

kamifushou Active Member

I am also going to be in Taiwan though for 2 weeks in a number of cities from Taipei to central island. If anyone has suggestions for places to get TT MP and 3rd party MP figures I’d als appreciate it

5. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Good to know. I'm in Shenzhen right now, but if I can get a weekend off I want to go to Hong Kong while I'm here.

I heard Action Robo had odd hours... anyone confirm? I've never heard of Hobby Base, but I'll look if I'm over there.

Be nice if I could find something actually in Shenzhen. Or Beijing, for that matter.

6. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Unfortunately, just not a lot in Shenzhen. Taking the bus to Hong Kong makes for a much more fun weekend.

7. mikeszekely

Ebay:
    Yeah, tell me about it. What's worse is the we got a hotel near close to the plant, so we wouldn't have to travel a lot during the week, but the hotel (and plant) are in Pingshan. We're not even in the fun part of Shenzhen!

The other problem is getting that weekend. The first weekend I only had Sunday off. What I'd like to do is wrap up early on a Friday, head over, stay in Hong Kong Friday and Saturday night, then go back to Shenzhen on Sunday. I think Action Robo is closed on Sunday? And only open from something like noon to 4:00 Monday-Saturday?

8. kazukun

kazukun Well-Known Member

Last time I was there, Action Robo didn’t open until 5 pm, as with most of the stores in the building (anime/toy figure shops)

9. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I started going to Shenzhen about 15 years ago. It was about a tenth the size it is now. Back then there were no fun parts.

10. mikeszekely

Ebay:
    Eh, I wish I knew for sure. Maybe I can use my wife's company phone and give them a call.

That might still be true; I haven't been able to get out of Pingshan to see the other parts of town. All I can say is that so far I much prefer Beijing.